more on Peters' new agent

He appears to have worked for the Dallas Sports Agency in the recent past. It appears to be a lower tier agency; Aaron Glenn is their best known client. http://dallassportsagency.com/dsa_content.html. If you go to galleries, you can see a photo of the president if DSA with Aaron Glenn along with a guy named Vince Taylor who worked for DSA. They are based in Texas, Peters' home state.

EDIT: According to Bucky Gleason, Taylor was Peters' agent prior to Parker. So the story is either misreported or Peters has fired Parker.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He appears to have worked for the Dallas Sports Agency in the recent past. It appears to be a lower tier agency; Aaron Glenn is their best known client. http://dallassportsagency.com/dsa_content.html. If you go to galleries, you can see a photo of the president if DSA with Aaron Glenn along with a guy named Vince Taylor who worked for DSA. They are based in Texas, Peters' home state.

I get the feeling that it was Parker who dropped Peters.

I've given equal consideration to all sides of the Peters arguments, and I've never seen a world where Peters has the leveraging power. Perhaps Parker saw the Peters talks as a never ending uphill battle.

I've given equal consideration to all sides of the Peters arguments, and I've never seen a world where Peters has the leveraging power. Perhaps Parker saw the Peters talks as a never ending uphill battle.

Are you kidding? I hope you are, because in the next two years, Peters will be getting somewhere between $50 and $70 mill, and I don't know too many agents who get irritated with a bit of work for a client like that.

Are you kidding? I hope you are, because in the next two years, Peters will be getting somewhere between $50 and $70 mill, and I don't know too many agents who get irritated with a bit of work for a client like that.

:nana:

Outstanding point. Peters fired idiot Parker because, in my opinion, he's a good kid who just wants to be a great football player. Obviously, the rest of his peers already think he's great, with the second Pro Bowl vote despite what all of we Bills fans think was an off year for him! No way does Peters hold out this season. My guess, is that he would like to actually play in one of these Pro Bowls, and these late season injuries - or at least last years - could be attributed to him being physically off the entire year by missing every freakin' workout the Bills held, right up unitl the eve of the first game of the season! I think Peters knows he going to get paid, and I think he is going to concentrate on football this season.

Ok

seriously, I believe this has to be one of the dumbest posts of the month

Vincent L. Taylor, for the past year, has been and continues to be listed by the NFL Players Association as Jason Peters' agent. As far as I know, Taylor works with Eugene Parker in some capacity regarding Peters. Not exactly sure how the two are affiliated, though it's not uncommon for a major agent, such as Parker, to have a stable of agents spread across the country.

The first I learned of Parker's involvement is when The Buffalo News attempted to reach Parker during Peters' holdout last year. That said, Taylor is Peters' rep.

jw

:censored:

Outstanding point. Peters fired idiot Parker because, in my opinion, he's a good kid who just wants to be a great football player. Obviously, the rest of his peers already think he's great, with the second Pro Bowl vote despite what all of we Bills fans think was an off year for him! No way does Peters hold out this season. My guess, is that he would like to actually play in one of these Pro Bowls, and these late season injuries - or at least last years - could be attributed to him being physically off the entire year by missing every freakin' workout the Bills held, right up unitl the eve of the first game of the season! I think Peters knows he going to get paid, and I think he is going to concentrate on football this season.

If you think that is what Peters is, you're dead wrong. I've dealt with him on numerous occasions and he is nothing of the sort.

Can you share these experiences?

What he means is, when he reads the articles about him he doesn't like the tone of Peters' decision to hold out, and he feels it necessary to make up a story about how this guy is an asshat.

EDIT: According to Bucky Gleason, Taylor was Peters' agent prior to Parker. So the story is either misreported or Peters has fired Parker.

he is partners with parker!

Ok

That's odd, I see Cat's post as full of an insight not previously offered on the BB. One that actually challenges me to look at the situation in a different light. Essentially, the opposite reaction you have to his post.

I find that comforting and VERY reassuring.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks, John, and welcome to the funhouse.

thanks, lori. longtime reader, first-time (whoops, now second-time) poster. not sure if i can add any more decorum to this hallowed board. but i'll attempt to provide what perspective i have when and where i can, especially approaching what should be a very entertaining year -- win or lose -- and a daunting one at that for us folks in the trenches for obvious reasons: t.o. AND t.o, and not always in that order, if you catch my drift.

jw

thanks, lori. longtime reader, first-time (whoops, now second-time) poster. not sure if i can add any more decorum to this hallowed board. but i'll attempt to provide what perspective i have when and where i can, especially approaching what should be a very entertaining year -- win or lose -- and a daunting one at that for us folks in the trenches for obvious reasons: t.o. AND t.o, and not always in that order, if you catch my drift.

jw

Welcome also, John. When you say 'add' decorum that would imply that a level of decorum already exists.

Not only would I urge you to add decorum, I would welcome a full redecoration. Rearrange the furniture, paint the walls, refinish the floors. Heck, put in an additional bathroom or two. Actually, I'm not sure we can have ENOUGH bathrooms. At the moment, it's like the troughs at a sold out Ralph at halftime.

Offseason really clogs the pipes.

GO BILLS!!!

Not if he was to follow Parker's advice/gameplan. If the Bills have their foot down, insisting Peters either show up or shut up (and I believe they do), then that run's contrary to Parker's advice/gameplan.

Peters has two years left on his contract. If he wants to collect dust in the offseason, the Bills can let him rot for two seasons. If last year's behavior is symptomatic of Parker's scheme, then the Bills have every right to stick Peters on the shelf, and in TWO YEARS tell him take his request for $50-70 and f-ck himself.

Considering Peters has now had as many good seasons as not-so-good seasons, Parker's selling power has basically bottomed out. If Parker's as high profile as I remember him to be, then he's got bigger fish to fry then to wait another year or two for an investment with no guarntees.

Ok

You must not come here a lot.

EDIT: All of the above was written under the now potentially debunked assumption that Parker was and now ceases to be Peters' agent.

jw

Welcome to the Monkeyhouse (Bills' version).

We look forward to your contributions.

he is partners with parker!

Well, they are both working for Peters, apparently, but from what I can tell, they work for different agencies. Do you know that they are, indeed, partners?