Coles

zdro22

I have never liked this guy. He is too similiar to what we have on this team already. Hes 5'11. He does not address our height need on the outside. He doesnt address our red zone problems either. Im glad they are active, but this isnt the answer in my opinion. Hes injury prone(foot) and not exactly 26, I believe hes 33. I just want to know why everyone is so excited. If they are trying to get speed on the outside at both spots, that doesn't seem to make sense with our average(atbest) armed qb.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt call him injury prone. I believe he has missed only a few games his whole career. Im not sold on the height argument either. Steve Smith is 5' 9" and he doesnt have any problems. As far as the red zone is concerned,if you dont think with Evans and Coles outside and Reed in the slot with Lynch/Jackson in the backfield doesnt improve our red zone options then you are mistaken. He is probably the best fit for this team considering the options.

I have never liked this guy. He is too similiar to what we have on this team already. Hes 5'11. He does not address our height need on the outside. He doesnt address our red zone problems either. Im glad they are active, but this isnt the answer in my opinion. Hes injury prone(foot) and not exactly 26, I believe hes 33. I just want to know why everyone is so excited. If they are trying to get speed on the outside at both spots, that doesn't seem to make sense with our average(atbest) armed qb.

Perhaps because he caught 70 passes last year? I he can catch 50 I don't care if he is 43.

Perhaps because he caught 70 passes last year? I he can catch 50 I don't care if he is 43.

Sounds like the same "FANTASY FOOTBALL" wish crap that has kept us away from the playoffs for 9 years....

This team needs lineman who can block,,,,and guys who can get to the passer....spending any big $$ on players that do anything other than those 2 things is fools gold

Because even though he is smaller, he is like a better version of Josh Reed. Which is like saying he's got a similar style to Andre. He isn't afraid of going over the middles, slants, etc... He's been injured a little, but his run after catch is damn good and he'll take the hit to make the catch. He's actually a perfect receiver for a west coast offense. Unlike Evans who is better for a vertical game. Coles and Josh Reed would actually be great receivers for Trant and would keep the chains moving.

Sounds like the same "FANTASY FOOTBALL" wish crap that has kept us away from the playoffs for 9 years....

This team needs lineman who can block,,,,and guys who can get to the passer....spending any big $$ on players that do anything other than those 2 things is fools gold

So you dont think we need a WR that has 7 more catches than are leading reciever 4 more TDS than our leading receiver and 12.1 avg per catch which is more than any receiver on our team with the exception of LEE evans. Not to mention he was the 2nd leading receiver on his team. He would be an asset because he is a possession type receiver who will allow Lee evans to get open more and gives Trent 3 receivers to throw to instead of one becuase hes afraid to throw to lee in double coverage all day.

Sorry I would take him not based on fantasy but the reality that he would be the 2nd best receiver on our team and not a Josh reed whos a 3rd and some think he can be a 2 when hes failed in that role ore times than not.

An for another poster who doesnt think we should get him because hes small please look at your top tamdems most receivers are 6ft only as i said before its not the size of the reciever that matters its their abilty to get open and catch the ball.

I agree. I probably watch at least 6 Jets games a year. Obviously the 2 vs. Buffalo then various division match ups or prime-time games. With watching them so much, I never once said "wow I wish we had Laveranues Coles or a receiver just like him". I guess I wouldn't complain if we got him, but I would think that his signing would not be a significant upgrade.

I agree. I probably watch at least 6 Jets games a year. Obviously the 2 vs. Buffalo then various division match ups or prime-time games. With watching them so much, I never once said "wow I wish we had Laveranues Coles or a receiver just like him". I guess I wouldn't complain if we got him, but I would think that his signing would not be a significant upgrade.

Josh Reed was born to play slot reciever. With Hardy out, Steve Johnson and Roscoe Parrish are our only options on the outside. You really don't think a guy who averages 900 yards a season is a significant upgrade over Roscoe Parrish? :w00t:

Josh Reed is a very solid possession receiver for the Bills. Let's face it he saved their butts many a time on long third down situations.

True...But JR is still not as good as LC overall...And that's not saying that Coles is all that...It's simply pointing out The Bills could use help at WR, and Coles is a heck of a lot better (and more proven) than most of the other options... :w00t:

I have said from the beginning with this Coles talk... I would rather them bring in Washington or Henderson and spend the larger money on another need. DE or OL... hell even TE.

Side note: Has anyone heard what the Pats will be doing with Ben Watson?