The New "Lead Law"

I was aware of that.

The CPSU also issued rules (which I understand are under "review") about lead in clothing. They would require testing of all articles, which would wipe out clothing donations to places like Goodwill, The Salvation Army, and so forth. Also community collections for winter jackets for the poor, craft makers, and so on.

Don't forget the $175 per head tax on dairy cattle, the $87.50 per head on beef cattle and $20 per head on hogs (Blzrul excluded - she's a Dem so likely will be exempted like Nancy Pelosi's American Samoa business interests).

It's about time those milk drinkers started paying their "fair share".

How horrifying that people are so grossly stupid as to accept without question the premise that taxation will result in less greenhouse gases.

Oh well....freedom was pretty cool for a couple hundred years, wasn't it?

Don't forget the $175 per head tax on dairy cattle, the $87.50 per head on beef cattle and $20 per head on hogs (Blzrul excluded - she's a Dem so likely will be exempted like Nancy Pelosi's American Samoa business interests).

Holy sh--. Sombeody actually thinks that taxing dairy cattle will reduce global warming emissions?

SHOOT the buggers. That'll reduce emissions. Taxing them...not so much.

Holy sh--. Sombeody actually thinks that taxing dairy cattle will reduce global warming emissions?

SHOOT the buggers. That'll reduce emissions. Taxing them...not so much.

Living up in San Francisco you're bombarded with buz words. There's green of course and sustainable but my favorite is humane cattle farming. What makes it humane? Do they sing it songs as they're bashing it over the head with a sledge hammer.

Living up in San Francisco you're bombarded with buz words. There's green of course and sustainable but my favorite is humane cattle farming. What makes it humane? Do they sing it songs as they're bashing it over the head with a sledge hammer.

Those idiots go so far out of their way to sound "informed" on the most trivial, banal non-issue, that the don't realize that they have over-compensated to the point of sounding ridiculous instead, especially when it comes the big important stuff.

My last trip out there, this fool of a woman was trying to tell me why corporations are bad, and that all that was needed was "educating yourself". I refused to break the "never argue with fools or drunks rule"(that I do all the time here is beside the point, this was real life), so I merely asked: "what exactly should I be educating myself with, specifically?" Her response? Deer caught in headlights, followed by immediate, unintelligible words, basically a meltdown.

It's funny, because I have been hearing the "educating yourself" line since my first trip out there in 97. I actually think they have been saying it so long, that they don't even know what it means anymore. Kind of like an Uber-Cliche. :thumbdown: So if you want to have fun with them, I highly suggest simply asking them "with what" ever time that say it, and enjoy the nervous breakdown that will almost definitely ensue.

On the flip side, if they do have an answer, you can really torture them by telling them that their material is out of date. That blows the whole damn, smug, "I know better than you" thing right out of the water, and makes them crazy. Careful, that one is for outdoor use only though.

I don't know about cattle, but I know PETA insists that in chicken farming, "humane" treatment requires playing classical music to them.

'Cause I don't know about you, but when I'm eating a 6-piece Chicken McNuggets, I want to know they were raised on Dvorak and Prokofiev before their heads were brutally ripped from their bodies.

It's funny, because I have been hearing the "educating yourself" line since my first trip out there in 97. I actually think they have been saying it so long, that they don't even know what it means anymore. Kind of like an Uber-Cliche. :thumbdown: So if you want to have fun with them, I highly suggest simply asking them "with what" ever time that say it, and enjoy the nervous breakdown that will almost definitely ensue.

You mean bobbing your head like a humanly raised chicken at the NYT op ed page doesn't count as "educating yourself"? Uh oh...I know some people that are going to be disappointed.

I don't know about cattle, but I know PETA insists that in chicken farming, "humane" treatment requires playing classical music to them.

'Cause I don't know about you, but when I'm eating a 6-piece Chicken McNuggets, I want to know they were raised on Dvorak and Prokofiev before their heads were brutally ripped from their bodies.

I will tell you though on the drive from LA to SF on the 5 freeway you pass Harris Ranch and see this feedlot. This picture doesn't really show the magnitude of the place, it's fricken huge. But you compare it to this "feedlot". I can see what they mean by humane, but they're still on death row. I just want do know which tastes better. I'm going to find out this weekend because I'm going to by some of this guy's steaks from the local farmer's market.

I've driven by there once. I've heard that if you eat at the restaurant there, it's some of the best beef in the state. probably because it's so fresh. It's almost as if you could say " I want a T-bone from THAT one.

I've driven by there once. I've heard that if you eat at the restaurant there, it's some of the best beef in the state. probably because it's so fresh. It's almost as if you could say " I want a T-bone from THAT one.

Kind of like Milliways one of my favorite restaurants. The food's ok but the floor show is out of this world.