If Canada's health system is superior

GG

I heard that Mont Tremblant facilities couldn't have diagnosed her

When Natasha Richardson collapsed, the ski resort called an ambulance that took her to the local hospital. That local hospital knew after examining her that she needed care that they didn't have. That's not unusual for small hospitals.

The problem is there isn't a medical helicopter system anywhere in the entire province of Quebec, so Richardson had to be driven by ambulance to Montreal, a 2 1/2 hour drive. Now people are asking if a medical helicopter system could have saved her.

I find that strange. I know of numerous celebrities including Schumacher that have houses in the mountains over there so I assumed that they would be prepared for this kind of stuff.

I could be wrong though as I've never had to use it when I was there.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that strange. I know of numerous celebrities including Schumacher that have houses in the mountains over there so I assumed that they would be prepared for this kind of stuff.

I could be wrong though as I've never had to use it when I was there.

Head "Trauma" with CT scans Imaging equipment .... Versus an X ray machine... big difference. It's what I heard...

Richardson was initially taken to a hospital near the luxury resort...

Home > Canada > Quebec > Mont Tremblant

Hospitals

We currently do not have any hospitals listed in Mont Tremblant, QC. Please view these nearby results.

Moral of this story is don't ski if you can't take a header... a la Sonny Bono and this list goes on. Rural Hospitals in the US are not much better... my brother still lives with a mis-diagnosed collar bone break by a rural hospital emergency room... Hey welcome to the way the lower half deals with our medical system.!

Moral of this story is don't ski if you can't take a header... a la Sonny Bono and this list goes on. Rural Hospitals in the US are not much better... my brother still lives with a mis-diagnosed collar bone break by a rural hospital emergency room... Hey welcome to the way the lower half deals with our medical system.!

At least there won't be any need to get acclimated to things when the gov't is blowing billions a year running some bureaucratic disaster under the guise of 'universal' health care, since that's how it will be for everyone.

Oh...except for the people who purchase private supplemental medical coverage to get decent care.

Ya... Also don't play football on skis (IE: Numbnutz Kennedy).

:D

Head "Trauma" with CT scans Imaging equipment .... Versus an X ray machine... big difference. It's what I heard...

Richardson was initially taken to a hospital near the luxury resort...

Home > Canada > Quebec > Mont Tremblant

Hospitals

We currently do not have any hospitals listed in Mont Tremblant, QC. Please view these nearby results.

Actually, from what I have read, she was taken to a local CLINIC, not a hospital.

Medical care is like anything else in the world - about 10% of the people are competent. It's a total crapshoot.

Anyone who skis and doesn't wear a helmet is playing the lottery and the older you are the worse your odds get.

My dad is 80 years old and skis every day during except the weekends and wouldn't think of wearing a helmet. I think it's probably safe to say if he fell and cracked his head and died on the slope to him that would be winning the lottery.

My dad is 80 years old and skis every day during except the weekends and wouldn't think of wearing a helmet. I think it's probably safe to say if he fell and cracked his head and died on the slope to him that would be winning the lottery.

No doubt.

On the downside, of course, is he could be alive with severe brain trauma (forgive the thought).

But, if I had skied all my life w/o a helmet, I most likely wouldn't wear one, either (I don't ski).

Actually, from what I have read, she was taken to a local CLINIC, not a hospital.

That's sounds about right. The clinic didn't have the equipment to perform tests to detect the damage.

Helmet? :huh: I didn't wear no stinking helmet..

I went skiing at Bristol many years ago.. Fell on an ice patch, :unsure: woke up later (who knows how long) on a sled being guided by guys in red coats.. puked and was put in an ambulance no questions asked.

Spent the night in the hospial in the sticks somewhere. Big old knot on my head and a headache for a day or so.

That's sounds about right. The clinic didn't have the equipment to perform tests to detect the damage.

Helmet? :lol: I didn't wear no stinking helmet..

I went skiing at Bristol many years ago.. Fell on an ice patch, :angry: woke up later (who knows how long) on a sled being guided by guys in red coats.. puked and was put in an ambulance no questions asked.

Spent the night in the hospial in the sticks somewhere. Big old knot on my head and a headache for a day or so.

See that was your problem, trying to carve on the "ice patch." Whenever someone blames the infamous "ice patch" :( I say 2 things:

1. Don't turn on the "ice patch." :(

2. Ice skaters do it (carve/turn) all the time.

:lol:

See that was your problem, trying to carve on the "ice patch." Whenever someone blames the infamous "ice patch" ;) I say 2 things:

1. Don't turn on the "ice patch." :(

2. Ice skaters do it (carve/turn) all the time.

:w00t:

First let me say I have ZERO recollection of what happened. Second Injuries and Deaths at Bristol are not funny.

All I remember taking an adjacent path to the ski lift through a patch of trees, then waking up on the trip down the hill.

The person I was with said there was ice near by. I faired far better than my friend that died there going down one of the main slopes.

Skiing, one way to get rid of the rich upper crusters! Kinda like lawyers in a bus... There has to be a Edgar Allen Poe joke in there somewhere.... Hollywood Actors and skiing???... a la George of the Jungle... on skis... watch out for that tree?

In hockey it is always the blue line that gets you... I guess in skiing it is the tow rope?