Sully Chat

BillsNYC

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sully_on_sports/

So far

Bills should have signed Peters last year when he only wanted $10 million a year

The Cutler/KC rumor is BS

So the Bills should have paid Peters 10 million per year for the next five years, when they already had him under contract for 3 million for the next three years? Yeah Sully.....fuggin douche.

So far

Bills should have signed Peters last year when he only wanted $10 million a year

There was nothing in that chat saying the Cutler rumor is BS...he just had no info on it so he doubts its validity...he seems to have no information on whether its true or false, just in his opinnion doubts its validity...

There was nothing in that chat saying the Cutler rumor is BS...he just had no info on it so he doubts its validity...he seems to have no information on whether its true or false, just in his opinnion doubts its validity...

He said its likely bs because the Bills are dedicated to Edwards.

Interesting:

[Comment From Jeff]

Sully, and thoughts as to what the Bills are going to do at LG? Also, I think we will eventually sign June....makes too much sense. I getthe feeling they are just bringing his price down by waiting a while. Also, do you feel comforatble with Scott and Whitner? what about bringing in Roy Willams to be your SS? Thanks Sully.

1:29

Sully: I hear they're looking at a free agent. Allen Wilson won't give up the name. They'll probably draft a guard in later rounds. June is average, so they're waiting for his price to drop. I don't see them going for Williams or any big-name safety. I'd be more comfortable with the other two if they made more big plays.

So the Bills should have paid Peters 10 million per year for the next five years, when they already had him under contract for 3 million for the next three years? Yeah Sully.....fuggin douche.

Normally you make good posts of what I have read. But this one wasn't one of your better one's.

Here's why.

It's not realistic, in a nutshell.

You can not expect for Peters to play out the remaining contract, when he had 3 years left on it last year, being the 5th highest paid lineman on the team, when he was arguably the best.

You realistically can not expect him to play through his contract without demanding a higher contract, considering he would of had to play out 3 more years.

Sully is right about one thing. We should of offered him this contract last year.

But i do agree with you

Sully is a douche

1:39 [Comment From Chas Calz]

A Chicago columnist wrote Jauron had the personality of drywall when he was with Bears .( with apologies to drywall 0

1:40 Sully: I've gotten better quotes from the drywall in my attic. Really, the drywall actually told me Losman had a bad game once.

LOL I love it!

So far

Thank you Jerry "Captain Obvious" Sullivan. Did he actually say that in a column last year? Is Sully sure that Peters, even after getting his $10M but seeing Long get more, wouldn't hold out again? I would if the team I played for were such pushovers. Peters has shown that a contract doesn't mean much to him.

PTR

Normally you make good posts of what I have read. But this one wasn't one of your better one's.

Here's why.

It's not realistic, in a nutshell.

You can not expect for Peters to play out the remaining contract, when he had 3 years left on it last year, being the 5th highest paid lineman on the team, when he was arguably the best.

You realistically can not expect him to play through his contract without demanding a higher contract, considering he would of had to play out 3 more years.

Sully is right about one thing. We should of offered him this contract last year.

But i do agree with you

Sully is a douche

Prove to me that after the Bills cave once he wouldn't hold out every year another lineman got a bigger contract.

PTR

Prove to me that after the Bills cave once he wouldn't hold out every year another lineman got a bigger contract.

PTR

I can't prove it to you.

Just like the Dolphins can't prove that paying Jake Long $11 Million dollars a year is a good value, or that paying Dorsey $10 Million is or etc. etc. etc.

It's a risk

But I believe it's a risk worth taking. I don't have confidence that we can replace him with a good alternative. I don't have confidence that we can draft a comparable alternative. I am only going by our history.

Do you have confidence that we can?

1:51

[Comment From Paul S]

ok so matt just double posted and im still getting no response

1:52

Sully: Paul, why not repost the question? You think I'm Bill Gates here at the controls? It's probably lost in the abyss about 100 questions ago. Stop whining.

-------

classic. love sully

I can't prove it to you.

Just like the Dolphins can't prove that paying Jake Long $11 Million dollars a year is a good value, or that paying Dorsey $10 Million is or etc. etc. etc.

It's a risk

But I believe it's a risk worth taking. I don't have confidence that we can replace him with a good alternative. I don't have confidence that we can draft a comparable alternative. I am only going by our history.

Do you have confidence that we can?

but you have a history of a guy holding out with multiple years left on his contract, and you'd have to at elast consider the possiblity that history would repeat itself. would you agree that's part of the consideration during these negotiations?

you also have to consider the risk that he gets hurt, past injuries, etc. i fault the bills for a lot of things, but credit them with holding the line on that issue.

but you have a history of a guy holding out with multiple years left on his contract, and you'd have to at elast consider the possiblity that history would repeat itself. would you agree that's part of the consideration during these negotiations?

you also have to consider the risk that he gets hurt, past injuries, etc. i fault the bills for a lot of things, but credit them with holding the line on that issue.

Thank you. Everyone thinks all we have to do is pay Peters and everything will be hunky-dory. The guy has already shown his lack of respect for the Bills by holding out last year. It was obvious he didn't work out because he was awful. So now we're supposed to kiss his butt and cave to his demands? Because oooooooh he's a two-time pro bowler, ooooh! Sorry. Based on what I saw last year, he's not worth it.

PTR

Thank you. Everyone thinks all we have to do is pay Peters and everything will be hunky-dory. The guy has already shown his lack of respect for the Bills by holding out last year. It was obvious he didn't work out because he was awful. So now we're supposed to kiss his butt and cave to his demands? Because oooooooh he's a two-time pro bowler, ooooh! Sorry. Based on what I saw last year, he's not worth it.

PTR

He will do it again when he is underpaid.

It was the Bills who signed Dockery to a $67M contract despite the fact that he's not an elite player.

It was the Bills who handed Schobel a huge contract extension (note: he had 3 years left on his deal).

It was the Bills who paid Kelsay like a future star.

All that money would have been better spent paying Peters, whose contract is significantly below the market value for tackles. I can't blame the guy for holding out given the kind of money the Bills spent on the O-Line for less capable players.

It was the Bills who signed Dockery to a $67M contract despite the fact that he's not an elite player.

It was the Bills who handed Schobel a huge contract extension (note: he had 3 years left on his deal).

All that money would have been better spent paying Peters, whose contract is significantly below the market value for tackles. I can't blame the guy for holding out given the kind of money the Bills spent on the O-Line for less capable players.

So in other words, thanks Marv for creating the monster that is now our Jason Peters.

And it was the Bills who paid RT Peters MORE than his market value when they saw potential in him and wanted to lock him up.

You're argument just proved my point. Peters will cry every time someone makes more than him. Yet he's done nothing to earn it. If he didn't wet his panties and hold out last year I'd have more respect for the guy. Instead he skipped the off-season workouts, skipped training camp, showed up fat and out of shape, and basically sucked all year until he broke a fingernail at the end of the season and sat out. And for a "elite" left tackle, Trent Edwards took more than his share of abuse by people Peters whiffed on. No thanks on Peters.

PTR

And it was the Bills who paid RT Peters MORE than his market value when they saw potential in him and wanted to lock him up.

That wasn't more than his market value. It was his market value. He simply got a raise. He was paid like a free agent undrafted tight end prospect and they brought his compensation in line with a starting right tackle. How is that above his market value?

You're argument just proved my point. Peters will cry every time someone makes more than him. Yet he's done nothing to earn it.

Bringing stability to the LT position that has been the achilles heal of the franchise for years?

Going to 2 straight Pro Bowls?

His play hasn't been perfect, but he's been an O-Lineman for a whole 3 years. He has a high ceiling and he's more athletic than most NFL tackles.

If he didn't wet his panties and hold out last year I'd have more respect for the guy. Instead he skipped the off-season workouts, skipped training camp, showed up fat and out of shape, and basically sucked all year until he broke a fingernail at the end of the season and sat out.

He had no choice but to hold out. I find it funny that the Bills took care of Schobel even though he had 3 years left on his deal. Why did they do that? Because they re-signed Kelsay and the front office realized that they can't have Kelsay making more than Schobel.

In the exact parallel situation, the Bills spent big money on inferior players like Dockery and Walker and didn't take care of Jason Peters when he, just like Schobel, had 3 years left on his deal. Why wouldn't he hold out? It's the only leverage he has. If the Bills were smart, they would have drafted Ryan Clady last year and painted Jason Peters in a corner. Instead, they made their bed. This is not the year to be f-ing with the LT position. He deserves to make the same money that Jordan Gross is making. End of story. This is the Bills' fault that they're in this position and it's time to pay up.

So in other words, thanks Marv for creating the monster that is now our Jason Peters.

Thanks to Marv for a lot of things. :thumbdown:

Dick Jauron

John McCargo

Chris Kelsay... the list goes on.