Lynch to meet Goodell tomorrow

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so at all. I don't think the trunk thing was for days later. I didnt hear about it for several days, and I pay close attention, and I didnt even necessarily believe it because it was, as I recall, more of the unsourced "rumored to be in the trunk" kind of thing. I know myself that when I heard it was in the trunk and not on his person I felt a lot different about it.

Not that it wasn't stupid to be carrying a concealed weapon you shouldnt be. I think the trunk makes it significantly different. And probably made the charges and plea significantly different.

I agree that I felt better about it after I learned that. To me, it's two totally different situations. Carrying it on you shows that you're ready to use it if provoked. Locked in the trunk? It's still accessible, but not nearly as close. It would be alot easier to walk/drive away from something if the gun is in the trunk, IMO.

I think what the article is saying is that the situation is different than what everybody thinks now, and I don't see how that is possible. So far, we're lead to believe that the gun was unlicensed, in the trunk, and belonged to Marshawn. We know that because he's come out and said all of that. I think that the "source" is saying that it's different. I just can't see (short of Marshawn going in and saying that he was covering for someone else) how it could change in his favor.

Licensed gun by the way.....but he doesn't have a carry permit. There is a huge difference.

The fact that it was in the trunk helped him out too. Stupid thing to do, but it's not like he was walking around waving the thing in the air.

Like James Hardy :lol:

Licensed gun by the way.....but he doesn't have a carry permit. There is a huge difference.

The fact that it was in the trunk helped him out too. Stupid thing to do, but it's not like he was walking around waving the thing in the air.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. The two are vastly different.

I agree that I felt better about it after I learned that. To me, it's two totally different situations. Carrying it on you shows that you're ready to use it if provoked. Locked in the trunk? It's still accessible, but not nearly as close. It would be alot easier to walk/drive away from something if the gun is in the trunk, IMO.

I think what the article is saying is that the situation is different than what everybody thinks now, and I don't see how that is possible. So far, we're lead to believe that the gun was unlicensed, in the trunk, and belonged to Marshawn. We know that because he's come out and said all of that. I think that the "source" is saying that it's different. I just can't see (short of Marshawn going in and saying that he was covering for someone else) how it could change in his favor.

You may be right. My reading of that statement of it's "not as it has been portrayed" is simply that people reading the headlines probably think he had an unlicensed gun in his wasteband and smoking pot with a few thugs in South Central, as opposed to it being licensed and locked in a case in the trunk and a small amount of pot in blunts were found but he wasn't even accused of it.

I met with my boss and told him that I had struck a pedestrian and been caught with an unliscenced weapon and pot.

He said: "You're fired"

Why did you tell him?

One big difference between Lynch, and most of us, is when we commit a misdemeanor, out bosses aren't likely to find out about it.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/pdf/090226/lynch.pdf

COUNT 3

On or about February 11, 2009, in the County of Los Angeles, the crime of

CARRYING LOADED FIREARM, NOT REGISTERED, in violation of PENAL

CODE SECTION 12031(a)(1), a Misdemeanor, was committed by MARSHAWN

TERRELL LYNCH, who unlawfully carried a loaded firearm on the person and in a

vehicle and said firearm was not registered to the defendant.

You may be right. My reading of that statement of it's "not as it has been portrayed" is simply that people reading the headlines probably think he had an unlicensed gun in his wasteband and smoking pot with a few thugs in South Central, as opposed to it being licensed and locked in a case in the trunk and a small amount of pot in blunts were found but he wasn't even accused of it.

From a legal/suspension standpoint you are making great points. As a Bills fan who has witnessed last years Chippewa incident and the pieces involved with this story, I have to be a little skeptical of Marshawns ability to stay out of trouble.

Stop with facts. Facts suck on a message board. It's not like he was seen in the airport with Cook and Coach Seifert carrying the licensed/unregistered loaded weapon. Afterall, he is a Buffalo Bill and therefore can do no wrong, but those *pats, fish, bows, etc... are instantly guilty and should be banned of life if they drink a beer in their own living room.

I am not saying I know what happened but was this the charge that he was convicted on, or one of the others? It's very possible that it was registered, he just couldn't prove it, was given the charge which was later dismissed. Like you're driving without your license or registration and get a ticket but it's dropped later when you show you have one.

Especially because it wasnt his car or city he lives in.

Like I said, I don't know if that is the case, and havent seen whether or not it was registered, but that document is not really proof to me. Perhaps it is.

I am not saying I know what happened but was this the charge that he was convicted on, or one of the others? It's very possible that it was registered, he just couldn't prove it, was given the charge which was later dismissed. Like you're driving without your license or registration and get a ticket but it's dropped later when you show you have one.

Especially because it wasnt his car or city he lives in.

Like I said, I don't know if that is the case, and havent seen whether or not it was registered, but that document is not really proof to me. Perhaps it is.

He pleaded on the concealed weapon (Count 1).

http://da.co.la.ca.us/mr/030509b.htm

Under the terms of negotiated plea agreement, two misdemeanor counts were dismissed at sentencing.

Lynch, 22, of Oakland, was charged last month in connection with an incident on Feb. 11 when Culver City police recovered a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic firearm from the trunk of his 2006 Mercedes Benz. The weapon was found in a backpack that also contained other items belonging to Lynch, prosecutors said.