The Bills signed Terrell Owens because...

guru

1. They needed someone to "market" to their fans...

2...TO SELL TICKETS...because they were destined for a HUGE decline in ticket sales...

3...as they have no one on the roster who creates any hope or excitement that the 2009 season was going to be anything different than the last 8 seasons... B-)

4...a desperation move to create the perception that this is the piece of the puzzle they need to lift them to the next level...ie. make the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner

It is a bad fit because Dick Jauron...like Wade Phillips...is not a strong enough personality to keep Owens under control.

A few early season losses will soon create a sour taste in Owens' mouth and then...watch out!!!! :thumbsup:

The Bills have a very tough 2009 schedule...Owens alone is not enough to get the Bills into the playoffs.

Home: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, Cleveland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Away: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Atlanta, Carolina

If you see the Bills winning 10 games against these opponents, which 10 are they??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade Phillips has no backbone which is why he let the Johnson/Flutie era divide the locker room, and had the same thing happen to him in Dallas.

I'm no fan of Jauron, but the players love the guy. TO won't be able to get one player to turn against him, let alone divide the Bills locker room.

The Bills have a very tough 2009 schedule...Owens alone is not enough to get the Bills into the playoffs.

Home: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, Cleveland, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Away: Miami, New England, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Atlanta, Carolina

If you see the Bills winning 10 games against these opponents, which 10 are they??

So far, no one has attempted to answer this question!!

I will answer this question...before I do, your analysis is lame...Every team does things to sell tickets and generate revenue, if they didnt you wouldnt have a team in Buffalo, so quit complaining. Second, DJ wanted TO, so who cares if the added bonus to bring him in is the publicity.

Ten wins:

Miami is over rated and I feel will drop off this year...they shouldnt have even beat us twice last year. If we had better QB play we easily win both those games. With more weapons and more experience, Trent has every opportunity to step up and if he does, we will win both Mia games. Theres 2 wins...

Add to that Hou, Cle, KC, Jax and we are already at 6.

NO: They havent done enough to get better to this point. I think we win this game as well...7 wins

TB: With a shaky QB situation I think they struggle much in the same way we struggled last year. I dont see McCown being very effective. Win #8

Tenn: They will fall off next year, I think 8-8 is realisitic for them. The loss of Haynesworth last year greatly affected their D, and without that elite D they struggled to finsih the year because the offense isnt capable of carrying the team. Win #9

Atl and Carolina: Both are winnable games, and I think we win at least one, probably the Atl game. We can win both, but lets just say we split...there is 10 wins, maybe 11.

Jets: With no QB, they will be up and down...we at least split...there is potentially 12 + Wins

Indy, NE twice are much tougher games. I think Indy is more winnable than NE as Brady back in that offense is still a scary thought.

So, I think 10 wins is very realistic, and even 12 wins becomes possible. I will say this, this is dependent on Trent taking a big step forward. We will only go as far as he can take us...another year like 08, then we wont be in the playoffs...

Because it's completely pointless.

If someone showed you the Miami Dolphins schedule last season and asked you which games you saw them winning, would you have come even remotely close?

Man, if TO is going to win us 10 games by himself, he better learn to get 15 sacks, block for Trent WHILE running his routes, and become the HC and OC. Adding one player did not make this team lead by DJ a playoff caliber team.

2...TO SELL TICKETS...because they were destined for a HUGE decline in ticket sales...

3...as they have no one on the roster who creates any hope or excitement that the 2009 season was going to be anything different than the last 8 seasons... :flirt:

4...a desperation move to create the perception that this is the piece of the puzzle they need to lift them to the next level...ie. make the playoffs.

1. No they don't. Look around the stadium and you'll see jerseys of all varieties. Bills merchandise sales are not lagging.

2. Not true. Who said there was a huge decline in ticket sales? Because a couple fair weather fans post that they aren't renewing their tickets, that's the HUGE decline?

3. There are a few, but not many exciting players on the roster. TO jumps into the top 5.

4. definitely not a desperation move. A Toomer or J Galloway would have been a desperation move.

All in all, this is another typical miserable post on this board. Buffalo fans used to be tough and thick skinned. If a fan of another team trolled this board today, they'd think we are a bunch of whiny B word's. And unfortunately, I'd have to agree.

Man, if TO is going to win us 10 games by himself, he better learn to get 15 sacks, block for Trent WHILE running his routes, and become the HC and OC. Adding one player did not make this team lead by DJ a playoff caliber team.

I know, we were a playoff caliber team without him...

Lets be honest, we missed the playoffs last year because our QB play between Trent and JP became a liability during the second half of the season. Just getting Trent back on track and taking a step forward puts us in playoff talk. So assuming Trent steps up and makes important strides this year, we will be a playoff contender with or without TO. But with TO, we are now a VERY dangerous offense IF Trent can step into his own this year and elevate his progression...

Wade Phillips has no backbone which is why he let the Johnson/Flutie era divide the locker room, and had the same thing happen to him in Dallas.

I'm no fan of Jauron, but the players love the guy. TO won't be able to get one player to turn against him, let alone divide the Bills locker room.

I would not bet on that. Players like Stroud and Mitchell have come from franchises that were winning. Both have a better concept of what it takes to win in NFL than, say, players like Edwards and Whitner.

Edwards and Whitner would remain loyal to DJ only because they have no idea what "better" is.

(or as Trent once said. "Dick Jauron is the best Head Coach he is ever had in the NFL.")

How many stupid "roll out dump off to the FB" plays will it take before TO is in Stroud's and Mitchell's ears, telling them what a dumbass DJ is?

I will answer this question...before I do, your analysis is lame...Every team does things to sell tickets and generate revenue, if they didnt you wouldnt have a team in Buffalo, so quit complaining. Second, DJ wanted TO, so who cares if the added bonus to bring him in is the publicity.

Ten wins:

Miami is over rated and I feel will drop off this year...they shouldnt have even beat us twice last year. If we had better QB play we easily win both those games. With more weapons and more experience, Trent has every opportunity to step up and if he does, we will win both Mia games. Theres 2 wins...

Add to that Hou, Cle, KC, Jax and we are already at 6.

NO: They havent done enough to get better to this point. I think we win this game as well...7 wins

TB: With a shaky QB situation I think they struggle much in the same way we struggled last year. I dont see McCown being very effective. Win #8

Tenn: They will fall off next year, I think 8-8 is realisitic for them. The loss of Haynesworth last year greatly affected their D, and without that elite D they struggled to finsih the year because the offense isnt capable of carrying the team. Win #9

Atl and Carolina: Both are winnable games, and I think we win at least one, probably the Atl game. We can win both, but lets just say we split...there is 10 wins, maybe 11.

Jets: With no QB, they will be up and down...we at least split...there is potentially 12 + Wins

Indy, NE twice are much tougher games. I think Indy is more winnable than NE as Brady back in that offense is still a scary thought.

So, I think 10 wins is very realistic, and even 12 wins becomes possible. I will say this, this is dependent on Trent taking a big step forward. We will only go as far as he can take us...another year like 08, then we wont be in the playoffs...

Wow, that's optimistic. Completely unrealistic, IMO - but optimistic.

3...as they have no one on the roster who creates any hope or excitement that the 2009 season was going to be anything different than the last 8 seasons... :devil:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,146492

It is a bad fit because Dick Jauron...like Wade Phillips...is not a strong enough personality to keep Owens under control.

A few early season losses will soon create a sour taste in Owens' mouth and then...watch out!!!! :flirt:

Are the bills really at jacksonville for a 3rd consecutive season? Shouldn't they have to come up to buffalo every once in a while? I didn't read the rest of your post but I assume that's what you're mad about. And I for one completely agree, this is an outrage.

Wow, that's optimistic. Completely unrealistic, IMO - but optimistic.

Just curious...Which winnable games to you disagree with?

Hou, Cle, Jax and KC wont be very good next year. Hou and KC have the best shot at being solid, but both D's are still big liabilities, and I think they are looking at 7 to 9 wins at best. Cle and Jax will be sub .500 teams...

Do you really see Miami as a real contender? With Brady back, they have 2 more losses right there IMO. THey got lucky in a couple games last year and remind me of that Bears team DJ took to 13-3...a team who over achieved. They still have a weak WR core too...

Jets are not going to be very consistent with Clemens at the helm, and they their WR core is weak now without Coles.

Do you see the Saints being much more than they were this year? THey are returning essentially the same team...the same team that couldnt stop anyone...

Tenn was no where near the same team without Haynesworth last year...Collins is a year older and that offense is not capable of carrying that team, so if the D doesnt remain Elite they will struggle to duplicate their success IMO.

Do you see TB being good with McCown at QB? I just dont see it...

ATL and Carloina...both good teams, but I think they are still winnable...

3...as they have no one on the roster who creates any hope or excitement that the 2009 season was going to be anything different than the last 8 seasons... :devil:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,146492

A few early season losses will soon create a sour taste in Owens' mouth and then...watch out!!!! :flirt:

Based on everyone being healthy with the Addition of TO which makes the passing game better than it ever was make no mistake there as well as also making our running game instantly better as well.

The ten teams i see us beating now are 2 against miami, 2 against the Jets, houston, TB, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Carolina, Cleveland, and I also see us taken 1 from the PATS which equals 11.

Now that is based on everyone being healthu through out the season.

I just dont understand your tone of your post, Granted I was not an Advocate of TO coming here but I do recgonize hes one of the BEST revivers in this leaugue and match him opposite of the Best deep threat of the Leaugue compounded with our double head monster of RBS and Trents favorite receiver Josh Reed and you have a diaster for opposin DC's to try to figure what they are going to do Take out TO, Take out LEE, Stop the RUN it gets me excited about it. I dont care what you here about his past relationships. TO has had GREAT first years with all of his teams and a great 2 years with dallas. Minimal distraction it wasnt until wade came to town it all got messed up and I can see it being wades fault look how he hanlded the RJ flutie situation. I beleive DJ is better equipped to handle the situation and not to mention TO is playing for a contract expect the best out of him this year and be happy this team has finally adressed the WR problem we have had since the depature of moulds.