Are you telling me that the Patriots have now signed Galloway??!

My point about Harper while he was in Dallas is that he was the one who stretched defenses and allowed Irvin to be the Playmaker that he was. I think he was involved in a couple of Super Bowl victories while he was there too against, hmm, who was it? Oh yeah, it was against us! That's all Galloway has to do and that is to allow Moss to go off.

Hmmmm....I'd say it was due to Irvin that Harper ended up looking good. But that's irrelevant.

Harper was aged 24-26 in the three years he was productive in Dallas. Galloway will turn 38!!!!.....and is recovering from hamstring injuries. It's certainly possible that he may be productive......but I wouldn't be expecting it myself.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....I'd say it was due to Irvin that Harper ended up looking good. But that's irrelevant.

Harper was aged 24-26 in the three years he was productive in Dallas. Galloway will turn 38!!!!.....and is recovering from hamstring injuries. It's certainly possible that he may be productive......but I wouldn't be expecting it myself.

Dibs, with all due respect, I think that New England has created a dynasty by picking up all these over the hill veterans for cheap money and maximizing their experience, leadership and common cause. When it was thought that Galloway was going to come here the consensus was pretty positive. What has changed that general opinion?

Dibs, with all due respect, I think that New England has created a dynasty by picking up all these over the hill veterans for cheap money and maximizing their experience, leadership and common cause. When it was thought that Galloway was going to come here the consensus was pretty positive. What has changed that general opinion?

Yeah......but not as old as Galloway......and Galloway is a speed guy(which is hard to maintain through age).

Seau was 35......and only started 2 games for them last year (37 years)

Harrison was 30

Moss was 30

Who else was there?.....

Vrabel & Colvin were young.

Sammy Morris 29

Antowain Smith 29

I'm sure there are others.....of which I'd be certain that they were nowhere near 38.

Bills with the ball = advantage to the opposition

This only holds true now if our coaching staff does not utilize the weapons on offense properly...if we can get a versatile TE, we have a chance of being a top 5 offense in the NFL...

TO+Evans>Moss+Galloway

Honestly, the Pats* dynasty has very little to do with these over the hill free agents you speak of. Randy Moss and Wes Welker were free agents and ultra effective but hardly over the hill. Who do you think was brought in over the hill and really contributed? The story with NE is always the same. They are stacked in the trenches and have a HOF QB who remains competitive despite his success. Then you sprinkle in solid free agents who are still youthfull, like Adalius Thomas, Welker, Moss, Stallworth, Dillon, Colvin, and possibly Peppers. Personally, I doubt Galloway is even their number three wideout this year.

This only holds true now if our coaching staff does not utilize the weapons on offense properly...if we can get a versatile TE, we have a chance of being a top 5 offense in the NFL...

TO+Evans>Moss+Galloway

A TE won't get us in the top 5 offenses, a new QB might!

Honestly, the Pats* dynasty has very little to do with these over the hill free agents you speak of. Randy Moss and Wes Welker were free agents and ultra effective but hardly over the hill. Who do you think was brought in over the hill and really contributed? The story with NE is always the same. They are stacked in the trenches and have a HOF QB who remains competitive despite his success. Then you sprinkle in solid free agents who are still youthfull, like Adalius Thomas, Welker, Moss, Stallworth, Dillon, Colvin, and possibly Peppers. Personally, I doubt Galloway is even their number three wideout this year.

*The Pats traded for Moss and Welker, they actually gave up more for Welker!

Yeah......but not as old as Galloway......and Galloway is a speed guy(which is hard to maintain through age).

Seau was 35......and only started 2 games for them last year (37 years)

Harrison was 30

Moss was 30

Who else was there?.....

Vrabel & Colvin were young.

Sammy Morris 29

Antowain Smith 29

I'm sure there are others.....of which I'd be certain that they were nowhere near 38.

No point presenting facts to Tip, I really don't think he even watches football. Galloway got hurt three separate times last year and can barely run anymore (see I actually watched Buc games last year Tip, how many did you catch?) Pay no mind to present day reality, however. Joey was a big name wideout at one point in his career, so the know-nothings who watch ESPN all day want us to snatch him up.

TO+Evans>Moss+Galloway

Here's a hypothetical bet that I would make with you. Let Jauron pick 11 offensive starters from around the league and I would bet heavily that he couldn't manage to finish the year with a top 5 offense.

Here's a hypothetical bet that I would make with you. Let Jauron pick 11 offensive starters from around the league and I would bet heavily that he couldn't manage to finish the year with a top 5 offense.

You make this stupid hypothetical bet every week. We get it you hate Jauron! :rolleyes: How about I bet you that you can't avoid posting negative garbage for 3 hours?

You make this stupid hypothetical bet every week. We get it you hate Jauron! :rolleyes: How about I bet you that you can't avoid posting negative garbage for 3 hours?

What?

The previous poster made the comment that the Bills could be a top 5 offense with a TE. That's outrageous. While you might not like what I wrote, it's a plausible statement and I'm not here to please you.

When the Bills do something positive, something that shows a real commitment to compete, I'll support it. Blind loyalty is not a requirement for participation on this board.

And by the way, I don't hate Jauron. I think he's a terrific person, just not a winner as an NFL head coach.

What?

The previous poster made the comment that the Bills could be a top 5 offense with a TE. That's outrageous. While you might not like what I wrote, it's a plausible statement and I'm not here to please you.

When the Bills do something positive, something that shows a real commitment to compete, I'll support it. Blind loyalty is not a requirement for participation on this board.

You are part of a small group that logs in daily and offers nothing but constant negativity. I'm not trying to be an **** but it gets old. I swear some posters log in every day and never have a positive thing to say about anyone or anything.

No point presenting facts to Tip, I really don't think he even watches football. Galloway got hurt three separate times last year and can barely run anymore (see I actually watched Buc games last year Tip, how many did you catch?) Pay no mind to present day reality, however. Joey was a big name wideout at one point in his career, so the know-nothings who watch ESPN all day want us to snatch him up.

Ouch! That actually bruised my feelings a bit. Is that how I"m really perceived? I thought that I have brought some interesting insights, thoughts and angles from time to time. I guess I better reassess, huh?

I'll tell you what's ironic. What's ironic is you telling me how much you watched Bucs' games and what you know about them when all the while I live right smack dab in between Tampa and Miami and that's all I see, hear and read about is these two teams.

I wonder if you were one of the ones who bashed me last year in the preseason when I said that Miami is a team that is going to be better than what people think. I stated that we shouldn't overlook them and that they could present a big problem for our success. Gee, they only swept us but let's not let that get in the way of an analysis.

Tell me, why did New England bring in Galloway? I'm really curious to hear what your insight and take is on this one.

Ouch! That actually bruised my feelings a bit. Is that how I"m really perceived? I thought that I have brought some interesting insights, thoughts and angles from time to time. I guess I better reassess, huh?

I'll tell you what's ironic. What's ironic is you telling me how much you watched Bucs' games and what you know about them when all the while I live right smack dab in between Tampa and Miami and that's all I see, hear and read about is these two teams.

I wonder if you were one of the ones who bashed me last year in the preseason when I said that Miami is a team that is going to be better than what people think. I stated that we shouldn't overlook them and that they could present a big problem for our success. Gee, they only swept us but let's not let that get in the way of an analysis.

Tell me, why did New England bring in Galloway? I'm really curious to hear what your insight and take is on this one.

I will chime in. Galloway is a high risk signing, probably with few guarantees in his contract. So, if he shows up in camp and his hamstring will still not cooperate, he may not even be there opening day. If, he stays healthy and if, he is a workout warrior that allows him to play at a high level at age 38 (name more than 2 receivers that have done that), he may make a contribution. New England can take chances like that because of their core talent. They can take flyers, but this is nothing more than that. Remember Jerry Rice in Denver

I will chime in. Galloway is a high risk signing, probably with few guarantees in his contract. So, if he shows up in camp and his hamstring will still not cooperate, he may not even be there opening day. If, he stays healthy and if, he is a workout warrior that allows him to play at a high level at age 38 (name more than 2 receivers that have done that), he may make a contribution. New England can take chances like that because of their core talent. They can take flyers, but this is nothing more than that. Remember Jerry Rice in Denver

I think you meant, this is NOT a high risk signing.

If so, I think you nailed it.

Same story every year over the past 15 years. The Bills FO should sit back and see how an effective FO works and watch the Patriots. They don't break the bank every year on FA's, but they do get the ones that fit their needs. As much as I don't like the Patriots, that franchise is a well oiled machine and is what every franchise models to be (ok, maybe not every franchise-some like Buffalo just spin their wheels in the mud). Not only do they get the mid level FA's they need, they actually act like they have a clue on draft day. Maybe we can give them Peters and our FO for their FO? OK, I am waking up, that dream is over.