Anyone concerned about EDWARDS this season

Guest dog14787
This is the primary issue. Apparently the FO doesn't realize that defensive backs can't protect the QB.

On the contrary, the front office realizes by drafting then allowing our DB's to return punts and kickoffs, it helps the Holy Trent with good starting field position thus allowing TE to hand the ball of to our famous 2 yards in a cloud of dust outlaw RB Marshawn Lynch a few times before kicking a field goal. :thumbdown:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but what the hey... :thumbdown:

I get the distinct feeling that Trent isn't as driven as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were in their younger days. I'm sorry, but I don't see him putting in the necessary overtime during the offseason to learn, work and train towards becoming the best QB in the game. I seriously wonder if he's all that into football. I definitely don't get the feeling he loves the game. Trent realizes that this is what he does best so this is what he's doing, but all things being equal he would take being a professional baseball player or a professional golfer in a heartbeat over playing professional football. He hates cold weather and hates to get hit. I get this from TE's sideline demeanor, post game press conferences, interviews and general lack of being around Buffalo when the final whistle blows in the final game. Either he overcomes the doubts in 2009 or him and his dunderhead of a head coach hit the road for good after this season.

Are you basically saying that he is glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos?

I know I'm going to get blasted for this, but what the hey... :thumbdown:

I get the distinct feeling that Trent isn't as driven as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady were in their younger days. I'm sorry, but I don't see him putting in the necessary overtime during the offseason to learn, work and train towards becoming the best QB in the game. I seriously wonder if he's all that into football. I definitely don't get the feeling he loves the game. Trent realizes that this is what he does best so this is what he's doing, but all things being equal he would take being a professional baseball player or a professional golfer in a heartbeat over playing professional football. He hates cold weather and hates to get hit. I get this from TE's sideline demeanor, post game press conferences, interviews and general lack of being around Buffalo when the final whistle blows in the final game. Either he overcomes the doubts in 2009 or him and his dunderhead of a head coach hit the road for good after this season.

There is opinion and then there is pure speculation. You don't know Trent, you don't play on the Bills and you were not his college roomate. You are taking radio and TV interviews and speculating which is absurd. I don't think he'd text Brandon on the day that TO was cut if he didn't care. I don't think he'd want to take on the challenge of having TO in his huddle if he didn't care. So stick to facts there Sigmund!

There is opinion and then there is pure speculation. You don't know Trent, you don't play on the Bills and you were not his college roomate. You are taking radio and TV interviews and speculating which is absurd. I don't think he'd text Brandon on the day that TO was cut if he didn't care. I don't think he'd want to take on the challenge of having TO in his huddle if he didn't care. So stick to facts there Sigmund!

So now we're splitting hairs over what's opinion and what's speculation? :thumbdown:

Seems like I touched a nerve there fella. Do you honestly think he's putting in the same work that Manning and Brady did in their younger days???? If he were he'd have been in Buffalo and talking to the Bills brass in person and not texting from them from the golf course. Just thought I'd give you a little more of my "pure speculation".

So now we're splitting hairs over what's opinion and what's speculation? :thumbdown:

Seems like I touched a nerve there fella. Do you honestly think he's putting in the same work that Manning and Brady did in their younger days???? If he were he'd have been in Buffalo and talking to the Bills brass in person and not texting from them from the golf course. Just thought I'd give you a little more of my "pure speculation".

Let me help you out there "fella". Making up sh*t like, "I don't see him putting in the work in the offseason." is speculation. Are you around him in the offseason? Most NFL players play golf in the offseason. Brady was playing golf the other day while filming a guest shot on Entourage, he must not be rehabbing! Brady is never in NE in the offseason, neither is Mcnabb or Palmer. Favre didn't stay around GB either! You must be one of those body language experts!

If you read my earlier post I think the jury is still out on Trent, do I think he deserves a chance this year? Yes! Do I hope he is successful? Yes, he is the Bills QB! So the only nerve that you touched is the one that sends a signal to my brain that says, "DUMMY ALERT!" By your post I'm guessing that you're not very smart..do you see how unfair that is?

lmao...one, a QB doesnt play a team all by himself...two, he only had 1 TD, so lets not over play is performance.

More importantly, why is it that people on this board like to define or evaluate a player off a single game? They do it with players at various positions on our team and even on players on other teams. One game does not define a player...I mean Great players can have Bad games and Bad players can have a Great game, its just one game right/

:thumbdown:

you can't help yourself can you?

and the crusade continues

Let me help you out there "fella". Making up sh*t like, "I don't see him putting in the work in the offseason." is speculation. Are you around him in the offseason? Most NFL players play golf in the offseason. Brady was playing golf the other day while filming a guest shot on Entourage, he must not be rehabbing! Brady is never in NE in the offseason, neither is Mcnabb or Palmer. Favre didn't stay around GB either! You must be one of those body language experts!

If you read my earlier post I think the jury is still out on Trent, do I think he deserves a chance this year? Yes! Do I hope he is successful? Yes, he is the Bills QB! So the only nerve that you touched is the one that sends a signal to my brain that says, "DUMMY ALERT!" By your post I'm guessing that you're not very smart..do you see how unfair that is?

Listen Trent, I'm glad you're finally off the gold course but now you've lowered yourself to posting on a Bills message board? Honestly, don't you have better things to do with your time? Like studying tape of the Pats' defense?

:thumbdown:

you can't help yourself can you?

My guess is you are somewhere between the age of 15 and 19...

FYI, this is a thread on Edwards...who the hell else is going to be talked about...the funniest thing is the post you responded to was a comment about how one game doesnt define a player REGARDLESS of who the player is...

You really get worse and worse on your posts...

Here is a beer to help you turn it around... :lol:

Listen Trent, I'm glad you're finally off the gold course but now you've lowered yourself to posting on a Bills message board? Honestly, don't you have better things to do with your time? Like studying tape of the Pats' defense?

ZING! This is just a guess, but your humorous post leads me to believe that you are some sort of comedian?

My guess is you are somewhere between the age of 15 and 19...

FYI, this is a thread on Edwards...who the hell else is going to be talked about...the funniest thing is the post you responded to was a comment about how one game doesnt define a player REGARDLESS of who the player is...

You really get worse and worse on your posts...

Here is a beer to help you turn it around... :thumbdown:

Do you feel better now?

I think that was uncalled for, Bill. And, once again, you can't fight the urge to introduce Losman into a conversation that has NOTHING to do with him. Horrible!

He simply pointed out that Edwards didn't beat the Pats, the Bills did. And, while I think Trent had a fine game, and looked good in the 2nd half, your "kid throwing on the road, in awful weather" comment looks pretty stupid in light of Cutler's 25-45, 359 yard performance in that same "awful weather".

Of course the win is what is important, and Trent was the QB on the field that day. Let's not pretend he put the team on his back, and out gunned Cutler, though.

Your a better poster when you don't try to guess what someone means, and when you keep your hatred of JP and Levy in check, IMO.

Brian, you do know how much I respect your opinion. That said, are you reading this stuff? Trent's pass to Jackson wasn't good because it only traveled 5 yards in the air. I mean, wtf? Have we or have we not seen balls like that wind up in the stands or on the ground? THE PLAY FREAKING WORKED!!! The Bills scored a touchdown and won the game!!! Is it better to put up numbers and lose?

I mean really, who the f :thumbdown: k cares about Cutler's stats for that particular game?

If guys want to blast Trent for the Cleveland game, they should. However in Denver, he led the Bills to a win against Shanahan, on the road, in the freezing cold. And, the Broncos needed the game to make the playoffs. Never mind.....his passes should have traveled a longer distance, and Cutler had better "numbers". :lol:

The truth is that posts like this are below your standards as well, or so I think.

Brian, you do know how much I respect your opinion. That said, are you reading this stuff? Trent's pass to Jackson wasn't good because it only traveled 5 yards in the air. I mean, wtf? Have we or have we not seen balls like that wind up in the stands or on the ground? THE PLAY FREAKING WORKED!!! The Bills scored a touchdown and won the game!!! Is it better to put up numbers and lose?

I mean really, who the f :thumbdown: k cares about Cutler's stats for that particular game?

If guys want to blast Trent for the Cleveland game, they should. However in Denver, he led the Bills to a win against Shanahan, on the road, in the freezing cold. And, the Broncos needed the game to make the playoffs. Never mind.....his passes should have traveled a longer distance, and Cutler had better "numbers". :lol:

The truth is that posts like this are below your standards as well, or so I think.

Your obsession with Trent Edwards is almost as bizarre as Trent's obsession with Dakota Fanning.

I think The Dean's point is, Bill, that whenever someone posts something like, "Trent's pass to Jackson wasn't good, etc.", your usual response is to accuse them of being "Losman fanboys" or "Losman baton twirlers" and then launch into a Losman-bashing crusade.

And you do this almost any time anyone says anything negative about Trent Edwards, no matter how slight the criticism and without regard that some criticisms may be valid.

You do realize that just because someone criticizes Edwards, it's not necessarily an endorsement of Losman, and that many of the folks questioning some aspects of Edwards game and pointing out some of his weaknesses also think Losman sucks, no?

(And also that valid criticism of Edwards is merely a different opinion than yours, and your kneejerk reaction of trashing Losman every time something is said about Edwards almost makes you look like a 'fanboy' of the glove-wearing Mary from Los Gatos? :lol: )

Your obsession with Trent Edwards is almost as bizarre as Trent's obsession with Dakota Fanning.

I think The Dean's point is, Bill, that whenever someone posts something like, "Trent's pass to Jackson wasn't good, etc.", your usual response is to accuse them of being "Losman fanboys" or "Losman baton twirlers" and then launch into a Losman-bashing crusade.

And you do this almost any time anyone says anything negative about Trent Edwards, no matter how slight the criticism and without regard that some criticisms may be valid.

You do realize that just because someone criticizes Edwards, it's not necessarily an endorsement of Losman, and that many of the folks questioning some aspects of Edwards game and pointing out some of his weaknesses also think Losman sucks, no?

(And also that valid criticism of Edwards is merely a different opinion than yours, and your kneejerk reaction of trashing Losman every time something is said about Edwards almost makes you look like a 'fanboy' of the glove-wearing Mary from Los Gatos? :lol: )

I think I'm obsessed with your obsession with Trent's obsession with Dakota Fanning. :thumbdown:

But Hon. Senator, it WAS good if it went for a touchdown. Isn't that what matters?

Trent might turrn out to be a bad quarterback. Anything is possible, but to criticize his TD passes because they didn't travel far enough in the air, and the team won the game is over the edge. Will ya give me that? :thumbdown:

But Hon. Senator, it WAS good if it went for a touchdown. Isn't that what matters?

Trent might turrn out to be a bad quarterback. Anything is possible, but to criticize his TD passes because they didn't travel far enough in the air, and the team won the game is over the edge. Will ya give me that? ;)

Oh...alright.

Actually, I'll give you that, and even more - Edwards has shown signs of brilliance. I was amazed when he took the field in the preseason in his rookie year and was able to move the ball downfield very effectively and sustain drives, as a rookie in his first NFL games, while Losman couldn't do sh*t besides go 3-and-out.

But the cold weather thing does have me concerned - the fact that he won against Denver, on the road, in 20-degree weather does make me feel better (thanks for reminding me). Also, he did seem to 'backslide' after the concussion, and I don't really want to label him "injury-prone", but it's a concern. I sincerely hope he has his 'breakout year' this season and develops in the NFL's best QB.

(The Dakota Fanning thing, however, I cannot overlook. :lol: )

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbdown:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :lol: