What about Amani Toomer??

gfalk87

The way its looking right now the Bills should forget about signing Coles and try to sign veteran WR Amani Toomer. At 35 he still has a few good years left and will be a perfect complement to Evans. At 6-3 he could be the big target the Bills are looking for and he could serve as a mentor to James Hardy. He had 48 catches last year for 580 yards which are pretty solid numbers for a number two reciever. Not to mention he will come at a much cheaper price than what Coles is asking. Let me know what you think I am just puzzled at why the Bills wouldn't even consider bringing him in for a visit.

The way its looking right now the Bills should forget about signing Coles and try to sign veteran WR Amani Toomer. At 35 he still has a few good years left and will be a perfect complement to Evans. At 6-3 he could be the big target the Bills are looking for and he could serve as a mentor to James Hardy. He had 48 catches last year for 580 yards which are pretty solid numbers for a number two reciever. Not to mention he will come at a much cheaper price than what Coles is asking. Let me know what you think I am just puzzled at why the Bills wouldn't even consider bringing him in for a visit.

Yep - I see no reason why they shouldn't spend a few bucks and fly him in for a chat, either.

I don't know about "mentoring" being a thing, though...all teams have, and pay, coaches for that.

I would try and sign him to a two year contract. Either that or sign him to a one year deal with an option for a second depending on how he plays this year. Just a thought keep the feedback coming....

NO!!! Amani hans t been right since 2003 he has been injury proned and has not had one complete season since 2003 no thanks. PASS> :rolleyes:

NO!!! Amani hans t been right since 2003 he has been injury proned and has not had one complete season since 2003 no thanks. PASS> :rolleyes:

Well - what's your solution? If there is indeed some need, I don't exactly see FA wr's beating the doors down to come to BUF...

I like toomer and he would be a great mentor to the young receiver and be cheap too. But at this stage of his career, he struggles to get separation. He won't be much of an upgrade over Josh Reed, if any. You say how the Giants ofense struggled without Burress. Teams won't respect Toomer as legit outside threat jsut liek they don't respect Reed. We need another difference maker.

Amani would be a good rotational player for us. He wouldn't be the consistent #2 WR we're looking for, but he could end up being a pleasant surprise. He was really phased out over the last 4 or 5 games in NY for some reason. I think he would be good for us. Maybe a 2 year deal with alot of incentives in it. He's a veteran that's a good route runner and knows how to get open. He's also 6'3" with long arms and can still get up over top of most CB's in the NFL.