Sabres sign Connolly to new contract

PastaJoe

You obviously have not seen Moore or Kotalik play all year....that is a HUGE upgrade...plus a guy who can win faceoffs.....and then geting a goalie for nothing...I'm sorry Regier could not get Crosby, Phaneuf, and Pronger in a 3 way trade for Max and Tallinder!

This is Moore's 5th team in 4 years (NYR,Pitt,Min,Tor,Buf). Makes you wonder why he can't stick. I wasn't expecting a top talent, but at least get a solid vet like Bill Guerin or a power forward like Eric Cole, both of whom were moved for reasonable costs.

This is Moore's 5th team in 4 years (NYR,Pitt,Min,Tor,Buf). Makes you wonder why he can't stick. I wasn't expecting a top talent, but at least get a solid vet like Bill Guerin or a power forward like Eric Cole, both of whom were moved for reasonable costs.

I somewhat understand your point, but the two examples you provided probably aren't the best ones to convey your points:

I believe Guerin has a No Trade Clause, and Cole really wanted to go back to Carolina.

Both have been disappointments this year. Maybe Cole can re-gain that edge he had with Carolina again, but he's been a bust for the most part this season with Edmonton, 27 points and a -3. Guerin is making 4M and is -15. A few years ago, I would have a wanted him, but he's not an impact player. They got a pretty good rent a player center in Moore, Vanek is back on the ice, and if Max can continue to play like he did last night, I think they make the playoffs. Everyone wants something for nothing, Buffalo didn't have a lot to offer in exchange for an elite player.

So why is being on a 5th team in 4 years a shot against Moore but it isn't for Guerin (Dallas, St. Louis, San Jose, Islanders, Pittsburgh)?

yeah....what he said! :rolleyes: