Lynch to meet Goodell tomorrow

Not really proof? Seriously? Come on man. Either you are a blind homer, or can't admit when you are wrong. Facts are facts. I like him a lot but he makes some really bad judgement calls. He needs to sit a game or two. Maybe that will help him learn his leason. And then next offseason he wont do anything silly. For some reason we believe we shouldn't be held accountable for our actions anymore. Just look out the great 'Bailout'. Sorry he did it and it was against the Law and he has to pay the price for it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope 2 or less, who knows what godell will say. 1 game isnt a big deal but he does have a reputation for being strict...

Yeah,he was real strict with Wilfork, and Brandon Marshall.

Anything more.than 1 game is a joke. And suspensions really don't teach players anything that a crminal charge won't.

Not really proof? Seriously? Come on man. Either you are a blind homer, or can't admit when you are wrong. Facts are facts. I like him a lot but he makes some really bad judgement calls. He needs to sit a game or two. Maybe that will help him learn his leason. And then next offseason he wont do anything silly. For some reason we believe we shouldn't be held accountable for our actions anymore. Just look out the great 'Bailout'. Sorry he did it and it was against the Law and he has to pay the price for it.

A police report isn't "fact", though.

He pleaded on the concealed weapon (Count 1).

http://da.co.la.ca.us/mr/030509b.htm

Interesting, I thought there was no way that it was his car, only because it's 500 miles away and two days earlier he was probably still in Hawaii. Now I believe that it probably was unlicensed, but not sure why they wouldnt convict him with that if it wasn't. That seems to be a bigger crime.

For the purposes of meeting with the NFL, the important thing is what he plead to....not what he was originally booked on. I have to say, I was more than a little surprised at the time his lawyer wasn't working the probably cause issue more.

Anyway, Goodell can probably take the other charges into account, but I don't think he can make the penalty more severe because of something that ended up dismissed.

All I meant was proof the gun was unregistered, for the reasons I stated. I think he was incredibly stupid and should probably sit for a game or two.

I have received tickets before for not showing insurance, and then when I showed that I did indeed have insurance, they threw it out. The same thing happens with permits.

Interesting, I thought there was no way that it was his car, only because it's 500 miles away and two days earlier he was probably still in Hawaii. Now I believe that it probably was unlicensed, but not sure why they wouldnt convict him with that if it wasn't. That seems to be a bigger crime.

Again, likely back to probably cause.

His attorney would have had to been insane to at least not make the arguement in LA County that this was a DWB related stop. Or, in this case, a Parking While Black offense.

I'm no expert on the California penal code, but I believe that all three charges carry the same penalty. For all we know, they could have picked one at random ...

I'm no expert on the California penal code, but I believe that all three charges carry the same penalty. For all we know, they could have picked one at random ...

I am not either, but it seems kind of dumb that carrying an unlicensed concealed weapon is the same as a licensed one.

I never said it was fact i said it was Proof. Splitting hairs. And that is exactly whats wrong. You can be 'sophisticated' all you want. Reality is he broke the Law, he addmitted to that (he plead guilty), and now he should be punished. End of story. If you think otherwise then you are doing so because he plays for your team. And that is bad. Laws are more important then a football game/team.

I never said it was fact i said it was Proof. Splitting hairs. And that is exactly whats wrong. You can be 'sophisticated' all you want. Reality is he broke the Law, he addmitted to that (he plead guilty), and now he should be punished. End of story. If you think otherwise then you are doing so because he plays for your team. And that is bad. Laws are more important then a football game/team.

Who are you talking to?

Sorry, but this is a simpleton's perspective. It's black and white.

I am married to an attorney, an asst DA in fact. She's been doing this about 12 years (7 in prosecution), and works in the Superior courts here (rape, murder, agg assault, major drug cases, etc). There is no black and white in the criminal courts....it's not like Dateline or 20/20. It's what can be proved. Obviously, since the DA agreed to a deal relatively quickly they may have seen some weakness in case (could be any number of things).

I am not either, but it seems kind of dumb that carrying an unlicensed concealed weapon is the same as a licensed one.

His felony charge was reduced to three misdemeanors. The three misdemeanors were reduced to one misdemeanor. That one misdemeanor was a concealed firearm, and he plead guilty to it. Lori was guessing that maybe the three misdemeanors were equivalent in penalty and they just picked one. The felony was more than likely the unlicensed weapon charge and was thrown out for any number of reasons, including the possibility you suggested.

Obviously, since the DA agreed to a deal relatively quickly they may have seen some weakness in case (could be any number of things).

Could it not be, that Lynch's case is but small peanuts in their overall case load?

Here in Hamilton County, OH, there are large numbers of arrests reduced to misdemeanors, if one is to believe the press (and I do.). Not necessarily for lack of proof, moreso because of a heavily backlogged court calendar as well as little jail space.

Hundreds and and hundreds of folks with long arrest and conviction records walking freely every day...