IF we have traded for Sheffler

hey buddy, if we do trade for scheffler-we will resign him immedialtely, thats why Bus Cook-his agent, was in Buffalo. We would not trade for him in the final year of his contract unless he re-signs!!! But I do think peters may get traded if the price is right!!

that's what I meant. We would definitely have to re-sign him. I'm not sure what it would take, but if it takes a decent amount I fear that we won't be able to give Peters what he wants, which most of you don't want to do anyway, but I certainly would like to pay the man

If Peters is traded, then someone is gonna have to get paid on the left side of the OL. I'd rather pay Peters premium money than a LG like Waters, plus Waters means a draft pick on top. You can't have a rookie next to an average player on the left side and expect our QB's to remain upright. Pay Peters, draft a pass rusher in round #1, get a starting LG in the 2nd round, and sign one of these free agent LB's.

If Peters is traded, then someone is gonna have to get paid on the left side of the OL. I'd rather pay Peters premium money than a LG like Waters, plus Waters means a draft pick on top. You can't have a rookie next to an average player on the left side and expect our QB's to remain upright. Pay Peters, draft a pass rusher in round #1, get a starting LG in the 2nd round, and sign one of these free agent LB's.

That is exactly what I want them to do, I just worry that they won't

I don't want this to happen, but even in a new mock it has us taking Michael Oher. A LT. This might be possible now. If we trade for Sheffler, then I think we might trade Peters. There are a bunch of good pass catching TE's in the draft, but if we trade for him then it won't be a need in the second round, meaning we could take a LT first and then a DE second. I hope this doesn't happen, but it's possible

Yeah ... makes perfect sense ... NOT!!

Oh well if the mock drafts say so ... it must be true.

Yeah ... makes perfect sense ... NOT!!

Oh well if the mock drafts say so ... it must be true.

I probably should have left out the mock draft part. I've seen mocks having us take a range of about 15 different players. Just shows that people are taking into account that Peters could be traded

Good post!

why would the Broncos trade anybody for Peters?...they have a high end LT and RT already on the team playing...theres no way Broncos trade for Peters.

I could see Buffalo giving up a pick for Sheffler...but thats only if Sheffler is any good and to be honest, I don't know much about Sheffler

it doesn't make any sense not to pay Peters the 10 mil a year...any rookies we bring in will be not to far from that number thanks to Jake long last year and the 2 - 3 LT that'll be paid being taken in the top 10 this year...Id rather pay Peters knowing what he can do when satisfied then pay a rookie close to it and not know what he can do...besides, like I stated before, when Peters contract is up in 2 years the price for LT's will probably be near 12- 14 mil per year with all the teams hiking the prices up...and its not like if Peters was from another team and we needed a probowl LT that Buffalo wouldn't pay him to sign..they did it with Dockerey...best thing for Buffalo to do is just pay him, get him in camp on time and move on filling the holes that need filling without creating new ones.

I don't want this to happen, but even in a new mock it has us taking Michael Oher. A LT. This might be possible now. If we trade for Sheffler, then I think we might trade Peters. There are a bunch of good pass catching TE's in the draft, but if we trade for him then it won't be a need in the second round, meaning we could take a LT first and then a DE second. I hope this doesn't happen, but it's possible

I don't want this to happen but I think that if we trade for Sheffler, they are definitely going to cancel "House" next season.

Not what I would want, but it's possible.

:lol:

why would the Broncos trade anybody for Peters?...they have a high end LT and RT already on the team playing...theres no way Broncos trade for Peters.

I could see Buffalo giving up a pick for Sheffler...but thats only if Sheffler is any good and to be honest, I don't know much about Sheffler

it doesn't make any sense not to pay Peters the 10 mil a year...any rookies we bring in will be not to far from that number thanks to Jake long last year and the 2 - 3 LT that'll be paid being taken in the top 10 this year...Id rather pay Peters knowing what he can do when satisfied then pay a rookie close to it and not know what he can do...besides, like I stated before, when Peters contract is up in 2 years the price for LT's will probably be near 12- 14 mil per year with all the teams hiking the prices up...and its not like if Peters was from another team and we needed a probowl LT that Buffalo wouldn't pay him to sign..they did it with Dockerey...best thing for Buffalo to do is just pay him, get him in camp on time and move on filling the holes that need filling without creating new ones.

It doesn't make sense but rumors always flourish in an environment of uncertainty. Until we know wtf they are doing with Peters, he is going to be the center piece of many a wild theory.

I don't think anybody is saying that we are in anyway trading Peters for Sheffler- what they are saying is if we get Sheffler we will have to pay him which makes it even less likely that we will pay big money to Peters- it would also take TE off the table as a need, allowing us to use our first Pick for someone other than Pettigrew, allowing us to Maybe get Oher- then using whatever picks we get for Peters on the Defensive side of the ball.