John Clayton reporting 2-4 game suspension possibility for Marshawn

Magox

ESPN's John Clayton believes that Marshawn Lynch is facing a 2-4 game suspension after pleading guilty to illegal gun charges Thursday.

Clayton thinks the league will hold Lynch's 2008 hit-and-run incident against him when his case is reviewed under the conduct policy. The league does not take gun incidents lightly, and Buffalo is actively pursuing contingency plans.

No news here. A suspension has been expected by anyone familiar w/ the NFL's recent actions. I suspect 4 games, due to this being 2 strikes...Thank goodness we've got Freddy J, and this is why we took a hard run at Fred Taylor.

ESPN's John Clayton believes that Marshawn Lynch is facing a 2-4 game suspension after pleading guilty to illegal gun charges Thursday.

Clayton thinks the league will hold Lynch's 2008 hit-and-run incident against him when his case is reviewed under the conduct policy. The league does not take gun incidents lightly, and Buffalo is actively pursuing contingency plans.

Let's hope it is just two but more importantly let's hope Lynch learns his lesson and does not keep this up.

Hasn't this been reported for weeks now?

Four games would be my guess. Carrying a gun, even in the trunk, is a major, major problem. It is so easy for something to go very seriously wrong. You have a young guy with a lot of money who is bombing around with pot in his car, drinks often and has a firearm in his car. Nope, now way that could turn tragic. I think the league will want to whack him but good and try to wake him up. Four games at least and when he comes back, DJ should make him earn back the starting job from Freddie assuming Freddie is playing well and unhurt. He needs to know that the goose laying golden eggs in his back yard is easily killed.

I have defended him on many occasions but this is pretty much it for me, this should be his last chance. He is really looking more and more like a major crime waiting to happen.

This is proof once again why John Clayton is one of the best in the business! :lol:

If he gets suspended can he come to training camp?

Any suspension would take effect during the regular season, so yes, Lynch would still be with the team during camp/preseason games.

But this can't be. No way he gets suspended. Or maybe one game at most. His issue last year certainly won't be taken into account. I know all this because I read it right here from the experts on TSW.

You're reading the wrong "experts," then.

But this can't be. No way he gets suspended. Or maybe one game at most. His issue last year certainly won't be taken into account. I know all this because I read it right here from the experts on TSW.

I said all along that he will get at least two games but I'll still be surprised if he winds up seerving any more than that.