Eagles and Peters

You are retarded. Jason Peters is not close to being the best left tackle that ever walked the earth, so control yourself. If we could get two first round picks for him, that would be a tremendous deal. He may be wanting some unbelievable contract that is not realistic for the Bills to give him. The guy is a headcase, plain and simple. I am sure we could find someone in the first round to replace him, and get another stud as well. We would be sitting pretty with 3 first round picks.

Way to get personal with the name calling out of nowhere, jackass.

When did I ever say that Peters was the best LT walking this Earth?

When you want to have a conversation where you don't resemble a pre-pubescent, pimple popping assclown, let me know.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to lose Jason Peters......and I know that you are not supposed to trade away blue chip LT's

But something to consider here.......are we going to be able to sign this guy? That has to be figured into the equation when deciding what to do with him....we CAN NOT afford to have this guy holding out like he did last year and hurting the team.

It would have to be a REALLY good offer in order to make that trade....I would want both of their 1st rounders....I wouldn't want to give them anything but JP.

And that is why I dont think it will happen.

I never said give up on him or that he had no talent...YOU said you wouldnt take 5 1st round picks for him and that NO tackle in this draft will ever be as good as he is]...You are the one who started the discussion on talent, not me. I only responded to the outrageous claim he is worth more than 5 1st round picks and that really bold statement of you claiming no tackle in this years draft will ever be as good as him when this is a good draft for them...

I know he has talent, and I am not arguing it. I am just saying, what makes him special other than the fact you have been TOLD he is special. I mean, its not like he makes sports center highlights or the camera follows lineman every play and you can sit back and go "wow, he is special". The fact remains, he still is living on his reputation based on one year of superb play.

People make excuses for him because he held out last year, but he should have come around as the year progressed, and he didnt...its not like he had a slow start and caught fire, he struggled all year. Look at Manning, he missed pre season with an injury, started a little slow, and then got back into form a handful of games into the season. Peters, never did that and was getting abused even late in the season. Holding out is NO excuse for his entire season being subpar...

Again, I am not saying he isnt a good player. I only addressed your over the top claims. By the way, he played down, even below his CURRENT contract that is still good for 2 years...so what has he done to deserve the contract HE wants? Shouldnt he earn it? Having one great year 2 years ago doesnt warrant a huge contract today in my book...He should have to go out this year and EARN that conract like he should have last year. And when he does, pay the man...until then, he is already under a fair contract based on his play last year...

Can you read? Where did I ever say I wouldn't trade 5 first round picks for him?

What is it with the people on this board? Jesus Christ. There's about 3 people on here who can have intelligent conversation and that's about it.

This thread is nuts. Some of you folks are absolutely bonkers. Yeah, let's hit the reset button again, just like in Madden. Our young, coveted, Pro Bowl left tackle snubbed the City of Buffalo by holding out for more money, and then he gave up a couple of sacks? We'll show him! The grass is always greener, right? How short are your memories folks? How quickly you have forgotten the more than a DECADE we suffered through without a franchise left tackle. Bill is right - there is a reason you NEVER see quality young LTs hit the trade wire. Never.

Trading Peters is absolutely, positively the dumbest thing I've ever heard suggested on this message board. And that's saying something.

I hope that was meant to be sarcastic...if not, then do you think thats a little bit of a bold statement?

Boldin was a 2nd round pick...hes an impact player right? What about Brady, what round was he drafted in? Terrell Davis...what round was he drafted in? Drew Brees also a 2nd round pick...the list can go on and on...

Are you really going to try taking the exceptions and make them the rule?

Unless Philly is desperate and willing to take the chance of giving up their draft, or, Buffalo is desperate and thinks it's ok to take less than he's worth, basically take what they can get for Peters before he holds out again, the thinking being that they will get more now than later, once these problems inevitably start up again.

Thing is: does anybody see either Philly or Buffalo as desperate? If anything Philly needs to sign somebody after losing the people they have, and so that makes them need us a little more, not much.

Then again, we did give them an ass raping on the Spikes trade(thanks for .5 of Stroud, a-holes), maybe they liked it?

We're talking about the Eagles, who happen to have one of the better front offices in the NFL. Heckert doesn't make decisions on personnel, but Andy Reid does. And with the track record they have of making it deep into the playoffs along with so many needs on that team, I can't see Reid dealing much of his draft for Peters. No way.

Philly will use both of their first round picks, and historically go with lineman. So far they've been fairly successful building through the draft. I don't see that changing even if Peters were made available.

I have to say, trading Peters would -- to me -- be even more surprising than signing Owens. I really don't see them even entertaining the thought, unless it was some ungodly Herschel-Walker/Ricky Williams-on-draft-day offer.

I guess sds guy had a problem with the thread i started about Peters. Despite the fact there are a million threads about T.O. It's all good, Anyway realistically what would a the no brainer trade proposal for Peters if he was dealt?

Really, hmmm.

Lets see the steelers lost, Alan Faneca.

How'd they do again this year?

True. I love how many people make up absolute rules for winning teams. Like it's a simple equation and we just aren't plugging the numbers in. The truth is, it is impossible to generalize every winning team with statements like "no good teams trade good players", or "the key to winning is a good left tackle" If statements like this were true all tackles would be the first thing off the board.

The bottom line is that this is not an exact science. The trade might work out and it might not. There is no way of pre-determining this with a set group of rules

True. I love how many people make up absolute rules for winning teams. Like it's a simple equation and we just aren't plugging the numbers in. The truth is, it is impossible to generalize every winning team with statements like "no good teams trade good players", or "the key to winning is a good left tackle" If statements like this were true all tackles would be the first thing off the board.

The bottom line is that this is not an exact science. The trade might work out and it might not. There is no way of pre-determining this with a set group of rules

exactly. But when you have 5 holes and one player who acts like a spoiled 2 year old want 13.5 million per. And you could plug 3-4 holes with that same money, let me see what would I do??????

This thread is nuts. Some of you folks are absolutely bonkers. Yeah, let's hit the reset button again, just like in Madden. Our young, coveted, Pro Bowl left tackle snubbed the City of Buffalo by holding out for more money, and then he gave up a couple of sacks? We'll show him! The grass is always greener, right? How short are your memories folks? How quickly you have forgotten the more than a DECADE we suffered through without a franchise left tackle. Bill is right - there is a reason you NEVER see quality young LTs hit the trade wire. Never.

Trading Peters is absolutely, positively the dumbest thing I've ever heard suggested on this message board. And that's saying something.

Huh? So, if Peters is asking for some ridiculous amount of money guaranteed (think Haynesworth money or close) and you were not absolutely positive he was going to stay commited to being the best he can be for whatever reason, I think you would be a horrible GM to close the door on the possibility.

That said Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith are the only guys I really feel will be good to great LT's and they are gone by 11 for sure. Andre Smith, Other, Britton, and Beatty all are way too big a question mark to count on being a Pro Bowl LT.

That said, we would need a ridiculous offer to trade Peters now. But you never close the door if he is being a real headache and the reationship has soured so bad that it can't be patched.

Since it hasn't... I would do my best to sign Peters. No doubt we still have a ton of leverage on him b/c he is signed for two more years.

B Russ and Overdroff will get it done.

Huh? So, if Peters is asking for some ridiculous amount of money guaranteed (think Haynesworth money or close) and you were not absolutely positive he was going to stay commited to being the best he can be for whatever reason, I think you would be a horrible GM to close the door on the possibility.

That said Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith are the only guys I really feel will be good to great LT's and they are gone by 11 for sure. Andre Smith, Other, Britton, and Beatty all are way too big a question mark to count on being a Pro Bowl LT.

That said, we would need a ridiculous offer to trade Peters now. But you never close the door if he is being a real headache and the reationship has soured so bad that it can't be patched.

Since it hasn't... I would do my best to sign Peters. No doubt we still have a ton of leverage on him b/c he is signed for two more years.

B Russ and Overdroff will get it done.

One of the few voices of reason.

two first rounders this year, which would mean that we would have three.

Why stop there, lets get as many as possible :thumbsup:

The value in the NFL draft is the 2nd thru 4th round....all the 1st round brings is large signing bonuses for a job well done in college (unless there is that rare phenom). SIGN PETERS!!!! AND STOP THIS NON-SENSE !!!

We're talking about the Eagles, who happen to have one of the better front offices in the NFL. Heckert doesn't make decisions on personnel, but Andy Reid does. And with the track record they have of making it deep into the playoffs along with so many needs on that team, I can't see Reid dealing much of his draft for Peters. No way.

Philly will use both of their first round picks, and historically go with lineman. So far they've been fairly successful building through the draft. I don't see that changing even if Peters were made available.

Right. Conversely, I don't see us being that afraid of trying to get something done with Peters, since we have basically 3 years and umpteen million to do it with. That's what I am saying. Neither team is in a "desperate" situation to move on any of this. Both teams will overvalue their positions, get to an impasse, nothing gets done, it goes away....except Buffalo gets to test the water to see what people think Peters is actually worth.

The only way I see it happening is if Philly thinks its going for one last shot at the SB before the end of McNabb/Reid/Westbrook = big rebuild and figures they have to start all over again anyway, why not go after Peters as a known quantity both to help them go for the big one, and then to be the cornerstone of the rebuilding process?

Yeah, because Peters clearly lost all of his god given ability.

Sorry, but Peters has talent that not more than 2 tackles in this league have. Its rare to find. I'd take my chances that he returns to form before I pin our offensive production on a rookie left side of the line and tackles who don't come close to Peters' potential.

Not only has he not played up to his reputation, he missed the last two games last year, plus didn't even start playing til 3 =4 games in. The year before he missed games as well... They wont get two 1st round picks for him, but if they get a 1 and 2, they have to take it. If he doesnt get what he wants, he will be the cancer this year and NOT TO.

Lets continue to build, there are good tackles in the draft and yes there are no guarantees they are as good, but hey thats life. The same draft we took Williams #5 overall, we got our franchise LT in free agency. Thats how it goes, make the trade!

Why stop there, lets get as many as possible :thumbsup:

The value in the NFL draft is the 2nd thru 4th round....all the 1st round brings is large signing bonuses for a job well done in college (unless there is that rare phenom). SIGN PETERS!!!! AND STOP THIS NON-SENSE !!!

You know how nobody really wants that Top 3 or top 5 pick b/c of all the guaranteed money?

Well, if the Bills were stuck with the 3rd pick they could almost be certain on getting a top LT with (Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe) and if they love those guys, then it would not be ridiculous at all.

I would say that it would have to take an unreal deal...more than 2 number one's from Philly b/c we still end up without a question mark at LT. Now next year if D. Bell takes over for say an injured L. Walker at RT or J Peters and shows he is lights out then everything changes doesn't it? Probably not b/c the new contract is already in place most likely unless he just agrees to play in 2009 with the current contract and we know there's about a 2% chance of that.

Too many reasons why it does not make very much sense to trade Peters...