Lynch to meet Goodell tomorrow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11510823

Reasonable summation. No new news.

Buffalo Bills' running back Marshawn Lynch will meet Tuesday with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in New York to discuss Lynch's arrest last month -- the second time in nine months he has been involved with the law.

The expectation is that Lynch will be suspended, with persons close to the situation anticipating that Goodell probably punishes him for one but no more than two regular-season games.

Any decision, however, will not take place until after Goodell sits down to interview the running back and allows him to defend himself.

Lynch is expected to be accompanied by lawyers, as well as by members of the Buffalo Bills. It is not anticipated that the Bills will take action against the two-year veteran, no matter what Goodell's findings are in the wake of Tuesday's hearing.

Lynch earlier this month pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge stemming from a Feb. 11 arrest in Culver City, Calif. According to the police report, Lynch was one of three men seated in a parked Mercedes Benz when he was questioned.

At the time, he was charged with possession of a concealed firearm. But the felony gun charge later was reduced to three misdemeanors -- with two of them dropped. Lynch was sentenced to three years of probation and 80 hours of community service.

He also agreed to submit to police searches at any time.

"I have made mistakes in the past," Lynch said in a statement issued then. "Although I have learned many lessons over recent years, I obviously had not learned enough."

A source close to Lynch said the situation was "not as it was portrayed," and that Lynch will try to communicate that to Goodell. However, it is his second brush with the law in a year, and Goodell's history is that he is not lenient with repeat offenders.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no - we know who our home & away opponents are, but game dates/times haven't been announced yet. nfl schedule comes out a couple of weeks after the draft, i think.

It's been rumored that we play (surprise, surprise) the Pats* the opening week of the season. What a shock if that turns out to be true.....

What a shame this whole situation is, but that is today's thug/spoiled atheletes. He in my opinion is probably the funnest running back to watch that the Bills have ever had, at least in my memory which goes back to the early 1970's, with his running style and energy he brings (before every jumps on this statement, I said "funnest" not "best", he isn't O.J. or Thurman). There isn't a whole lot of these type of young players that stop at 2 incidents, when there is 2 there is most likely going to be more. As much as it would suck on the field, it might be time to get rid of him while we might still get something for him, after all, running back is probably the easiest skill position to fill on a team, either through the draft, trade or FA.

A source close to Lynch said the situation was "not as it was portrayed"...

Of course it was not as portrayed. It was all a horrible misunderstanding, just like the incident on Chippewa. :lol:

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. It was portrayed that there was an unlicensed gun in the trunk of the car that belonged to Marshawn, and that is by his own account. What variables could possibly exist other than he was covering for one of the other two that were in the car?

He already said he's really sorry - no foul, no suspension.

Now you are dreaming, he has a gun charge against him, not to mention a hit and run from last year. Those are actually more serious charges than Pacman has had. Saying sorry doesn't right a wrong, otherwise courtrooms would be full of people saying they were sorry.

A source close to Lynch said the situation was "not as it was portrayed"...

Of course it was not as portrayed. It was all a horrible misunderstanding, just like the incident on Chippewa. :lol:

There is no difference to you with a guy who has a handgun, say, tucked in the waistband of his jeans, and a guy with his gun locked in a box in the trunk?

There is no difference to you with a guy who has a handgun, say, tucked in the waistband of his jeans, and a guy with his gun locked in a box in the trunk?

I think since day 1 it was known that it was in the trunk, and nobody had the piece on them when the car was searched.

I think since day 1 it was known that it was in the trunk, and nobody had the piece on them when the car was searched.

I don't think so at all. I don't think the trunk thing was for days later. I didnt hear about it for several days, and I pay close attention, and I didnt even necessarily believe it because it was, as I recall, more of the unsourced "rumored to be in the trunk" kind of thing. I know myself that when I heard it was in the trunk and not on his person I felt a lot different about it.

Not that it wasn't stupid to be carrying a concealed weapon you shouldnt be. Bur I think the trunk makes it significantly different. And probably made the charges and plea significantly different.