I`m thinking Scheffler

The reason is Bus Cook represents him also. I just watched Mike Lombardi on the NFL Network say that Bus Cook hasn`t got permission to start trade talks about Cutler from the Bronc`s. And I`m damn glad about that.

How does Lombardi know this? I got the impression because he hasnt heard that Cook has permission he is just assuming he doesnt have permission. Only Cook and the Broncos know whether Cook has permission. I am sure Den isnt going to announce that either...

Either way, Scheffler would be a great addition for this football team and would allow us to fill our biggest needs on both the OL and the DL in the draft this year. Wasting time trying to get Cutler, who is no better than Edwards (see numerous other threads and the actual statistics for the two players) is dumb and a waste when we have so many needs and Edwards has a ton of potential. Our TEs, however, need help, and Scheffler would be a huge boon for the offense. The likes of having to stop Owens, Evans, Scheffler and Reed in the slot where he is most effective is going to be a real nightmare if this actually happens.

How does Lombardi know this? I got the impression because he hasnt heard that Cook has permission he is just assuming he doesnt have permission. Only Cook and the Broncos know whether Cook has permission. I am sure Den isnt going to announce that either...

But Cook would, it's in his clients interest.

:beer:

Either way, Scheffler would be a great addition for this football team and would allow us to fill our biggest needs on both the OL and the DL in the draft this year. Wasting time trying to get Cutler, who is no better than Edwards (see numerous other threads and the actual statistics for the two players) is dumb and a waste when we have so many needs and Edwards has a ton of potential. Our TEs, however, need help, and Scheffler would be a huge boon for the offense. The likes of having to stop Owens, Evans, Scheffler and Reed in the slot where he is most effective is going to be a real nightmare if this actually happens.

Oh yeah thats what I`m talken about. :worthy:

I don't care how we do it:

1. Fine turns into a good offensive threat TE

2. We draft a good TE

3. We trade for a good TE

We NEED a TE for TE. :beer: TO is not a TE. TO is not going to help TE bail out of a play and pick up +5 yards anyway. If we don't have a credible threat in short yardage passing, neither Evans or Owens will be getting open. Teams will just drop 6-7 guys in coverage and sit in their zones waiting the ball to come to them, no different than was done in 4 losing games last year.

Now it's possible that TO/Evans makes throwing to the RB a better option this year, but I still don't think that's enough. A good TE takes a safety away from the D, and that means no double covering Evans and/or TO. Or, it means putting a single CB on an island against one of them and a whole lot of space to work in, and I like those odds.

Teams will just drop 6-7 guys in coverage and sit in their zones waiting the ball to come to them, no different than was done in 4 losing games last year.

Now it's possible that TO/Evans makes throwing to the RB a better option this year, but I still don't think that's enough. A good TE takes a safety away from the D, and that means no double covering Evans and/or TO. Or, it means putting a single CB on an island against one of them and a whole lot of space to work in, and I like those odds.

And that's precisely what happened last year when Buffalo started going downhill. I remember being at the CLE MNF game and watching Edwards throw coverage with 6-7 guys on almost every down. And that wasn't the first time Buffalo saw the saturated coverage. I still don't have a lot of faith in Schonert to get ahead of defenses and make them react to his game calls.

I'd be all for Scheffler, but wouldn't give up a fourth, maybe a third. McDaniels is blowing that team up into NE West and his offenses rely on more of a blocker at TE. Scheffler is more than adequate there, but he's a receiver, and Denver has Daniel Graham already. I think if Denver can get a third for Scheffler, they'd be happy.

Evans and TO will give him options, but without someone who has speed to stretch the seem, it'll be a little bit harder to attack these defenses. And Buffalo will see some good ones this year.

I agree that its most of likely about Scheffler. The Front office is in the mood to adress the TE problem with Pettigrew supposedly visiting today and now Bus Cook. They are probably deciding which one of the two they want as our starting TE next year.

Lombardi was in Denver's front office a year ago and still has close ties to the organization.

Is Scheffler real good?? I really don't know a whole lot about him.

He's good, real good but he hasn't stayed healthy. He's definitely the pass catching TE we need but only if he can stay on the field for the whole season.

2. We draft a good TE

We NEED a TE for TE. :beer: TO is not a TE. TO is not going to help TE bail out of a play and pick up +5 yards anyway. If we don't have a credible threat in short yardage passing, neither Evans or Owens will be getting open. Teams will just drop 6-7 guys in coverage and sit in their zones waiting the ball to come to them, no different than was done in 4 losing games last year.

we should trade our #1 to dallas and aquire jason whitten lol lol

2. We draft a good TE

Good point I think everyone on this board agrees with you about our need for a top TE.

Lombardi was in Denver's front office a year ago and still has close ties to the organization.

He's good, real good but he hasn't stayed healthy. He's definitely the pass catching TE we need but only if he can stay on the field for the whole season.

Why would Denver put him on the block?

2. We draft a good TE

hopefully the bills agree with your analysis, its brilliant! /end guinness guy voice