They are talking about possibly trading for Jason Peters

I'm not sure how I feel about trading him. I guess it would depend on how Peters feels about being in Buffalo. If he wants to be difficult, then maybe we should get compensated now for him before this thing turns into a big mess. I know that I would feel a lot better about it if I knew that our young guys ( Bell and Chambers) were really ready to take on a bigger role in our offensive line.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...for_Eagles.html

Pure speculation at this point. Eagles could use a tackle, Peters might want out of Buffalo ... add them together, and you have their equivalent of the Brian Waters rumors.

I'm not sure how I feel about trading him. I guess it would depend on how Peters feels about being in Buffalo. If he wants to be difficult, then maybe we should get compensated now for him before this thing turns into a big mess. I know that I would feel a lot better about it if I knew that our young guys ( Bell and Chambers) were really ready to take on a bigger role in our offensive line.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...for_Eagles.html

If the inner circle jerks had a unified brain, they would just make Peters the highest paid left tackle in the NFL. I mean come on, the Eagles will do it if they trade for him, right? The jerks tell us they like the extra cash from Toronto, and would even consider adding another regular season game to the Rogers Dome. Well, then spend the extra cash on Peters, and make him your franchise left tackle, dammit! :unsure:

Let's say we do that. What then motivates Peters to become the best LT in the league?

He certainly wasn't that convincing last year---and he was, at least in theory, supposed to be showing everyone why deserved the big boost in pay.

If the inner circle jerks had a unified brain, they would just make Peters the highest paid left tackle in the NFL. I mean come on, the Eagles will do it if they trade for him, right? The jerks tell us they like the extra cash from Toronto, and would even consider adding another regular season game to the Rogers Dome. Well, then spend the extra cash on Peters, and make him your franchise left tackle, dammit! :unsure:

I have been vascillating all over on this one, but lately I am starting to believe that we should do just

what you are saying, the possible new Toronto game(s), and combined with aquiring T.O. plus losing

so many of our inferior, I meant interior lineman, has me beiliving that we have to sign Peters.

We lose way touch continuity, if not chemistry, as I don't think that we had much of that anyway, with the

line, and even though I do consider Peters a malcontent, we have to be able to protect Trent, and give our

running game a chance, and right now signing Peters gives us the best chance to do that.

As far as the new money generated by possible more Toronto games, you still have the salary cap

to consider, probably not much of a big deal considering the Bills still have space, and Peters

wouldn't cost too much more than we are willing to offer, Just getrdone.

Let's say we do that. What then motivates Peters to become the best LT in the league?

He certainly wasn't that convincing last year---and he was, at least in theory, supposed to be showing everyone why deserved the big boost in pay.

Good point, we all saw his glaring mistakes - and they were most likley due to his idiotic hold out. (He has fired his agent since then.) However, combined with his mistakes, he obviously did enough good playing to be voted to another Pro Bowl by his peers. And like I said, the Eagles or some other team will pay him, and they will congratulate themsleves for doing it and their fans will settle in to watch their franchise left tackle take over on the left side. You can argue if he is quite that good now or not all you want. The fact remains, the Bills have him, they should pay him....now.

Big money will kill this guy's motivation. I see another Mike Williams on the horizon. The hunger and thirst for sucess will surely die with this guy when he gets his mega millions.....Just my unsupported opinion...

I have been vascillating all over on this one, but lately I am starting to believe that we should do just

what you are saying, the possible new Toronto game(s), and combined with aquiring T.O. plus losing

so many of our inferior, I meant interior lineman, has me beiliving that we have to sign Peters.

We lose way touch continuity, if not chemistry, as I don't think that we had much of that anyway, with the

line, and even though I do consider Peters a malcontent, we have to be able to protect Trent, and give our

running game a chance, and right now signing Peters gives us the best chance to do that.

As far as the new money generated by possible more Toronto games, you still have the salary cap

to consider, probably not much of a big deal considering the Bills still have space, and Peters

wouldn't cost too much more than we are willing to offer, Just getrdone.

The only way I trade Peters is if Philly would offer us both their 1st round picks. For those that are saying noway is peters worth that much nobody really knows. I say nobody knows because Franchise Left Tackles going into the prime of their career & have 2 years left on a very management friendly contract never become available. Whether you think Peters is a franchise left tackle is besides the point. My guess is that is how he is viewed around the league. Then with the 11th pick I would take the best tackle on the board & with one of Philly's picks I would take the best guard/center on the board. We would still have another 1st rnd pick to go defense.

If they are going to keep him though, they need to pay him the money. We do not need any distractions this summer.

anyone see the really funny new hitler-t.o. video?

link

so the bills are done in free agency. looks like they're moving to canada too. losman sucks, ya know.

t.o.'s a cancer, hardy's a bust, lynch is a thug.

wanna see my latest mock draft?

CHRIST ALMIGHTY, can the season just start? :unsure:

link

so the bills are done in free agency. looks like they're moving to canada too. losman sucks, ya know.

We should start Rob Johnson over Flutie, more upside.

The only way I trade Peters is if Philly would offer us both their 1st round picks. For those that are saying noway is peters worth that much nobody really knows. I say nobody knows because Franchise Left Tackles going into the prime of their career & have 2 years left on a very management friendly contract never become available. Whether you think Peters is a franchise left tackle is besides the point. My guess is that is how he is viewed around the league. Then with the 11th pick I would take the best tackle on the board & with one of Philly's picks I would take the best guard/center on the board. We would still have another 1st rnd pick to go defense.

If they are going to keep him though, they need to pay him the money. We do not need any distractions this summer.

:unsure:

Outstanding post!

You look around the NFL, and how many franchise left tackles are currently playing in the NFL, as young as Peters, with two consecutive Pro Bowls under their belts??? Of course this kid is worth the money or two number one picks. If the circle jerks trade him for less, then they are more pathetic then I give them credit for.

:unsure:

Outstanding post!

You look around the NFL, and how many franchise left tackles are currently playing in the NFL, as young as Peters, with two consecutive Pro Bowls under their belts??? Of course this kid is worth the money or two number one picks. If the circle jerks trade him for less, then they are more pathetic then I give them credit for.

insightful as well. a totally new perspective, never heard before, on a situation that i'm sure few knew existed.

Big money will kill this guy's motivation. I see another Mike Williams on the horizon. The hunger and thirst for sucess will surely die with this guy when he gets his mega millions.....Just my unsupported opinion...

I llike the way the bills are playing this. They will call his bluff this year just as they did last year. He will come in at the last minute and play well, better than anyone else will, because he is playing for his next contract. Then next year, he is really under pressure to perform, as he will be in the last yr of his contract and REALLY need to play well. In the meantime, the Bills have a $7-8m/yr standing contract offer out there for he and his agent to stew on every night until the fines start hitting in may and June. I like the way the Bills are playing this . Peters is bluffing, as we saw last year, and will miss out on $15-20m over the three prime years of his career in the process. He will sign. On fair terms, or the Bills will simply coach up Bell/Chambers/whoever to replace him and just wait him out and get 2 years of stellar play, as Peters has no choice but to play and play well...

link

Has anyone NOT seen the T.O. - Hitler video?....but still one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Not original though. The exact same clip from that Hilter movie has been used for many other "dubbed subjects" including the Giants upsetting the Pats in the SB and something about Tim Tebow. Regardless, the T.O. dub is priceless.

And oh by the way, the Bills may not be done in free agency, the Bills may move to Canada, but not until Wilson passes away, Losman sucks, T.O. may be a "cancer", but who cares if he duplicates his stats from last year, Hardy is anything but a bust so far, at least give the kid his knee rehab and second season as a pro, and Lynch is not a thug.

And the season won't start until September 2009. (Sorry.) :huh:

insightful as well. a totally new perspective, never heard before, on a situation that i'm sure few knew existed.

Nice sarcasm The Senator. Do you anything original to add to the discussion, or are you the monitor of all posts that don't measure up to your unique standards?? :unsure:

So if it does happen, then he will just want to be the highest paid tackle in the NFL instead of the AFC, another thing he is so far from deserving it is sickening. I say if you get a good deal, send him out of here. This routine is never gonna end, he will never be happy, put your problems off on someone else if you can.

I say screw Peters.

Draft a replacement in the and tell Peters to accept the deal on the table or play out the remainder of his contract. If we take Oher at #11 we have a T who can easily play LG for us this year. If Peters holds out we have personel to soften the blow. If he signs or decides to play on his exisitng deal we have a solid OL.

Under no circumstance woudl I even consider making Peters the highest paid LT in the game. 1.) because he is not worth it 2.) because he held the team hostage last year 3.) He sign an extension odf his own will and still has 2 years left on that deal.

Evans could have held out, but he didn't and the team rewarded him for that. Peters on the other hand already received a raise and a contract extension and then a year later cost this team with a hold out.

There is no argument out there for caving into Peters demands. NONE. If the Bills are stupid enough to leave the leverage in peters hands and not have a replacement option ready to go after the draft.. OR if the Bills are stupid enough to trade him just to not have to deal with him anymore, well then the franchise would just re-prove how incredibly inept they are.