I Despise Hillary, But I Hate Actors More

Wait, Hillary Clinton is NOT an actor? Albeit, her acting is about the level of Community Theater, but I didn't see her do much of anything as a Senator, then she "deserves" the Presidency, and doesn't get it, and now it's Secretary of State? I am still waiting for her to accomplish something that can be reasonably attributed to effort that she has lead or organized or done personally.

All I have seen her do so far is fail: health care, then Senator, then lose for President.

So yeah, she has to be an actor. Until she does something clearly tangibly useful, anything, that belongs to her, besides be a Clinton, she will always be merely acting like she belongs...repeating the liberal bumper stickers every so often, etc.

Mostly lacking substance, and definitely lacking consequence...a very pathetic figure ultimately, and quite an acting job to convince people to even pay attention to her still.

Clint Eastwood is a bad ass. I would vote for him.

Reminds me of a story. I was working at Nicky Blair's on Sunset when Clint was running for mayor of Carmel. Nicky had a bet with him that he'd buy Clint dinner if he won. Well when he did win he came in one night right as the restaurant was about to open. A freaked out waiter came in the kitchen yelling "where's Nicky, where's Nicky?" I asked why. "Well Clint Eastwood's out front looking for him saying "tell Nicky I'm here to collect."

The story is much better in person when I use my don't !@#$ with me Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry voice.

I'm not a big fan of actors running their mouths about something other than their profession. It's been my experience that most of them just run their mouths to hear themselves speak. They feel like they need a cause of some sort, or can use their celebrity status to hang out with political celebrities.

But I also don't mind admitting that I've seen Gere interviewed a number of times, and he is the exception, not the rule. The dude is smart as shiiit, at least as it pertains to Tibet, and has donated not just a ton of money, but also a ton of personal time, to his cause. And he has done so in a completely respectful manner. He doesn't need to stand on a stage and piss on whomever is president at the time. He just does what he can to make things better.

Seriously. I've really come to respect what he does. The fact that he was critical of Hillary Clinton only makes him more likeable to me. (Although, the fact that he hangs out with Nancy Pelosi makes me want to vomit.)

Richard Gere has principles and stands by them, no matter how unpopular. I may not always agree with him but I respect the fact that he's true to his principles while being tolerant of others and theirs.

Wait, Hillary Clinton is NOT an actor? Albeit, her acting is about the level of Community Theater, but I didn't see her do much of anything as a Senator, then she "deserves" the Presidency, and doesn't get it, and now it's Secretary of State? I am still waiting for her to accomplish something that can be reasonably attributed to effort that she has lead or organized or done personally.

All I have seen her do so far is fail: health care, then Senator, then lose for President.

So yeah, she has to be an actor. Until she does something clearly tangibly useful, anything, that belongs to her, besides be a Clinton, she will always be merely acting like she belongs...repeating the liberal bumper stickers every so often, etc.

Mostly lacking substance, and definitely lacking consequence...a very pathetic figure ultimately, and quite an acting job to convince people to even pay attention to her still.

Keep in mind that politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle thought she was a good choice for her new position. :blink:

Reminds me of a story. I was working at Nicky Blair's on Sunset when Clint was running for mayor of Carmel. Nicky had a bet with him that he'd buy Clint dinner if he won. Well when he did win he came in one night right as the restaurant was about to open. A freaked out waiter came in the kitchen yelling "where's Nicky, where's Nicky?" I asked why. "Well Clint Eastwood's out front looking for him saying "tell Nicky I'm here to collect."

The story is much better in person when I use my don't !@#$ with me Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry voice.

Awesome story, thanks Jim!

Keep in mind that politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle thought she was a good choice for her new position. :blink:

And she's off to a great start. The Russians are going to be a piece of cake after the 'reset'. Stroke of genius there.

I'm not a big fan of actors running their mouths about something other than their profession. It's been my experience that most of them just run their mouths to hear themselves speak. They feel like they need a cause of some sort, or can use their celebrity status to hang out with political celebrities.

But I also don't mind admitting that I've seen Gere interviewed a number of times, and he is the exception, not the rule. The dude is smart as shiiit, at least as it pertains to Tibet, and has donated not just a ton of money, but also a ton of personal time, to his cause. And he has done so in a completely respectful manner. He doesn't need to stand on a stage and piss on whomever is president at the time. He just does what he can to make things better.

Seriously. I've really come to respect what he does. The fact that he was critical of Hillary Clinton only makes him more likeable to me. (Although, the fact that he hangs out with Nancy Pelosi makes me want to vomit.)

Usually I don't like actors or other entertainers spouting off either. But some of them, I repeat, some of them, take the time to learn a lot about what they are involved in and actually walk the walk. Gere is one of them. He's one smart, informed dude. Good post.

Most of them are still witless blowhards of course, or worse, abuse rather than use their celebrity.

Usually I don't like actors or other entertainers spouting off either. But some of them, I repeat, some of them, take the time to learn a lot about what they are involved in and actually walk the walk. Gere is one of them. He's one smart, informed dude. Good post.

Most of them are still witless blowhards of course, or worse, abuse rather than use their celebrity.

Can you imagine if they allowed Canadians to be actors? That's a double dose of dumb right there.

Hey good for him, I'm really proud that someone who probably works no more that six months a year and makes millions is well informed on something. :lol::blink:

But to speak for our SOS on what she really meant makes him sound like your basic blowhard, egotistical hollywood schmuck. But that's just me.