Bills interested in Waters

jreed82

If Waters is that good of a player why would Pioli trade him and trade him to us of all teams? I don't think that we should do anything with the Chiefs, I'm still miserable about Bledsoe.

On a side note. Waters is upset because Pioli wouldn't meet with him on a one-to-one meeeting. DT Shaun Rogers in Cleveland is complaining about the same thing with Mangini. What, is this a Patriot thing?

why would he not trade him to us compared to other teams? we are not int he chiefs division

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the sound of this. Waters would be good fit next to Peters. I wouldn't expect any other FA OL signings

but I could still see us drafting a G or C in the middle rounds. My only wish is that we don't panic and pay

too much.

Bills | Interested in acquiring Waters

Sun, 01 Mar 2009 12:04:25 -0800

Pat Moran, of Scout.com, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in trading for Kansas City Chiefs OG Brian Waters, according to source.

Pat Moran? The biggest Bills hater on BillsFanZone.com?? He lives in his mom's basement.

PTR

I like the sound of this. Waters would be good fit next to Peters. I wouldn't expect any other FA signings

but I could still see us drafting a G or C in the middle rounds. My only wish is that we don't panic and pay

too much.

I agree I don't want to overpay, but we have the money, and I don't think he would be as expensive as what we paid Dockery. Either way its a good situation for us

Pat Moran? The biggest Bills hater on BillsFanZone.com?? He lives in his mom's basement.

PTR

Well, there is no question, and not Moran's reporting, that Waters has asked for a trade. That talk is all over the price and has been for days. Getting rid of a high-priced starting LG and then making a call to the Chiefs to inquire about a pro bowl starting LG who wants to be traded could be reasoned or inferred by virtually anyone living in their mom's basement.

If it takes a 2nd, or maybe even a 3rd round pick, along with a new contract, I'd rather pass on Waters and sign someone in free agency that is good and avoid losing the high picks.

I agree. I rather draft a player with one of those picks than to use it on an aging disgruntled player who is looking for a bigger contract.

why would he not trade him to us compared to other teams? we are not int he chiefs division

Because I don't think that Pioli would do anything that would benefit us when we're in the same division as his buddy/mentor Bill Belichick.

I agree. I rather draft a player with one of those picks than to use it on an aging disgruntled player who is looking for a bigger contract.

Because I don't think that Pioli would do anything that would benefit us when we're in the same division as his buddy/mentor Bill Belichick.

I think that might be a stretch. I really don't believe he is too worried about trading a discontent 32 year old to Buffalo in the fear that the Bills are going to threaten the Patriots. Another thing, I know you had some insight of Pioli, but you make it seem as if they have this love affair with one another and that they wouldn't dare make a decision that could possibly affect the other.

I don't discount your story, I just think that you are putting too much behind the story you heard or read or whatever.

If they have any intentions of trading Waters, and that is a big if, then I don't believe he fears trading him to the Bills, because the Bills will threaten the Patriots, specially if he thinks it could benefit his team

I found this article on him. He wants out of KC.

'Oh, and 22 players off the street probably could win two games. Haley has a good point there. Then again, 22 players off the street with Harm coaching? Yikes. That sounds like a Hollywood comedy in the making'.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2009/02/27/trou...uard-wants-out/

'HARM' Edwards! :wallbash: Classic!

Get Waters & Simmons!

I think that might be a stretch. I really don't believe he is too worried about trading a discontent 32 year old to Buffalo in the fear that the Bills are going to threaten the Patriots. Another thing, I know you had some insight of Pioli, but you make it seem as if they have this love affair with one another and that they wouldn't dare make a decision that could possibly affect the other.

I don't discount your story, I just think that you are putting too much behind the story you heard or read or whatever.

If they have any intentions of trading Waters, and that is a big if, then I don't believe he fears trading him to the Bills, because the Bills will threaten the Patriots, specially if he thinks it could benefit his team

I respect your opinion and maybe it's not just about the Pioli/Belichick relationship. I just don't think that we would be able to obtain Waters from Pioli for a reasonable price. What I do believe is that if Waters is all that then Pioli wouldn't trade him unless he got paid a hefty ransome from whoever. I'm out on this guy unless we can get him for no more than a 4th rder and even then I'm not too sure on that because right now I'm shooting from the hip and I don't know exactly where we are picking in the 4th.

PS- Don't think that that relationship doesn't run deep because it does and time will reveal that.

Some interesting notes on Waters.

He is definately unhappy, but that doesn't mean that the Chiefs are going to let him out of his contract. It makes no sense for a team trying to rebuild to alienate one (if not their best) offensive linemen.

I don't see this happening.

The Chiefs truly sucked last year, and coming from us that is saying something. They were almost always playing from way behind, had instituted a spread offense, had troubled runningback and QB situation, yet they managed to rush for 1810 yards at a 4.8 per average. The Bills by comparison ran for 1842 at a 4.2 per rush average.

Some other WIKI tidbits on Waters:

"Waters has established himself as a upper-echelon lineman, being All-Pro twice and invited to the Pro Bowl three times. During the 2004 NFL season, Waters was selected as the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his play during a game versus the Atlanta Falcons on October 24, 2004. The Chiefs scored an NFL record eight rushing touchdowns during that game. Waters is the only offensive lineman ever to receive this award in either conference."

If we sign Coles, we could give them Roscoe and a 5th round pick or something like that for Waters. Pioli and Cassel can have their version of Wes Welker and we don't have to give up a high pick. Fred Jackson returns punts with Leodis there when we need him.

Parrish = Welker?

:wallbash:

JMO, but Parrish has to get a LOT better at getting off the line of scrimmage before I make that comparison.

If we sign Coles, we could give them Roscoe and a 5th round pick or something like that for Waters. Pioli and Cassel can have their version of Wes Welker and we don't have to give up a high pick. Fred Jackson returns punts with Leodis there when we need him.

I'm having a hard time seeing how you can compare Parrish to Welker.

This sounds good. But Wes is a lot better than Parrish at WR. Parrish is a top 3 PR though.

Parrish = Welker?

:wallbash:

JMO, but Parrish has to get a LOT better at getting off the line of scrimmage before I make that comparison.

I dont think that Parrish will ever be as good as Welker (who I think is great). But he could be their version of him. They know how to get the ball out quick and right on the money to a smallish shifty player. Welker does get off the line a lot better than Parrish, without question, but I still think Parrish could be a very valuable WR if used right.