Why doesn't the President STFU and get to work...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/03/17/po...ry4872633.shtml

Americans view Republicans and Democrats in Congress differently, however. Half of all Americans have a favorable opinion of the Democrats in Congress, but only 29 percent have a favorable view of Republicans in Congress. Forty percent have a unfavorable view of the Democrats, and 61 percent have a negative opinion of the Republicans.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2009/...p-congress.html

The public seems to be warming up to the new Congress.

A new Gallup poll released this morning shows the job approval rating of Congress is now at 39% -- the highest since February 2005. Ratings just two months ago were at 19%, which was not too far from the historic low of 14% reached in July 2008.

Neither of these address my Rasmussen poll in that they don't address "how are you going to vote?"

And, I am highly suspect of anything from Dan Rather CBS or USA Today given their actions over the last 4 years. I'd rather get my data from RCP or Rasmussen. The particular poll I linked has a track record of being fairly accurate in predicting outcomes of elections, and it's done by a guy whose only agenda is getting the poll right.

Neither of these address my Rasmussen poll in that they don't address "how are you going to vote?"

And, I am highly suspect of anything from Dan Rather CBS or USA Today given their actions over the last 4 years. I'd rather get my data from RCP or Rasmussen. The particular poll I linked has a track record of being fairly accurate in predicting outcomes of elections, and it's done by a guy whose only agenda is getting the poll right.

You're hilarious! How can you play the "politicized poll" card while at the same time you're clinging to a poll done by Scott Rasmussen who worked as a campaign consultant for the RNC and the GWB presidential campaign? You can't have it both ways.

You're hilarious! How can you play the "politicized poll" card while at the same time you're clinging to a poll done by Scott Rasmussen who worked as a campaign consultant for the RNC and the GWB presidential campaign?

Because 100% of his business model is to accurately predict things happening based on his polls? Contrast that with CBS business model and they aren't even close = CBS wants to cozy up to Obama, because he sells tickets = commercials.

I knew you were going to say this. I should have disclaimed it last post. Oh well. And, I am not clinging to anything. Like I said, this particular poll gets run the same way every time, and it accurately predicted results of Congressional elections supposedly since he's been doing it.

And, you still haven't addressed my point: this poll is not about how people feel=the polls you linked, it's about what they are going to do about how they feel.

My response is: God damn you *people hate this guy a lot for no reason.

*and by "people" I mean dickheads

I don't hate him, but dislike his brand of politics and ideas, and for good reason. Understand the difference pinhead. Nice job inserting a Jeremiah Wright reference into the equation.

Why are you such an apologist? Are you on the payroll or just the mailing list?

Just to prove you right, vacation days for our most recent presidents in order of total days, descending:

George W Bush in 8 years (977 days)= 122 days per year

George H W Bush in 4 yrs (543 days)= 136 days per year

Ronald Reagan in 8 yrs (436 days)= 55 days per year

Bill Clinton in 8 years (152 days)= 19 days per year

Jimmy Carter in 4 yrs (79 days)= 20 days per year

Ouch

I don't hate him, but dislike his brand of politics and ideas, and for good reason. Understand the difference pinhead. Nice job inserting a Jeremiah Wright reference into the equation.

Why are you such an apologist? Are you on the payroll or just the mailing list?

Same here. It was the LIBERALS who preach hate. I dont HATE Obama the man. The left HATED Bush not just for his policies, but for who he was/is. Even the evil "Rush Limbaugh" said he doesnt HATE Obama, he just wants his polices to turn America into France West to fail miserably. But thats the core issue with liberals. So much of what they think is not tied up in rational thought, but in "feelings" they cant tell the difference between actual disdain for a person and just for his opinions on something.

Seriously, this guys ego is out of control. For you Obama supporters, help me understand why he feels the need to go on Leno. Someone needs to tell him the campaign is over at to get the !@#$ to work.

Nevermind, I know your response: Bbbut Bush cut wood at his ranch in Texas!

Who's ego was out of control? The guy in power got 60 is days of the one we had for 8 years?

He's trying to relate to the American people. NOT dictate his self proclaimed "mandate" like Bush did in 2004.

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2004/11/05/mn_bush01.jpg

Bush staked his claim to a broad mandate and announced his top priorities at a post-election news conference, saying his 3.5 million vote victory had won him political capital that he would spend enacting his conservative agenda.

How'd that work out again?

Who's ego was out of control? The guy in power got 60 is days of the one we had for 8 years?

He's trying to relate to the American people. NOT dictate his self proclaimed "mandate" like Bush did in 2004.

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2004/11/05/mn_bush01.jpg

Bush staked his claim to a broad mandate and announced his top priorities at a post-election news conference, saying his 3.5 million vote victory had won him political capital that he would spend enacting his conservative agenda.

How'd that work out again?

Not so well, given the utter !@#$kmess people like you elected to office because you wanted "change."