Little Danny Snyder

Every year this guy overspends for big ticket items and every year they either barely sqeak into the playoffs or miss them entirely. I get going after Haynesworth but not for that price, and DeAngelo Hall are you kidding me?

Enjoy another shortened season little Danny and thanks for driving up the price of talent in this league.

Every year this guy overspends for big ticket items and every year they either barely sqeak into the playoffs or miss them entirely.

I would love to barely squeak into the playoffs..

the Bills offseason plan apparently is to keep missing the playoffs all together

Every year this guy overspends for big ticket items and every year they either barely sqeak into the playoffs or miss them entirely. I get going after Haynesworth but not for that price, and DeAngelo Hall are you kidding me?

Enjoy another shortened season little Danny and thanks for driving up the price of talent in this league.

Yes as I posted yesterday, since Snyder took over the Redskins 10 seasons ago, they have 7 more wins than the Bills...I think it's 78 wins to 71 wins. How much more money have they spent? It would take a big-ass calculator to compute that.

the Bills offseason plan apparently is to keep missing the playoffs all together

You say that but it would get old real quick. If anything it would suck more knowing you spend money like a drunken sailor and still wind up losing.

PTR

Inguaranteed money, I think Hall made around $40-50 million in the last year now since he receieved $20-25 from the Raiders guaranteed, and then they cut him, and now another $20-25 mil in guaranteed from the Skins. The feds should be looking into trying to lock him up forthat much theft!

And like someone said, he is the perfect owner for most of the people posting in the last 48 hours, the guys crying cause the Bills haven't spent any money on Day one and let all the good players go

The problem with Snyder is he spends stupid money on players but undermines his coaches and front office every step of the way. If he hired real football people and let him do their jobs they'd be a pretty damn good team.

PTR

Actually, from what I hear from Redskins fans (and I know a couple of diehards) Snyder is not near the meddler that we seem to think he is, and he has really backed off from the coaches. He just wants his team to win. He may throw his money around like a drunken sailor on payday, but as a fan, wouldn't you love to see our team get a little more adventurous?

The problem with Snyder is he spends stupid money on players but undermines his coaches and front office every step of the way. If he hired real football people and let him do their jobs they'd be a pretty damn good team.

PTR

he sort of reminds you of ralph wilson...other than the "spending money" part, of course...

the redskins are the yankees of football.

there is one little difference

the yankees win

yankees have won championships more than any team in the last 15 years or for that matter ever. They went to 10 straight playoff appearances.

Let's see

the Redskins have won ummmm

oh ya

none

I honestly believe Haynesworth will go down as one of the biggest FA busts ever.

I'd give it a 70-30 chance. I'm guessing he gets very lazy and misses a lot of time due to injury.

I don't want to squeak into the playoffs I want a team that can win it all. The Bills haven't been doing that but neither has Snyder. He spends like a drunken sailor and has nothing to show for it. So people get on Ralph for not shelling out huge contracts and still losing. Ralph isn't a dimwit.

When Ralph hired Donahoe everybody in the league and all of the talking heads, that I can remember, thought it was a great idea. When he traded for Bledsoe everybody thought it was a great idea etc. etc. things haven't worked out but he IS trying. He's just not being a foolish idiot like Snyder.

Yes as I posted yesterday, since Snyder took over the Redskins 10 seasons ago, they have 7 more wins than the Bills...I think it's 78 wins to 71 wins. How much more money have they spent? It would take a big-ass calculator to compute that.

Exactly my point above. A lot of people don't care about the money they just want big names on the team and that's not a good way to win. The Steelers are the perfect example. They don't break the bank on FA's and have an incredible scouting department and the same goes for the Ravens. Money doesn't buy great teams. Great scouting does. Unfortunately it seems that even with Modrak's reputation as a great scout things are amiss in the scouting department.

Danny $nyder is the ideal owner for more than half the "fans" on this board.

:w00t: It's funny 'cause it's true.

the redskins are the yankees of football.

No, the Yankees have a bunch of WS rings to show for their spending.

Albert Haynesworth-DL- Redskins Feb. 27 - 10:02 pm et

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports that Albert Haynesworth's deal with the Redskins is effectively for four years, $48 million.

The $100 million figure looks good to his agent's potential clients, but Haynesworth isn't likely to see the last half of the contract. Haynesworth is due a $29 million "poison pill" in salary and bonuses in 2013, his age 32 season. It's possible that the contract will be renegotiated down the road, but the important number for Haynesworth is the $41 million in guarantees.