Are you telling me that the Patriots have now signed Galloway??!

The Patriots are quietly whipping together another veteran team and are looking to stay on top of the AFC East division. Signing TO isn't going to be enough if we are going to contend at all for the division title. C'mon Russ, start getting busy!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will when he only draws single coverage and burns you deep.

Since Galloway can do nothing else, other than go deep, I would hope when he is in the game, the CB gets deep help. He doesn't have the speed he once had, and has never been a route runner, nor a guy that does any dirty work. He goes long...period. I'd hope even the Bills can deal with that.

Since Galloway can do nothing else, other than go deep, I would hope when he is in the game, the CB gets deep help. He doesn't have the speed he once had, and has never been a route runner, nor a guy that does any dirty work. He goes long...period. I'd hope even the Bills can deal with that.

Remember Alvin Harper? I rest my case.

I think you've hit the nail on the head (in support of the Patriots decision). Seems to me that if they have Moss, Galloway and Welker on the field, they create tough matchups for the opposition. Moss will command double coverage often, you're suggesting that Galloway would do the same sent deep and Welker just gets open, catches everything and also makes life miserable for the defense. The Pats use the entire field in operating their offense. With those 3 receivers on the field, the defense has to counter with 5-6 DBs. Makes it easier to run, throw to the tight end or a back- plus the Bills DBs play soft most of the time. Brilliant move by the Pats. Once again, they get personnel and devise a plan that puts pressure on the opposition. Compare that to Dick "it's tough to win in the NFL" Jauron who deploys game plans that feature safety, risk aversion and predictability.

Pats with the ball = advantage to them

Bills with the ball = advantage to the opposition

Remember Alvin Harper? I rest my case.

A terrible place to rest your case. Harper was in the NFL for EIGHT years. His last year in the league was 1999...and he's only three years older than Galloway.

Next!

I think you've hit the nail on the head (in support of the Patriots decision). Seems to me that if they have Moss, Galloway and Welker on the field, they create tough matchups for the opposition. Moss will command double coverage often, you're suggesting that Galloway would do the same sent deep and Welker just gets open, catches everything and also makes life miserable for the defense. The Pats use the entire field in operating their offense. With those 3 receivers on the field, the defense has to counter with 5-6 DBs. Makes it easier to run, throw to the tight end or a back- plus the Bills DBs play soft most of the time. Brilliant move by the Pats. Once again, they get personnel and devise a plan that puts pressure on the opposition. Compare that to Dick "it's tough to win in the NFL" Jauron who deploys game plans that feature safety, risk aversion and predictability.

Pats with the ball = advantage to them

Bills with the ball = advantage to the opposition

Did you watch Galloway play, last year? I'd check out his stats, and ask Buc fans how much he has left in the tank.

Did you watch Galloway play, last year? I'd check out his stats, and ask Buc fans how much he has left in the tank.

Maybe so, but I'd wager heavily that the Pats can make him more productive than the Bucs. If he also makes the defense repect his speed, he's won half the battle.

Maybe so, but I'd wager heavily that the Pats can make him more productive than the Bucs. If he also makes the defense repect his speed, he's won half the battle.

Sure, I'll give you that.

But, of all the WR the Pats* could have added (Owens, Coles, for example...or a good WR from the draft), I'll take old man Galloway and be thankful.

Let me ask you this, if the Bills had signed old Joey, would you be happy?

A terrible place to rest your case. Harper was in the NFL for EIGHT years. His last year in the league was 1999...and he's only three years older than Galloway.

Next!

Actually Harper was only really a starter for 6 seasons.....but

His 4 with the Cowboys were progressively productive.....ending with a 33-821-8 season.

Then over to the Bucs he didn't fair so well(surprisingly enough).....with a 46-633-2 season followed by a 19-289-1 season.

After that he only caught 2 balls.

Harper really isn't a good comparison.

IMO, Galloway is most likely going to be useless. He is turning 38 this year. Last season in 9 games(4 starts) he managed 13-138-0......injured on & off all season. I really can't see him contributing much to the Pats offense.

Sure, I'll give you that.

But, of all the WR the Pats* could have added (Owens, Coles, for example...or a good WR from the draft), I'll take old man Galloway and be thankful.

Let me ask you this, if the Bills had signed old Joey, would you be happy?

I'm not happy with the Bills signing any player that doesn't have a meaningful role with the team well beyond the Jauron era. The Bills are simply going through the motions this year doing just enough to maintain their 7-9 niche.

I think that you left your head in the toaster too long. Are you saying that Galloway isn't going to be effective as a speed receiver? He had hamstring issues the last couple of years but the guy can still fly when healthy. Keep in mind too that he'll have Brady throwing to him, not a carousel of has beens or no namers. Even if his stats suffer his presence will be effective. Moss and Welker will have a field day against opposing defenses. Here's a question for you. Who would you rather have in that offense, Bug-eye Jabar Gaffney or Joey Galloway? Be careful and think before you answer because I know who Belichick prefers and I think he knows a little more about football than you or me.

Actually Harper was only really a starter for 6 seasons.....but

His 4 with the Cowboys were progressively productive.....ending with a 33-821-8 season.

Then over to the Bucs he didn't fair so well(surprisingly enough).....with a 46-633-2 season followed by a 19-289-1 season.

After that he only caught 2 balls.

Harper really isn't a good comparison.

IMO, Galloway is most likely going to be useless. He is turning 38 this year. Last season in 9 games(4 starts) he managed 13-138-0......injured on & off all season. I really can't see him contributing much to the Pats offense.

My point about Harper while he was in Dallas is that he was the one who stretched defenses and allowed Irvin to be the Playmaker that he was. I think he was involved in a couple of Super Bowl victories while he was there too against, hmm, who was it? Oh yeah, it was against us! That's all Galloway has to do and that is to allow Moss to go off.

I think that you left your head in the toaster too long. Are you saying that Galloway isn't going to be effective as a speed receiver? He had hamstring issues the last couple of years but the guy can still fly when healthy. Keep in mind too that he'll have Brady throwing to him, not a carousel of has beens or no namers. Even if his stats suffer his presence will be effective. Moss and Welker will have a field day against opposing defenses. Here's a question for you. Who would you rather have in that offense, Bug-eye Jabar Gaffney or Joey Galloway? Be careful and think before you answer because I know who Belichick prefers and I think he knows a little more about football than you or me.

I think we all know a little more football than you. This signing as already pointed out was almost a week ago. The bug eyes you are referring to was Reche Caldwell, not Gafney. You just see a big name past thier prime and get all excited and post something. When is your, "where is Derrick Brooks" post coming, or didnt you know the Bucs cut him yet? Sorry if I ruined it for you.

I think we all know a little more football than you. This signing as already pointed out was almost a week ago. The bug eyes you are referring to was Reche Caldwell, not Gafney. You just see a big name past thier prime and get all excited and post something. When is your, "where is Derrick Brooks" post coming, or didnt you know the Bucs cut him yet? Sorry if I ruined it for you.

Oops, my bad, you're right about Caldwell with the bug-eyes but it was Gaffney who was let go. I didn't see it posted and I was stewing about this signing and the other ones by New England but you think that I don't know much about football because of my late posting? Hmm, interesting.