Sabres sign Connolly to new contract

PastaJoe

This has to lead you to believe that they're playing to get to the playoffs and go on a deep run THIS season. If not, they could've easily dealt Connolly away to a team looking for a scorer for the rest of the season for prospects/picks to build for the year(s) to come. With this happening, the Sabres aren't done making moves today IMO.

"Hey Tim, I know you have played 80 games in the last 3 years and only have a career high of 55 points. But hey, here's a $1.5 million raise." :beer:

I like the guy but it is a very questionable move.

Yeah, I don't get this at all. Fine to resign him, but with a big raise?? Hopefully it's all incentive based.

Sabres traded Ales Kotalik to Edmonton for 2nd round pick, and then got Dominic Moore from Toronto for a 2nd round pick. If that's all they did, then they really didn't improve the team, and are telling the fans that they aren't serious about a playoff run this year with their lack of scoring, and soft play by most of the defense.

I'm surprized and happy. Small token for the infamous "OOPS!" of a couple off-seasons ago, but a step forward. He is a great playmaker!

Yeah, giving a raise to a guy who has barely played the equivelant of 1 season over 3 years is a way to make better the past OOPs! by the current GM

DR is a hack of a GM and got lucky that he had a team built for the "New NHL". Instead of adapting when the league went back to the Old NHL, he continues to spend his time hoping the league will go back again.

Connolly just ripped Buffalo off for even more money. What did he do to deserve any kind of raise from the front office? He has yet to show he can last a full season

Sabres traded Ales Kotalik to Edmonton for 2nd round pick, and then got Dominic Moore from Toronto for a 2nd round pick. If that's all they did, then they really didn't improve the team, and are telling the fans that they aren't serious about a playoff run this year with their lack of scoring, and soft play by most of the defense.

Kotalik is one of the biggest waste of spaces on the team. His only purposes in shootouts.

If only Ales had a sac...

If that's all they did, then they really didn't improve the team, and are telling the fans that they aren't serious about a playoff run this year with their lack of scoring, and soft play by most of the defense.

You obviously have not seen Moore or Kotalik play all year....that is a HUGE upgrade...plus a guy who can win faceoffs.....and then geting a goalie for nothing...I'm sorry Regier could not get Crosby, Phaneuf, and Pronger in a 3 way trade for Max and Tallinder!

Kotalik is one of the biggest waste of spaces on the team. His only purposes in shootouts.

If only Ales had a sac...

I know your right, but he was the best pure shooter on the team. I am a sucker for those sniper types...but I know there is more to it than that...

YES!!! I love no heart, soft as play dough quitters!

You can knock the guy all you want for his myriad of injuries, but to say he has no heart, and plays soft is just flat out wrong. I think he plays with a recklessness, which has caused some of his injuries. When Gomez ran Miller a few weeks back, the only Buffalo Sabre to retaliate at all, was Connolly. He throws his body all over the place.

If the Sabres could have gotten a sure fire player who could contribute to the team, now, I would have been all for dealing Connolly. But, he is just too talanted to give up for nothing, and that is likely the only offers the Sabres got, given his injury history. I know it is redundant, but if he stays healthy, he can be one of the best centers in the leaugue. If not, he is just another scratch. I think this is one time where I can justify a non-deal... good move by the Sabres, IMO.

You can knock the guy all you want for his myriad of injuries, but to say he has no heart, and plays soft is just flat out wrong. I think he plays with a recklessness, which has caused some of his injuries. When Gomez ran Miller a few weeks back, the only Buffalo Sabre to retaliate at all, was Connolly. He throws his body all over the place.

If the Sabres could have gotten a sure fire player who could contribute to the team, now, I would have been all for dealing Connolly. But, he is just too talanted to give up for nothing, and that is likely the only offers the Sabres got, given his injury history. I know it is redundant, but if he stays healthy, he can be one of the best centers in the leaugue. If not, he is just another scratch. I think this is one time where I can justify a non-deal... good move by the Sabres, IMO.

I completely agree.

They look great tonight! Vanek & Max are back and Lalime looks All-World.