How Would You Have Done As The Bills GM?

The board has been very critical of the bills recently. So I began to wonder if the bills would be better off if I made their first round pick the last three years. I listed who I wanted the bills to draft each year and would like to see others do the same.

2006: I was hoping V. Davis would fall, but would have taken Bunkley at 8. At this point Bunkley vs. Whitner is an interesting debate. Vernon would have been horrible.

2007: I was hoping for Willis, but would have taken Reevis. Once again, I am not sure the bills would be better off with Reevis over Lynch.

2008: I was hoping for Leodis, and the bills agreed.

I wanted Ngata from the start in '06 and it was pretty well known before the draft that the Bills were going to trade back into the first round with Chicago and that was right around where Mangold was slotted to go

how nice would Ngata and Mangold look anchoring the line on each side of the ball

I wanted Lynch in '07 because I thought the dropoff in talent at RB was much higher then it was for LB...I didnt think Poz was going to last that long or that the Bills were going to trade up so I wanted the LB from Michigan (Harris I think) but was more then happy with Poz

I couldnt figure out last years draft but I didnt want a CB. I was thinking WR but then all the talk about how the talent wasnt as good as everyone thought. I did like Otah a lot but for whatever reason this team just doesnt put a premium on O-lineman.

I didnt and still dont like Hardy, I think if they were going WR at that point Limas Sweed would have been the better pick

2006: I would have drafted Jay Cutler or Ernie Sims. But then again in 2006 everybody called me a JP hater and told me he just needed more time

2007: I was hoping for Patrick Willis or Lawrence Timmons, until the Bills traded McGahee. Then I would have gone Lynch

2008: Hoping for Mayo, Leodis, or DRC

this is really easy now---just go back, look at who developed into star players and say you would have picked them...

really this is kinda pointless cause now everyone is gonna say they would have drafted 7 or 8 all-pros every year

2006: I would have drafted Jay Cutler or Ernie Sims. But then again in 2006 everybody called me a JP hater and told me he just needed more time

i bet the majority of them didn't have the balls to admit that you were right about Losman either, did they?

This thread is kind of dumb, of course people will say they wanted players that are NFL stars.

This thread could turn into that. My point of making the thread however, was to prove that evaluating talent is difficult to do. For example, I wanted Vernon Davis on 2006. I also thought it would be better than the gossip that has occured recently.

2006 wanted Ngata would have taken Ngata

2007 had lust for Willis and Okoye would have taken Lynch

2008 wanted Derrick Harvey would have taken Branden Albert

2009 want BJ Raji will be satisfied with either a thumper on D like Maualuga, or a OT who can start a OG like Smith or Oher

The board has been very critical of the bills recently. So I began to wonder if the bills would be better off if I made their first round pick the last three years. I listed who I wanted the bills to draft each year and would like to see others do the same.

2006: I was hoping V. Davis would fall, but would have taken Bunkley at 8. At this point Bunkley vs. Whitner is an interesting debate. Vernon would have been horrible.

2007: I was hoping for Willis, but would have taken Reevis. Once again, I am not sure the bills would be better off with Reevis over Lynch.

2008: I was hoping for Leodis, and the bills agreed.

2006 - Would have taken Ngata

2007 - Would have traded (or tried to) trade up to take Peterson

2008 - Either McKelvin or Rogers Cromartie....too soon to know I guess...

Looking at the drafts now its easier to see who we passed up, but you have to think of need at the time.

Here's mine:

2006-Trade down. I like the Whitner pick now but I think we could have moved and still got him. If not there would bet lots of positions we needed to address.

2007-Wanted Willis in the worst way. Lynch was the right pick in a weak RB draft. Looking back though, Brady Quinn might have been the best value.

2008-McKelvin