Cutler formally asks to be traded

Well I disagree. Without Cuntler last year Broncos are 2 win team. He knows this and thats why he feels under appreciated and wants out. The guy was a leader on the field, reads defenses, did whatever it took to win games and made clutch throws. Comparisons to a dolt like Jeff George are wholly unfounded.

Cutler throwing deep bombs to a single covered Evans because DBs can't cheat with TO underneath would rival the year Brady had with Moss and Welker.

as always, most people on this board seem to think that talent doesn't matter. Cutler is a franchise QB who we'd be lucky to get

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this one is more on the Bronco's than Cutler. He has carried the team for the last 2 years and is getting no respect from McDaniels. Who has been an OC for 1 or 2 years, sorry I think he should treat the star QB with more respect. I'll take Cutler here in a minute.

Jay Cutler

2007 7-9 1957 rushing yards, 3759 rcving yards

2008 8-8 1862 rushing yards, 4545 rcving yards

No PLAYOFFS.

Buffalo

2008 7-9 1842 rushing yards, 3302 rcving yards With Loss-man and Edwards

WHEN has the QB with the MOST passing yards in the league (that season) Won a SB?

You need MORE than just passing stats.

I think its a no brainer for the Bills to make an offer and sniff around aquiring Cutler. If the Broncos like Edwards then offer Edwards and our #11 first round pick for Cutler and their TE Tony Sheffler. Our offense would be set for years as we could then lock up both players to long term deals. Imagine an offense led by Cutler and Lynch complemented with Owens, Evans and Sheffler. Could be a juggernaut. My rationale is that this season is make or break for Edwards as we would need to likley extend his contract after this year and he would become quite expensive. I do THINK Edwards can be the answer but he still hasnt consistently shown it yet. Meanwhile Cutler has put up 4,000 yard 25 TD seasons in inclement Denver. I think he would be our franchise player for the next decade. Go for it Russ!

I think its a no brainer for the Bills to make an offer and sniff around aquiring Cutler. If the Broncos like Edwards then offer Edwards and our #11 first round pick for Cutler and their TE Tony Sheffler. Our offense would be set for years as we could then lock up both players to long term deals. Imagine an offense led by Cutler and Lynch complemented with Owens, Evans and Sheffler. Could be a juggernaut. My rationale is that this season is make or break for Edwards as we would need to likley extend his contract after this year and he would become quite expensive. I do THINK Edwards can be the answer but he still hasnt consistently shown it yet. Meanwhile Cutler has put up 4,000 yard 25 TD seasons in inclement Denver. I think he would be our franchise player for the next decade. Go for it Russ!

I'm surprised the Broncos owner tossed Cutler the way he did.

Broncos are losing leverage by the day too. I also like the fact that Denver's west coast passing system appears to be similar but more complex than ours which should make for a quicker transition if this deal were to happen. The Bills would be a legit force to challenge the other improving AFC East teams for years to come if we could land Cutler....

Cutler's natural talents are unquestionable. However, he seems to make the worst mistakes at the absolute worst times. Did anyone catch the Week 16 game last season when the Bills went into Denver and came away with a victory, thanks largely to bad decisions made by Cutler? That was a must-win game for the Broncos too. I will have to say that I came away from that game more impressed with Edwards than I did Cutler. Yes, I know Cutler has a much stronger arm. However, Trent made clutch plays down the stretch in bad weather in a hostile environment, while Cutler threw a back-breaking interception with the game on the line.

Cutler's natural talents are unquestionable. However, he seems to make the worst mistakes at the absolute worst times. Did anyone catch the Week 16 game last season when the Bills went into Denver and came away with a victory, thanks largely to bad decisions made by Cutler? That was a must-win game for the Broncos too. I will have to say that I came away from that game more impressed with Edwards than I did Cutler. Yes, I know Cutler has a much stronger arm. However, Trent made clutch plays down the stretch in bad weather in a hostile environment, while Cutler threw a back-breaking interception with the game on the line.

there is little doubt, that when he is in a clutch game or situation, he has failed. The Bills and Sandiego game are perfect examples. He has never led them to a playoff game, he has a losting record, and remember, this is a team that traditionally make the playoffs on a consitent basis.

I know that he has had a weak defense, and the rb problems, but the bottom line is that he hasn't been a winner, and when they needed him the most, he has failed.

They needed to beat Buffalo, and they would of made the playoffs. Bottom line is, he made tremendous errors, that cost them their opportunity to be in the playoffs. That is a fact.

he is a crybaby, and he is immature, and he has shown that in the past. There is a reason, why Josh Mcdaniels, who has been very successful (look what he did with cassell) doesn't want him around. He obviously feels that this is not the guy that can lead him to the promise land.

Cutler has all the skills and arm that you want in a qb. I'm not sure that he has the mental makeup to be a winner, either does Josh mcDaniel.

Either way, Josh McDaniel now will be in the hot seat if they trade him away. He has a lot of balls and confidence to do that. He will get grilled if they don't produce a winner. he now has put tremendous pressure on his shoulders.

Few points:

1.) Denver management botched this thing. Very very VERY stupid. Yeah, if you tried to trade the guy, bring him in and tell that's what happened. They didnt do that...they denied it to the media, and then to his face. NOW they're saying they looked at some offers, but its dead. Yeah, but its too late now...And now they're talking to the media saying Cutler is "misinterpreting" the facts? Now you're going to call him out in the media and make excuses about "not calling him back blah blah?" Where are the PR people in this? No good is going to come out of talking trash to your QB in the media, even if he is doing so himself...its not smart and they're stooping to his level.

2.) Cutler is acting a little childish in this case. He sees himself, while young, as the leader of this team. McDaniels came in and needed to respect that, which is what Cutlers crying about. I think some of it might be that Cutler is scared this new SOB could come in and ruin his development, thus he wants a trade. He had one of the best offensive geniuses coach him, he was somewhat promised the offense would stay intact, and now everythings thrown out the window. Still think he's acting out of line though...

3.) Cutler is a good QB, and "he hasn't won anything" is a silly argument. He had arguably the worst defense in the league the last 2 years. Remember, he lost what, 7 running backs last year? And yeah he's got good receivers now, but in 07 he didn't have the perfect number 2, Eddie Royal. Their wide receiver core outside of Marshall was pretty thin...Stokley was number 2 in 07. And Tony Scheffler? Yeah, he's a good player, but he owes his development to Jay Cutler being his QB. Give this kid a running back who can stay healthy (I think Ryan Torain can be that guy, if McDaniels doesnt screw that up too) and a defense that can be at least average, he might have a chance to win. But you can't blame the losses on this guy...those were squarely on the defense.

And while this whole trade me/he said/she said bonanza is fun to see another team destroy itself, and it might be fun to wish he could land in Buffalo.....I fear the Dolphins and the Jets (or some other up and coming AFC team) is licking its chops....I hate the AFC East!

For all you who say that McDaniels instigated this situation. Read in between the lines

SOURCE: COOK WANTS NEW CONTRACT FOR CUTLER

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 11:34 a.m.

With none of the top quarterbacks in the draft pool picking him to be their agent, Bus Cook had to find a way to get his name into the NFL conversation in the weeks leading up to the 2009 version of the rookie selection process.

What better way to do it than to demonstrate his power and influence to the quarterback class of 2010 by forcing a trade of Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler?

Dan Patrick said on the Monday edition of his show that Cook recently responded to a report from Peter King that Cutler had asked for a trade before the possibility of trading Cutler ever arose with the time-honored non-denial denial: “Not that I know of.”

We’re now convinced that Cook is the primary instigator of Cutler’s discontent — and also the primary impediment to a meaningful coach-player meeting that could resolve the situation and keep Cutler around.

King told Patrick on Monday that coach Josh McDaniels still wants to have a one-on-one meeting with Cutler.

In other words, McDaniels wants to be able to talk to Cutler without Cook sticking his nose into the discussion, saying and doing things that will prevent Cutler’s currently stubborn resolve from weakening.

Indeed, a league source tells us that Cook’s idea for solving the current impasse was — what else? — a fat new contract for Cutler. If the Broncos aren’t willing to give Cutler a new deal, then Cook and Cutler want to be traded.

Cook is a West Virginia native, so we’d ordinarily be inclined to give him the Pat White treatment. In this case, we can’t. Cook has been at the center of too many unnecessary controversies, and he has failed to use his tremendous influence over his clients to persuade them to find a way to make things work. Instead, Cook has thrived of late on destroying existing relationships, for no apparent strategic reason other than to get his name in the paper.

That said, it’s not too late for the Broncos to take control of the situation. As pointed out in our latest SportingNews.com item, the Bengals did it last year with Chad Johnson, and the Cardinals did it last year (and might do it again this year) with Anquan Boldin. When a player is under contract for three more seasons, the team (not the player) has the power to determine whether the player will be traded or released before those three years expire.

LMAO, what is the deal with posters on this board using the Bills-Denver game to show that Cutler isnt good enough and that Edwards is better...geezus, one game doesnt define a player. There have been games where QB's like Farve, Montanna, Brady, Manning, and every other Elite QB has thrown 3, 4, even 5 interceptions in a game and single handeldy cost their team wins, even big wins. Heck, Manning had a huge cloud over his head until he won the Super Bowl because until then he had a lot more bad games than good games in the post season...does any of this mean those QB's were terrible?

Not at all...so how does this Bills-Denver game make Cutler a bad QB...No QB will ever have a perfect season or never make a bad decision...it comes with the territory. Cutler is NOT the reason the Broncos missed the playoffs...and thats the bottom line. Not to mention, he still led that offense to the 2nd rated offense in the NFL despite playing with a midget ROOKIE WR, not having his #1 WR for the first 2 games, and having no running backs...

And FYI: Edwards Cleveland game was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen, and few would disagree with that, and far worse than any game Cutler has ever had and a CRITICAL game for our playoff hopes...so go ahead, make excuses for Trent on that game and label Cutler a hack for his game against the Bills... :thumbsup:

FYI: In that game agaisnt the Broncos, Trent was facing the worst D in the league that was missing its best player in Bailey...

Man, the rationale on this board sometimes is just puzzling...

3.) Cutler is a good QB, and "he hasn't won anything" is a silly argument. He had arguably the worst defense in the league the last 2 years. Remember, he lost what, 7 running backs last year? And yeah he's got good receivers now, but in 07 he didn't have the perfect number 2, Eddie Royal. Their wide receiver core outside of Marshall was pretty thin...Stokley was number 2 in 07. And Tony Scheffler? Yeah, he's a good player, but he owes his development to Jay Cutler being his QB. Give this kid a running back who can stay healthy (I think Ryan Torain can be that guy, if McDaniels doesnt screw that up too) and a defense that can be at least average, he might have a chance to win. But you can't blame the losses on this guy...those were squarely on the defense.

We beat them at home, case in point!

Few points:

1.) Denver management botched this thing. Very very VERY stupid. Yeah, if you tried to trade the guy, bring him in and tell that's what happened. They didnt do that...they denied it to the media, and then to his face. NOW they're saying they looked at some offers, but its dead. Yeah, but its too late now...And now they're talking to the media saying Cutler is "misinterpreting" the facts? Now you're going to call him out in the media and make excuses about "not calling him back blah blah?" Where are the PR people in this? No good is going to come out of talking trash to your QB in the media, even if he is doing so himself...its not smart and they're stooping to his level.

2.) Cutler is acting a little childish in this case. He sees himself, while young, as the leader of this team. McDaniels came in and needed to respect that, which is what Cutlers crying about. I think some of it might be that Cutler is scared this new SOB could come in and ruin his development, thus he wants a trade. He had one of the best offensive geniuses coach him, he was somewhat promised the offense would stay intact, and now everythings thrown out the window. Still think he's acting out of line though...

And while this whole trade me/he said/she said bonanza is fun to see another team destroy itself, and it might be fun to wish he could land in Buffalo.....I fear the Dolphins and the Jets (or some other up and coming AFC team) is licking its chops....I hate the AFC East!

nice post... :thumbsup:

nice post... :thumbsup:

It seems like there is more to the story here than the black and white McD is stupid, Culter is a baby, he hasn't won anything blah blah blah.....

all parties seem to be acting stupid here, they didn't handle the situation correctly, they didn't fix it in the two or three "intervention" meetings afterwards.

I can't see McDaniels surviving the season if he can't get Cutler in camp or a decent QB that can make them at least competitive this year...

And I'm sure Bus Cook is loving this whole situation...he sees his client getting moved, demanding a long term contract before he plays a down...and him collecting his cut....

beautiful game, isn't it?

LMAO, what is the deal with posters on this board using the Bills-Denver game to show that Cutler isnt good enough and that Edwards is better...geezus, one game doesnt define a player. There have been games where QB's like Farve, Montanna, Brady, Manning, and every other Elite QB has thrown 3, 4, even 5 interceptions in a game and single handeldy cost their team wins, even big wins. Heck, Manning had a huge cloud over his head until he won the Super Bowl because until then he had a lot more bad games than good games in the post season...does any of this mean those QB's were terrible?

Not at all...so how does this Bills-Denver game make Cutler a bad QB...No QB will ever have a perfect season or never make a bad decision...it comes with the territory. Cutler is NOT the reason the Broncos missed the playoffs...and thats the bottom line. Not to mention, he still led that offense to the 2nd rated offense in the NFL despite playing with a midget ROOKIE WR, not having his #1 WR for the first 2 games, and having no running backs...

And FYI: Edwards Cleveland game was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen, and few would disagree with that, and far worse than any game Cutler has ever had and a CRITICAL game for our playoff hopes...so go ahead, make excuses for Trent on that game and label Cutler a hack for his game against the Bills... :thumbsup:

FYI: In that game agaisnt the Broncos, Trent was facing the worst D in the league that was missing its best player in Bailey...

Man, the rationale on this board sometimes is just puzzling...

Very good post. Camparing QB's head to head in a game is absolutely rediculous and Cutler did pretty good last season considering what he had to work with. If Edwards was in a Broncos uniform last year he would not have put up Cutler's numbers.