Mark Sanchez is screwed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both were bad. And if Johnson couldn't win games then what was the last game of the regular season? He was terrific in that one and damn good in Tennessee. Both were bad. Neither much worse than the other.

But if only we had gotten Flutie a year or two earlier when he hadn't lost that little bit of arm strength that he needed ... He could have taken us a long long way.

At the time, I supported whoever the coaches named as the starter. But there was no question that the Flutie fans were much more obnoxious than the Johnson fans at the time.

Rob Johnson against the Titans:

Attempts: 22

Completions: 10

Yards: 131

TDs: 0

INTs: 0

Sacks taken: 6 (1 for a safety)

Fumbles lost: 2

Individual QB Rating: 64.8

Yards per pass attempt (including sacks): 3.4

Team QB rating (inclusive of sack yardage/attempts): 46.1

Rob Johnson. It's funny how we make fun of him so much but he was the last QB to take us to the playoffs.

Rob didn't take us to the playoffs, Flutie did. As Flutie said, he drove the majority of the race and was told to pull over and let Johnson finish the last laps.

To end all speculations on Flutie & Johnson, Wade Phillips finally admitted that "In hindsight, Doug would have won us the game" (during the Top 10 QB feuds on the NFL network). I thought it was hysterical at the end of that program, when Rich Eisen was laughing in disbelief and said "Rob Johnson was involved in a QB feud?!"

To end all speculations on Flutie & Johnson, Wade Phillips finally admitted that "In hindsight, Doug would have won us the game" (during the Top 10 QB feuds on the NFL network). I thought it was hysterical at the end of that program, when Rich Eisen was laughing in disbelief and said "Rob Johnson was involved in a QB feud?!"

That does not "end" anything. Just because WADE PHILLIPS said Doug would have won the game, does not mean that that is definitively what would have happened. The correct answer is we'll never know.

That does not "end" anything. Just because WADE PHILLIPS said Doug would have won the game, does not mean that that is definitively what would have happened. The correct answer is we'll never know.

The correct answer is Johnson was a bust and Jacksonville used our 1st round pick to get Fred Taylor. I would of rather had Fred Taylor for 10 years instead of Rob "I fallen and can't get up" Johnson for the 3 years he was here.

The correct answer is Johnson was a bust and Jacksonville used our 1st round pick to get Fred Taylor. I would of rather had Fred Taylor for 10 years instead of Rob "I fallen and can't get up" Johnson for the 3 years he was here.

The correct answer is, Flutie lost the playoff game the previous year, by fumbling in the red zone. Flutie never won a playoff game in the NFL. The Bills were ahead when the offense left the field (thanks, in large part to RJ leading the team to what should have been the game winning score).

Sorry, there is nothing to suggest Flutie would have made a difference in this game.

The kickoff coverage squad lost that game...PERIOD. Stop with the revisionist history, and whining.

The correct answer is, Flutie lost the playoff game the previous year, by fumbling in the red zone. Flutie never won a playoff game in the NFL. The Bills were ahead when the offense left the field (thanks, in large part to RJ leading the team to what should have been the game winning score).

Sorry, there is nothing to suggest Flutie would have made a difference in this game.

The kickoff coverage squad lost that game...PERIOD. Stop with the revisionist history, and whining.

Flutie didn't lose the playoff game vs the Dolphins, you can blame Eric Moulds on his fumble, or the one I remember the most was when Andre Reed thought he had a touchdown and the ref called him down at the goal line, so Reed throws the ball which hit the ref in the back, causing Reed to get a game ejection and a 15 yard personal foul penalty. So instead of being 1st and goal at the goaline, it's 1st and goal at the 15 yard line.

Yes, the kickoff coverage lost that game, but throwing in a new QB at the end of the season caused a lot of problems with the O-Line and it cost us a safety in the 1st half of the game vs the Titans.

Sorry, I pissed in your corn flakes. I know you loved Rob Johnson.

My recollection is that the Bills lost to the Dolphins, not Flutie. The Bills also lost to the Titans, not Rob Johnson. In terms of QB performances, Flutie lit up the Dolphins' heralded third-ranked defense (1st in points allowed, 1st in INTs, 6th in passing yards allowed) like a Christmas tree; Johnson was ineffective against the 17th ranked defense (25th in passing yards allowed; 17th in INTs).

My recollection is that the Bills lost to the Dolphins, not Flutie. The Bills also lost to the Titans, not Rob Johnson. In terms of QB performances, Flutie lit up the Dolphins' heralded third-ranked defense (1st in points allowed, 1st in INTs, 6th in passing yards allowed) like a Christmas tree; Johnson was ineffective against the 17th ranked defense (25th in passing yards allowed; 17th in INTs).

You are correct, teams win games, not QBs. But, in the two playoff games under discussion:

Nearing the end of the game, with the Bills in the red zone and needing a score, Flutie fumbled the ball away. The result of that fumble was, the Bills lost the game.

Nearing the end of the game, Johnson marched the team to score, to take the lead. When he walked off the field, the Bills win the game, if the kickoff coverage team does their job.

The belief that the Bills would have definitely won the game, had Flutie played, is a fantasy, with ZERO basis in reality. This has nothing to do with Flutie vs RJ, on the whole. Both QBs were very limited in what they could do. The facts are, at the end of these games, RJ had his game won, and Flutie fumbled his away.

Yes , stop now. I concur there never should be another Flutie/Johnson argument ever again... ( I was on Flutie side though and thought Rob Johnson was a poopy pants..)

Stop now. There shall never be another Flutie/Johnson argument ever again. None of this. (I was on the rob side though)

You are correct, teams win games, not QBs. But, in the two playoff games under discussion:

Nearing the end of the game, with the Bills in the red zone and needing a score, Flutie fumbled the ball away. The result of that fumble was, the Bills lost the game.

Nearing the end of the game, Johnson marched the team to score, to take the lead. When he walked off the field, the Bills win the game, if the kickoff coverage team does their job.

The belief that the Bills would have definitely won the game, had Flutie played, is a fantasy, with ZERO basis in reality. This has nothing to do with Flutie vs RJ, on the whole. Both QBs were very limited in what they could do. The facts are, at the end of these games, RJ had his game won, and Flutie fumbled his away.

Yeah, well Andre Reed made it a lot harder on Flutie with his dumb ass penalty. I'm sure Flutie could have gotten the score with the ball 1st goal on the one instead of 1st goal at the 15 yard line.

In the battle of Flutie Vs. Johnson, I leaned on the Johnson side. But in all fairness, Flutie produced the regular season wins to get us into the playoffs.

And during a stretch Flutie lead the team more importantly with securing the sky-box and stadium issues... So really he kept the team in BFLO... :thumbdown::lol: And yes, I sort of jest... He did bring "name recognition" for the Bills and BFLO which is very important in selling something...

Rob Johnson against the Titans:

Attempts: 22

Completions: 10

Yards: 131

TDs: 0

INTs: 0

Sacks taken: 6 (1 for a safety)

Fumbles lost: 2

Individual QB Rating: 64.8

Yards per pass attempt (including sacks): 3.4

Team QB rating (inclusive of sack yardage/attempts): 46.1

I always laugh at the 'Rob Johnson had the Bills in position to win the Titan's game' statements. The guy sucked as much in that game as in every other one he played in Buffalo. If the Bills got even the barest minimum of mediocrity out of the QB position that day, the game doesn't come down to a fluke kick return.

Stop now. There shall never be another Flutie/Johnson argument ever again. None of this. (I was on the rob side though)

I thought Leaf would be better than Manning.

I thought Johnson would be better than Flutie.

I thought Losman would be better than Bledsoe.

I thought Young would be better than Collins.

I should never offer an opinion on a QB controversy

I always laugh at the 'Rob Johnson had the Bills in position to win the Titan's game' statements. The guy sucked as much in that game as in every other one he played in Buffalo. If the Bills got even the barest minimum of mediocrity out of the QB position that day, the game doesn't come down to a fluke kick return.

As much as everyone hates to give him credit, he did outplay Steve McNair in that game.