Conner Barwin

I saw this on KFFL. De or Te .The dude is ripped . Led team in sacks senior yr after playing TE his junior yr. I remember watching him at the combine and he had real good #`s . He had some size too. I think he had the highest Verticle jump and maybe the fastest time for a DE. Played For Cincy Bearcats I think.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on KFFL. De or Te .The dude is ripped . Led team in sacks senior yr after playing TE his junior yr. I remember watching him at the combine and he had real good #`s . He had some size too. I think he had the highest Verticle jump and maybe the fastest time for a DE. Played For Cincy Bearcats I think.

Yes - Cincinnati. Watched him play for 2 years.

I'll add - he doesn't hesitate in delivering a hard whack even if a penalty ensues.

His combine performance seems to have vaulted him up in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/connor...le-tab-analysis

The most apparent athletically gifted DE in this year's combine. Good production in his limited experience playing the position. Sounds like a player with a lot of upside, I'm just not to sure what sort of immediate impact he can bring to the team considering that he is raw. Sounds like we are considering him for the 2nd round choice. I hope we bring in Sidbury as well.

The most apparent athletically gifted DE in this year's combine. Good production in his limited experience playing the position. Sounds like a player with a lot of upside, I'm just not to sure what sort of immediate impact he can bring to the team considering that he is raw. Sounds like we are considering him for the 2nd round choice. I hope we bring in Sidbury as well.

He might not be on the board when BUF's 2nd round rolls around.

Oh god, no.

Unless you love Schobel and Kelsay, say no to this guy. Because he is the same type of player.

I hope its not the Whitey thing. I think he`s alot stronger and faster and LIKES TO HIT. 2nd round yes. 1st iffy. It was mentioned that he was a Belicheat type player.

Oh god, no.

Unless you love Schobel and Kelsay, say no to this guy. Because he is the same type of player.

please

spare yourself from looking more ignorant then you all ready sound.

Just because a player is white, like Schobel and Kelsay, doesn't mean they will be the same mold of player.

Oh, and btw, last I remembered, Schobel has had about as many sacks as just about anyone in the last 8 years, and that is considering he didn't play that much last year.

If he turned out to be another Schobel, then he'd be well worthy of our 1st round pick.

Oh god, no.

I had the same thought while watching his YouTube stuff...still it was pretty impressive. He'll also remind you of Kyle Vandenbosch, Aaron Kampman, and Patrick Kerney. I think though that he is more athletic than all of the above...but similar. Definitely not at #11 but maybe if we trade down and he's the 2nd pass rusher we take.

And yes it's a bit of racial stereotyping but he looks like a great athlete.

I had the same thought while watching his YouTube stuff...still it was pretty impressive. He'll also remind you of Kyle Vandenbosch, Aaron Kampman, and Patrick Kerney. I think though that he is more athletic than all of the above...but similar. Definitely not at #11 but maybe if we trade down and he's the 2nd pass rusher we take.

And yes it's a bit of racial stereotyping but he looks like a great athlete.

I totally agree :blink:

Not that it really says much because apparently all 32 teams were at Cincinnati today, according to my friend who works for the UC athletic department. That being said Barwin ran a 4.48 40, he is a little undersized but a heck of a speed rusher. I tried to get my friend to ask our scout if we could go DE in the second round, where Barwin is projected, and possibly trade Peters and go OT with the 11th pick, unfortunately he didnt get a chance to ask him though.

Not that it really says much because apparently all 32 teams were at Cincinnati today, according to my friend who works for the UC athletic department. That being said Barwin ran a 4.48 40, he is a little undersized but a heck of a speed rusher. I tried to get my friend to ask our scout if we could go DE in the second round, where Barwin is projected, and possibly trade Peters and go OT with the 11th pick, unfortunately he didnt get a chance to ask him though.

I'm intrigued by Barwin, but I wouldn't read too much into the 40 time for a DE. Why should we care how quickly our defensive ends can line up and sprint 40 yards down the field? Cone drills, 10 yard dashes, etc. are more relevant in my opinion, whatever shows you what kind of burst he has.

please

spare yourself from looking more ignorant then you all ready sound.

Just because a player is white, like Schobel and Kelsay, doesn't mean they will be the same mold of player.

Oh, and btw, last I remembered, Schobel has had about as many sacks as just about anyone in the last 8 years, and that is considering he didn't play that much last year.

If he turned out to be another Schobel, then he'd be well worthy of our 1st round pick.

I watched probably more of him than most as a Big East fan. He was good in one the worst college conferences. He will not be a good pro. And you and everyone on here knows that Schobel is good for stats but not making a big play. No consistency.

Let's revisit this at the end of the NFL season and see whose right.