Three Losses rolled into one.

Justice

1. Every year the Bills lose their MNF game in the most painful of ways.

2. Every year the Bills lose at New England.

3. The first game of the year the Bills will most likely be without their star running back, Marshawn Lynch, that can't help their chances at a win.

If you think about it, the NFL actually did us a favor by scheduling us against NE on MNF opening day. These are two more losses we could have had against any other team in the league according our recent history. At least we can get all of these losses out of the way in one shot. Hell, we might even go 9 & 7 now!!! And if we win, that kind of win can propel us to bigger and better things! I love this match-up!

3. The first game of the year the Bills will most likely be without their star running back, Marshawn Lynch, that can't help their chances at a win.

If you think about it, the NFL actually did us a favor by scheduling us against NE on MNF. These are two losses we could have had against any other team in the league according our recent history. At least we can get all of these losses out of the way in one shot. Hell, we might go 9 & 7 now!!! And if we win, that kind of win can propel us to bigger and better things! I love this match-up!

I was saying the same thing this morning to a friend at work!

its march 09 and according to most people here its time to start looking to the 2010 offseason because we are by far the worst team in the nfl.

Can't totally disagree here. I've been saying that this season might be one of the longest in the history of the Bills. Sure, there is some talent on both sides of the ball but talent is pretty much irrelevant with the current coaching staff, philosphy that they teach and the numerous questions surrounding the head and ability of the most important position on the team.

This coaching staff, obviously, is no better than a 7-9 record when the stars and schedules align and offer up some pretty easy (winnable) games. I don't see this team, with the schedule they have and the obstacles the coaching staff and quarterback face, that they are more than a 4-12 team at best.

I would love to be optomistic, but DJ has completely shattered that part of my excitement of being a Bills fan. I've become a realist the last couple seasons with last season sealing the deal on expecting nothing more than mediocrity regardless who dons the red, white and blue of Buffalo. The most optomistic I can be right now is looking forward to a top 5 pick in next years draft.

I like playing NE on opening day. They have not hit their stride yet and they won't have hours of film to break down on the 2009 version of the Bills. Maybe (shudder to think this)....we can actually OUT COACH them in the opener and use some looks they have never seen from us. Yeah- that sounds too ridiculous.

Tom will be rusty and throw 3 INTs. TO will be so jacked up to outplay Moss that he'll have 12 catches for 180 yards and 2 TDs.

Bills 17, Pats 10

I know we're shooting for the stars here, but if Brady tossed three picks and TO has 180 yards, I would hope we'd win by more than seven.

I like playing NE on opening day. They have not hit their stride yet and they won't have hours of film to break down on the 2009 version of the Bills. Maybe (shudder to think this)....we can actually OUT COACH them in the opener and use some looks they have never seen from us. Yeah- that sounds too ridiculous.

I agree with your optimism. We have to play in NE at some point. Opening day is the best bet for the Bills, IMO. It will be Brady's first live action and that is alot better than midseason form. Opening day also allows the Bills coaching staff plenty of time to really organize a gameplan. I know that NE has that extra time as well but lets be honest, Jauron and company probably benefit more. NE doesn't have any gamefilm on what the Bills will be trying to do on offense either. The loss of Marshawn will be a factor but I believe in a fresh Freddie. The game is going to be greatly hyped and that should be an awesome stage for both teams. The Bills will be ready to play.

1. One game does not a season make.

2. New England has at least as many question marks as we do.

3. Assuming (big assumption) we shore up the offensive pass protection, I have confidence that TE can get the ball to two pretty darn good wide receivers, and I have confidence in Jackson and possibly Lynch having a good game.

4. On defense we still have to improve the pass rush..but if we do we should expect Brady to be at least somewhat rusty.

I don't know about the season as a whole, but I'm not ready to hand this game to the Pats.

If you think about it, the NFL actually did us a favor by scheduling us against NE on MNF opening day. These are two more losses we could have had against any other team in the league according our recent history. At least we can get all of these losses out of the way in one shot. Hell, we might even go 9 & 7 now!!! And if we win, that kind of win can propel us to bigger and better things! I love this match-up!

I'm thinking we need alot more than Lynch playing to win this game.