TBN: Bills / Peters ~$3 M apart - Peters wants over $11.5 M

SKOOBY

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo had theier chance to put this to bed last year. They probably could have had him (very happy) at the numbers they are trying to sign him for today. Every year the asking price goes up. I refer back to the many posts I have put up before - the Bills were stupid for believing they could get away on the cheap last year.

Except maybe the Pro Bowl voting of the coaches and players...

Senator, you're a true politician. Spin city. Pro Bowl voting is not great but compared to casual fan evaluation of an offensive lineman? Go back to Washington Senator. The link proves nothing. You intentionally miss my point which is that so many Bills fans were pissed off at Peters that I'm sure very few voted for him.

Link

He didn't, actually - once again, for the 2nd consecutive year, he didn't finish the season due to injury and skipped the Pro Bowl.

Whoa, you nailed me on a technicality. That always makes for a good counter-argument. Yes, he didn't play in the last two Pro Bowls, he was selected to them. What's the difference in terms of how he's perceived? Zero Senator.

Gosh, no - that doesn't happen, does it?

Link

You weaken your argument by trying to stretch one point (a weak one at that) into two points. Again there was so much animosity towards Peters last year that only a politician could argue that there was a grass roots campaign to elect him.

That's too bad, and also incredibly naive - who gets 'invited' to the Pro Bowl is a joke. The fan voting takes place too early in the season, and it is mostly about names. Likewise with the players/coaches votes, largely based on names, prior reputations, and maybe some film from prior seasons that they've studied in practice.

Again, Pro Bowl voting is less than ideal as far as players and coaches are concerned. It is even less ideal when fans have an equal voice. Especially regarding linemen.

Pretty weak effort Senator.

Buffalo had theier chance to put this to bed last year. They probably could have had him (very happy) at the numbers they are trying to sign him for today. Every year the asking price goes up. I refer back to the many posts I have put up before - the Bills were stupid for believing they could get away on the cheap last year.

The BILLS were VERY afraid that he wasn't going to come back from the serious injury he'd suffered the previous season, a fact that was further enhanced by the fact that Peters stayed away from the team completely during his hold out. I doubt ANY team in the NFL would have handled the situation any differently given the circumstances.

The BILLS were also very unfortunate that Peters was again voted to the Pro Bowl - another fact made worse by the fact that he in no way deserved the honor. Now they're left holding the bag on a guy who pretty much sucked last season but who wants to be paid like he didn't. It's too bad they didn't draft Ryan Clady because he's already a better LT than Peters and he's nowhere near the headcase.

Again, Pro Bowl voting is less than ideal as far as players and coaches are concerned. It is even less ideal when fans have an equal voice. Especially regarding linemen.

Pretty weak effort Senator.

yeah, weak. right. sure. guy played 13 games, lead the league in sacks allowed. coaches & players took a real close look at that, and definitely voted him in on merit. :thumbdown:

keep dreaming.

yeah, weak. right. sure. guy played 13 games, lead the league in sacks allowed. coaches & players took a real close look at that, and definitely voted him in on merit. :thumbdown:

keep dreaming.

Gee, I guess you're right again Senator. How very Senatorial of you. Argument by reductio ad absurdum. Argument by technicality. You sure are a compelling intellect.

Gee, I guess you're right again Senator. How very Senatorial of you. Argument by reductio ad absurdum. Argument by technicality. You sure are a compelling intellect.

So Peters didn't allow more sacks than any other LT? And Pro Bowl voting isn't an absolute joke?

So Peters didn't allow more sacks than any other LT? And Pro Bowl voting isn't an absolute joke?

Everyone worried about TO being a cancer in the locker room, we already have one. He and his pal Dockery thought they could play like lazy chits and get away with it. The other shoe to drop will be a Peters trade if they can get value for the greedy bastard.

Come on- we are Buffalo fans, therefore, we are stupid by design. Peters payed subpar last season, so that makes him a subpar player regardless of his excellent play in the past. As Buffalo fans we can't remember beyond the last 10 games.....unless we are talking about the hiccup that was the lat 80's to mid 90's. Just like politicians, we can have selective memories and not make sense.

Come on- we are Buffalo fans, therefore, we are stupid by design. Peters payed subpar last season, so that makes him a subpar player regardless of his excellent play in the past. As Buffalo fans we can't remember beyond the last 10 games.....unless we are talking about the hiccup that was the lat 80's to mid 90's. Just like politicians, we can have selective memories and not make sense.

That's too simplistic. I don't like how he handled the hold-out, I don't like when/how he returned to the team, and I don't like the way he played. It was a staggering change that indicates he doesn't always commit to the game 100%. As opposed to Boldin, who had the same contract issues, but played at an all-pro level and through injury.

He's asking for the salary of a guy you believe will be reliable, consistent, and playing at an all-pro level. I don't think we can trust he'll be that guy.

That's too simplistic. I don't like how he handled the hold-out, I don't like when/how he returned to the team, and I don't like the way he played. It was a staggering change that indicates he doesn't always commit to the game 100%. As opposed to Boldin, who had the same contract issues, but played at an all-pro level and through injury.

He's asking for the salary of a guy you believe will be reliable, consistent, and playing at an all-pro level. I don't think we can trust he'll be that guy.

Was he being a POS, or did he just listen to the bad advice of an agent that he hired to take care of him? I don't blame him at all- I think the POS's are the ones running the NFL- they care nothing about the well being of the players. If they did, their heads would be much better protected, but that would mean sacrificing marketing dollars by changing the helmets and uniforms

Was he being a POS, or did he just listen to the bad advice of an agent that he hired to take care of him? I don't blame him at all- I think the POS's are the ones running the NFL- they care nothing about the well being of the players. If they did, their heads would be much better protected, but that would mean sacrificing marketing dollars by changing the helmets and uniforms

Again, this argument just doesn't work for me. You can handle the situation like Peters, or you can handle it like Boldin. You can point fingers all you want...there's no excusing his play when he returned. He wasn't even worth a roster spot let alone $11-13m. I don't like the idea that a guy you're going to pay to be in the Top 5 of his position can play at the level outside the top 32 for any reason. He should have been using the second half of last year to justify that kind of salary. Instead he used it to raise questions about whether or not he's worth it.

If you traded your 1st and Peters to Philly for their two first round picks. Then i think it would be pretty much a wash. Philly has the 21 and 28 pick in the draft. Also you could maybe get a third out of them as well. You get your Tackle with pick number 21 your DE with pick number 28. In the second you get TE and then with two 3rds you get two more OL.There are plenty of good young tackles in the draft this year. Not to mention we have D Bell who sounds like he is developing into maybe the next Peters, play wise. Peters has shown he always wants to get paid more money. And thats fine so would we all. But what happens in two years from now when another left tackle gets 14 million a year. Are you gonna say he wont want another raise? You know he will. And the Bills will be right back here again.

Our 1st pick by itself is worth Philly's 2 picks