Why doesn't the President STFU and get to work...

Well for the President who does nothing... I for one have got to love a President that does a Town Hall meeting AFTER he is elected. Go out, be with the people. That is the way it should be done.

I sort-of agree. "Town Hall" meetings, I think, are overrated - the idea that any politician in that format is "mingling" with the public is illusory.

But on the other hand...Obama attended the Wizards-Bulls game here a couple weeks back. Sat in the crowd (not the cheap seats, of course, but still...not a box). People were walking up to him and shaking his hand and saying hi, from what I heard. The Secret Service must have been going completely apeshit over all of that - not in a controlled, islolated area, sitting in the crowd, people walking up to the President - but I thought it was a pretty cool "Hey, I'm an average Joe" gesture. At least it looked far more honest than "Look at me, I'm doing yard work like a normal guy...who happens to own a 1500-acre Texas ranch."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort-of agree. "Town Hall" meetings, I think, are overrated - the idea that any politician in that format is "mingling" with the public is illusory.

But on the other hand...Obama attended the Wizards-Bulls game here a couple weeks back. Sat in the crowd (not the cheap seats, of course, but still...not a box). People were walking up to him and shaking his hand and saying hi, from what I heard. The Secret Service must have been going completely apeshit over all of that - not in a controlled, islolated area, sitting in the crowd, people walking up to the President - but I thought it was a pretty cool "Hey, I'm an average Joe" gesture. At least it looked far more honest than "Look at me, I'm doing yard work like a normal guy...who happens to own a 1500-acre Texas ranch."

True many Town Halls can be very planned or orchestrated. However, many Presidents do not do them after they get elected. There is something to be said about being their within the crowd like you stated at the Wizards game.

Since I live in DC as well. I too saw that game. Very cool to see him seeing down there with the people, kids walking up and saying hi, people sitting around him shaking his hand. Very nice.

You are a complete dumb ass for saying that. :thumbsup::beer::w00t::wallbash:

Well I guess I got you on that one. So quick to defend the first lady, but dumb asses like you could spew all the vial Bush hatred and name calling and that's OK. Sarah Palin is this, her family that, on and on and on.

Well that's OK because they are right wingers and we all know they are all nuts and the MSM will never call us out on it. Well, screw you. I think her views of America are of contempt and utter disregard for this counties values and principles. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I'm not the one who said she is not proud of this country, she did.

Well I guess I got you on that one. So quick to defend the first lady, but dumb asses like you could spew all the vial Bush hatred and name calling and that's OK. Sarah Palin is this, her family that, on and on and on.

Well that's OK because they are right wingers and we all know they are all nuts and the MSM will never call us out on it. Well, screw you. I think her views of America are of contempt and utter disregard for this counties values and principles. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I'm not the one who said she is not proud of this country, she did.

Let's get this straight. I did not like Bush as President and rightfully so. Face it, he was not a good President. Did I ever spew hatred, no. Sarah Palin - was she or is she qualified for the VP spot. In my opinion, no. She does not come across as a very bright person. Again, hatred towards her. No.

"Screw You"? You should learn to relax and not be so damn tense. You on the other hand are spewing hatred towards the First Lady. And that is just sad. I am sure many African-American people have felt that way before as well. Do you hate all of them too?

You know what would be great? Obama does his thing on Leno. Then takes the next chair over for the next guest who is....Don Rickles.....who walks up, sits down, takes one look at Obama, turns to Leno and goes "what is he here to clean up or something??!!??"

You know what would be great? Obama does his thing on Leno. Then takes the next chair over for the next guest who is....Don Rickles.....who walks up, sits down, takes one look at Obama, turns to Leno and goes "Who let HIM up Here??!!??"

Even more entertaining...Michael Richards. :blink:

Coach K responding to this thread: Why doesn't the President STFU and get to work...

"Somebody said that we're not in President obama's Final Four, and as much as I respect what he's doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said from the Blue Devils' first-round site in Greensboro, N.C.

<Coach K > :blink::unsure:

Coach K responding to this thread: Why doesn't the President STFU and get to work...

"Somebody said that we're not in President obama's Final Four, and as much as I respect what he's doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said from the Blue Devils' first-round site in Greensboro, N.C.

<Coach K > :blink::unsure:

He makes over a million dollars. He'd better watch it or the crack-head football !@#$ing monkeys will try to tax him at 90% for saying bad things about the messiah.

He makes over a million dollars. He'd better watch it or the crack-head football !@#$ing monkeys will try to tax him at 90% for saying bad things about the messiah.

When was his last championship......I'm just saying.......

Just to prove you right, vacation days for our most recent presidents in order of total days, descending:

George W Bush in 8 years (977 days)= 122 days per year

George H W Bush in 4 yrs (543 days)= 136 days per year

Ronald Reagan in 8 yrs (436 days)= 55 days per year

Bill Clinton in 8 years (152 days)= 19 days per year

Jimmy Carter in 4 yrs (79 days)= 20 days per year

Link?

I heard a rant yesterday about the possibility of Obama coloring his hair, and how that level of dishonesty is intolerable in the White House.

The rabid hatred of Obama is, amazingly, even more irrational than the rabid hatred of Bush.

Don't fool yourself, the Obama-hate hasn't even scratched the surface of Bush-hate in terms of quantity or quality...yet.

I find both distasteful, especially since we are in the middle of 2 wars, and its never Ok to give our enemies hope by appearing to be divided. After 9/11 we didn't need the Dem BS with Bush, and now we don't need the Repub. BS with Obama. Legitimate issues need to be debated. Getting on Bush for his accent, or Obama for his hair, is stupid.

However, I find it highly entertaining when any Democrat would dare complain about how low the bar has gotten in terms of cheap shots, or how hateful the attacks are on Obama, or any other whining they do. After the last 8 years? You have to be f'ing kidding me if you expect people not to treat Obama exactly the same way you treated Bush.

I also find it highly entertaining that these same idiots who believed that Obama would "speech" his way into getting tangible results are now most likely going to feel the sting on their asses in 2010 = The #s just turned Republican yesterday in terms of both houses of Congress. "Chickens coming home to roost", indeed.

I also find it highly entertaining that these same idiots who believed that Obama would "speech" his way into getting tangible results are now most likely going to feel the sting on their asses in 2010 = The #s just turned Republican yesterday in terms of both houses of Congress. "Chickens coming home to roost", indeed.

That's pretty funny, considering that Congress' approval ratings have been laughable for the past several years, regardless of the party in control.

That's pretty funny, considering that Congress' approval ratings have been laughable for the past several years, regardless of the party in control.

Nowhere near as funny as the fact that for all of this phony moral indignation, and phony arguments, and phony accusations, character assassination, and all the rest of the last 8 years of nonsense, one thing has remained true:

Democrats suck at being in charge of Congress. The serve a much better role as the minority. In fact, Democrats make much better Presidents than Congresspeople in general. If only we could get back to Republican Congress, Democrat President = both compete to see who can cut spending better.

For all of their bitching the last 8 years, they have failed at every single thing they've set out to do, except get elected, and the new #s say that are probably going to fail at that too in 2010. Still waiting for that energy policy that we "had to have" in 2006 because of gas prices. :blink:

Vials? Vials of poison?

She dissed counties? Which ones?

At least you got principles correct.