So the Mayor of Philly says it was a hoax

That makes them "enfranchisers".  The democratic poll watchers are not going to suburbs to "prevent voter fraud".  They are going to districts where the republican disenfranchisers are trying to keep as many democrats from voting as possible by any means they can think of.  Does it not concern you that these idiots read the wrong counter (I doubt that was an "honest mistake") resulting in the story that ran nationally, even attracting lots of attention here and also causing those machines to be taken out of service while the allegation, crap though it was, was investigated?  Either those republican "poll watchers" are morons completely unsuited to be involved with the voting process or they did this on purpose to depress the vote in the city of Philadelphia.  Either conclusion, that they are evil or simply stupid, is a real problem.

96978[/snapback]

You know, I vaguely remember you standing up for the terminally stupid in Florida who couldn't figure out how to punch a fuggin' ballot that NYC fourth graders handled with ease.

Oh, that's right. They agreed with your political view.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know Mayor Street very well, do you?

96972[/snapback]

I just called him a liar and a weasal. These guys lie but they do it in such a way to weasal out of it. Please give me a direct quote from him, in full, in context, where it is irrefutable and with no wiggle room where he just said a total, intentional, flat out lie on National Television. Maybe there is one.

I just called him a liar and a weasal. These guys lie but they do it in such a way to weasal out of it. Please give me a direct quote from him, in full, in context, where it is irrefutable and with no wiggle room where he just said a total, intentional, flat out lie on National Television. Maybe there is one.

96988[/snapback]

You need me to dig up the archives, where he said that the FBI bug was planted in his office "because he is black." You mean, stuff like that?

You need me to dig up the archives, where he said that the FBI bug was planted in his office "because he is black." You mean, stuff like that?

96993[/snapback]

That's precisely my point. He said that because it can never really be proven wrong. It's his opinion. It's absurd, but it is still an opinion. What he said on Fox today could easily be proven wrong.

CBS is definitely lefty, but ABC? They are the only real fair and balanced network going. They are owned by a bunch of right wingers. How could you group them with CBS?

96964[/snapback]

Have you watched Peter Jennings? Remember what he said before president addressed the nation after 911.. "no matter what you believe... he is still our president"

Stephanopolis (sp)? Clinton's advisor....

Have your heard about ABC's political director, Mark Halperin and his instruction to be more critical of the President?

Fair & Balanced? Keep drinking the Kool-aid...

Outside of George Will.....

They should have realized that the mentally challenged would be voting for Bush and shouldn't have complained!!!! :D  :D  :huh:

96951[/snapback]

One of the patients where I work said he was voting for Bush because he though Bush was the owner of Busch beer. i didn't have the heart to tell him... :D

Probaly a better reason to vote than the anybody but Bush mentality... at least he was voting for a product they like...

97049[/snapback]

I don't understand what is so hard to understand about the "anyone but Bush mentality"? If you're on the Board of a company, and you're deciding whether or not to replace the CEO who, in your mind, has COMPLETELY screwed up the way the company has been run, lost respect all around your industry, lost a ton of money, didn't admit any mistakes were made, and the prospects weren't looking good for it to be turned around anytime soon... AND there wasn't a clear cut choice as CEO to replace him from a bunch of qualified but shaky candidates... what is so hard about you saying, "Anyone but the guy we got now".

We don't know what Kerry is going to do. We do know what Bush is going to do. A lot of people hate the way the country is going, so it is "anyone but Bush". Remember, I said in the example it is your opinion that those things have been wrong, please don't respond that Bush didn't do these things.

That makes them "enfranchisers". The democratic poll watchers are not going to suburbs to "prevent voter fraud". They are going to districts where the republican disenfranchisers are trying to keep as many democrats from voting as possible by any means they can think of. 

you must be smoking crack in your office mickey. republicans poll watch = bad, democrats poll watch = only to prevent republican fraud. And there are no democratic poll watchers in florida watching out for republican fraud? What about all of your fellow lawyers in Florida? Just watching out for bad stuff by the repubs, I understand. See, some of us can admit me were wrong, or admit that the blzrul happens on both sides.

We don't know what Kerry is going to do. We do know what Bush is going to do. A lot of people hate the way the country is going, so it is "anyone but Bush". Remember, I said in the example it is your opinion that those things have been wrong, please don't respond that Bush didn't do these things.

97065[/snapback]

Well Now I've heard everything...

The problem with your argument is that 80-90% of Bush voters strongly support thier candidate and believe the country is on the right path.... and yes we do know what Bush will do... thats why we are voting for him

Kerry voters are about 40% behind their candidate... the rest are anti-bush.... You don't know what Kerry will do and yet you blindly follow him? Those who don't know were they are going will never get there..

You blame Bush for everything and say he lies.... but when your candidate say the same things you overlook what he said...

Ahh but ignorance is bliss isn't it?

Well Now I've heard everything...

The problem with your argument is that 80-90% of Bush voters strongly support thier candidate and believe the country is on the right path.... and yes we do know what Bush will do... thats why we are voting for him

Kerry voters are about 40% behind their candidate... the rest are anti-bush.... You don't know what Kerry will do and yet you blindly follow him?  Those who don't know were they are going will never get there..

You blame Bush for everything and say he lies.... but when your candidate say the same things you overlook what he said...

Ahh but ignorance is bliss isn't it?

97089[/snapback]

Put it this way. If Al Gore was the President that won in 2000. And he did nothing about the war on terror. And he raised your taxes like crazy. And he put several liberals on the Supreme Court. And he did everything he could to increase government spending and lobbied for gay marriage and tried his best to be friends with France and Germany and let Saddam Hussein threaten us with weapons and yet did nothing about it. AND you didnt like the Republican candidate at all that was nominated against him. And didnt know exactly what that Republican was going to do if he was in office. You're telling me you would vote for Gore and wouldnt have the opinion of "Anyone but Gore"?

Put it this way. If Al Gore was the President that won in 2000. And he did nothing about the war on terror. And he raised your taxes like crazy. And he put several liberals on the Supreme Court. And he did everything he could to increase government spending and lobbied for gay marriage and tried his best to be friends with France and Germany and let Saddam Hussein threaten us with weapons and yet did nothing about it. AND you didnt like the Republican candidate at all that was nominated against him. And didnt know exactly what that Republican was going to do if he was in office. You're telling me you would vote for Gore and wouldnt have the opinion of "Anyone but Gore"?

97106[/snapback]

You mean like in 2000?

97106[/snapback]

Thank God we don't live in that fantasy..

GWB did something about the war on terror..

GWB lowered my taxes..

GWB has not had an opportunity to appoint a new member to Supreme Court...

GWB believes that Marriage is between a man and a woman...so do I.. not against some sort of civil union,,,,but not the same as marriage..

GWB does not try to be best friends with those whose interest are against the US interest... He was elected to represent the US... not corrupt government overseas.

I continue to vote for someone who represents my interests... sometimes that person doesn't win... but I never vote for someone who I don't know what they will do just because he is running against someone I don't like... Thats just stupid!

Fortunately I have always been able to vote for someone based on thier record... Problem with Kerry is he only has a record of saying whatever he he thinks people want to hear... all sides of all issues... has no real principles except to blame america first.... He is the perfect Monday morning QB.. can tell you all the things that went wrong but can offer any suggestions how to fix things.... oh I forgot He has a PLAN!!

What was that Plan again?

I think everyone should vote for someone they believe in...

Thank God we don't live in that fantasy..

GWB did something about the war on terror..

GWB lowered my taxes..

GWB has not had an opportunity to appoint a new member to Supreme Court...

GWB believes that Marriage is between a man and a woman...so do I..  not against some sort of civil union,,,,but not the same as marriage..

GWB does not try to be best friends with those whose interest are against the US interest... He was elected to represent the US... not corrupt government overseas.

I continue to vote for someone who represents my interests... sometimes that person doesn't win... but I never vote for someone who I don't know what they will do just because he is running against someone I don't like... Thats just stupid!

Fortunately I have always been able to vote for someone based on thier record... Problem with Kerry is he only has a record of saying whatever he he thinks people want to hear... all sides of all issues...  has no real principles except to blame america first.... He is the perfect Monday morning QB.. can tell you all the things that went wrong but can offer any suggestions how to fix things.... oh I forgot He has a PLAN!!

What was that Plan again?

I think everyone should vote for someone they believe in...

97179[/snapback]

Thanks for completely ignoring the question. It doesn't matter one bit if you believe that Bush is doing great, or isn't doing all those things I listed, about 50% of the population think he's doing abysmal and those are the people that you and me are referring to. Only those people. The "anyone but Bush" crowd. You're complaining that their position of "Anyone but Bush" is stupid and irrational, but I am assuming by your complete refusal to answer the hypothetical that you would feel the same way if fortunes were reversed. If not, please explain why you would vote for Gore's re-election or not vote at all and help allow Gore to be re-elected. I didnt use those examples because I necessarily believe them to be true, I used them because they seemed to be the inverse of the dilemma that "anyone but Bush" voters are feeling.

Thanks for completely ignoring the question. It doesn't matter one bit if you believe that Bush is doing great, or isn't doing all those things I listed, about 50% of the population think he's doing abysmal and those are the people that you and me are referring to. Only those people. The "anyone but Bush" crowd. You're complaining that their position of "Anything but Bush" is stupid and irrational, but I am assuming by your complete refusal to answer the hypothetical that you would feel the same way if fortunes were reversed. If not, please explain why you would vote for Gore's re-election or not vote at all and help allow Gore to be re-elected. I didnt use those examples because I necessarily believe them to be true, I used them because they seemed to be the inverse of the dilemma that "anyone but Bush" voters are feeling.

97200[/snapback]

50% of the voters even think? That's news.

Thanks for completely ignoring the question. It doesn't matter one bit if you believe that Bush is doing great, or isn't doing all those things I listed, about 50% of the population think he's doing abysmal and those are the people that you and me are referring to. Only those people. The "anyone but Bush" crowd. You're complaining that their position of "Anyone but Bush" is stupid and irrational, but I am assuming by your complete refusal to answer the hypothetical that you would feel the same way if fortunes were reversed. If not, please explain why you would vote for Gore's re-election or not vote at all and help allow Gore to be re-elected. I didnt use those examples because I necessarily believe them to be true, I used them because they seemed to be the inverse of the dilemma that "anyone but Bush" voters are feeling.

97200[/snapback]

What is it about... "I continue to vote for someone who represents my interests... sometimes that person doesn't win... but I never vote for someone who I don't know what they will do just because he is running against someone I don't like... Thats just stupid!"... that you don't understand?

you must be smoking crack in your office mickey. republicans poll watch = bad, democrats poll watch = only to prevent republican fraud. And there are no democratic poll watchers in florida watching out for republican fraud? What about all of your fellow lawyers in Florida? Just watching out for bad stuff by the repubs, I understand. See, some of us can admit me were wrong, or admit that the blzrul happens on both sides.

97067[/snapback]

How would you explain the lack of "poll watchers" in republican precincts, ie, the suburbs? The notion that republicans do better when turnout is low is not exactly a new one hence, the republican party has an interest in suppressing voter turnout in traditionally democratic locations. Republicans have sent "poll watchers" to such precincts ostensibly to prevent voter fraud but for some reason they are not worried about voter fraud in traditionally republican precincts since they aren't dispatching poll watchers to those areas. The democrats have not responded by shipping poll watchers to the suburbs to suppress turnout under the guise of preventing voter fraud but have instead sent their poll watchers to follow the republican poll watchers. It would be silly of them to do otherwise as they have far more to gain by preventing voter suppression in democratic districts by republicans than to try and do the samething themselves in republican districts. Any one with a calculator can figure that out.

The first "voter fraud" story of the day on the board turns out to be an example of just what I allege here. Republican poll watchers dispatched to Philly precincts that are democratic strongholds peddling a bs allegation about vote planting in the voter machines. It turns out to be that those poll watchers were either idiots or made a false allegation on purpose. Neither conclusion reflects well on the claim that they are innocently trying to prevent voter fraud rather than to not so innocently suppress turnout in a democratic precinct.

I don't mean to say that there are no democrats that would be willing to play dirty pool. When it comes to voter suppression however, they simply have too little to gain trying to accomplish such a thing in republican areas.

97200[/snapback]

You could also argue that maybe this is what happened to Germany in the 1930's and we all know how that turned out...

What is it about... "I continue to vote for someone who represents my interests... sometimes that person doesn't win... but I never vote for someone who I don't know what they will do just because he is running against someone I don't like... Thats just stupid!"... that you don't understand?

97205[/snapback]

So in other words, you would NOT vote for the GOP candidate in this election and would sit back and do nothing but accept that Al Gore was re-elected, that your taxes were raised, that Saddam was terrorizing the U.S., that liberals were running the Supreme Court, that government was expanding and gay marriage was being promoted by the President you weren't opposing with your vote. Hmm... I don't know you well, but that non-vote and appearance that all is well in the political world is kind of surprising.