Patriots Primed to Make a Run at Peppers

H2o

Wait, the Panthers don't want a (late) first rounder because of the cost? LOL! The difference between a late first rounder and the 34th overall is at best about $500K a year in cap space. And if they clear Peppers' $17M cap hit...

Peppers isn't going to come to Buffalo. Nor do I think he will sign with the Patriots. He simply wants way too much money. That being said, if he went to NE, then we had better resign Peters, because right now, he's the only guy on the team that even has a chance of blocking that guy for two games a year. Washington and Dallas are better bets.

Not so fast. Panthers deny trade talks

Panthers: No Peppers deal, or talks

Panthers general manager Marty Hurney issued a statement through team spokesman Charlie Dayton tonight denying an NFL.com report that the team was working on a trade to send franchise free agent Julius Peppers to the New England Patriots for a second-round draft pick.

"By the rules of the CBA, we cannot and have not had any conversations with other teams about Julius," said Hurney. "Under the non-exclusive franchise tag, Julius and his agent, Carl Carey, are within their rights to talk to other teams about a potential contract. However, at this point, we are not aware of any such conversations."

Carey could not be reached for comment.

-- Charles Chandler

I find it amusing that there is a Salary Cap, but teams like New England, Dallas, and Washington never reach it no matter how much money they spend...

I think it's funny that the Pats continue to commit highway robbery, both in free agency and trades. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Belichick was sending guys to break legs or something.