Skins only had 8.1 million in cap space

The Skins must be cheating like crazy to sign 156 million on 2 guys, with only 8.1 million in cap space. They do this all the time, dump tons of money on big name players. Yet, how many times have they made the playoffs since Snyder took over?

Free Agency annoys me more every year. I also just read tha they are in talks with Canty and Dockery.

Snyder may be an idiot, but I wouldn't have a problem with an owner who genuinely believed he was doing everything he could do win. The guy is trying to improve his team at all costs (literally.) I would rather have him than a guy that really doesn't give a sh--.

This is the last year of the CBA, right?

Bingo! As I just posted in another thread, Maryland (they don't play in Washington) is betting the farm on there being no CBA and an un-capped 2010 season. You can be certain Danny Snyder is going to strongly oppose any and all CBA proposals now.

The Skins must be cheating like crazy to sign 156 million on 2 guys, with only 8.1 million in cap space. They do this all the time, dump tons of money on big name players. Yet, how many times have they made the playoffs since Snyder took over?

Creative accounting, they've been doing it for years with no results...

I dunno how they do it. How dunno how it works..but it really seems unfair. But to be completely honest, Haynesworth is NOT worth this kind of money. He has only stayed healthy for a full year once and on top of that, I'll never forget him stomping on an opposing player w/ his cleats. He's a dirty player and I'll never rout for him. The money given to him is money you give a future hall of famer, not someone who has had only 2 really good seasons.

I just don't get it either!

Free Agency annoys me more every year. I also just read tha they are in talks with Canty and Dockery.

Snyder may be an idiot, but I wouldn't have a problem with an owner who genuinely believed he was doing everything he could do win. The guy is trying to improve his team at all costs (literally.) I would rather have him than a guy that really doesn't give a sh--.

You don't really believe that Ralph doesn't give a crap about winning do you. Check the facts and you'll see you're wrong.

Bingo! As I just posted in another thread, Maryland (they don't play in Washington) is betting the farm on there being no CBA and an un-capped 2010 season. You can be certain Danny Snyder is going to strongly oppose any and all CBA proposals now.

Great, I guess Snyder won't be on board with a lockout. :doh:

You don't really believe that Ralph doesn't give a crap about winning do you. Check the facts and you'll see you're wrong.

I think he cares about his checkbook more than winning. Did you forget that's why Jauron's still here? Or do you believe he's here for continuity. I think he cares about winning. It's just not a priority.

If I recall correctly, Clumpy back me up on this if I'm right, A team is allowed to spend over the cap, but must be below the cap on a specific date, I believe its in June. So watch Washington hemmorrage some players after the draft to get their numbers down.

Doesn't Washington do this every year?

If anyone is going to Vegas, put some money on the 'under' for the Skins win total for 2009. They'll be way overrated again.

Exactly. We've seen seen Snyder do this over and over again. He spends tons of money on players and his team has still yet to win a championship with him as owner.

Remember when the Skins signed both Dana Stubblefield & Dan Wilkinson? A lot of people were raving about the Skins having the best interior D-Line in football. Instead they became known as the "Washington Monuments".

This could happen to Haynesworth.

Wrong. Losing sucks even more when you spend a buttload of money for no results.

PTR

Exactly. We've seen seen Snyder do this over and over again. He spends tons of money on players and his team has still yet to win a championship with him as owner.

Snyder is the ultimate "I've heard of him!!" fan. Only he has the money to go out and throw it at crappy players with big names.

Polian said when he signed Saturday that the cap unexpectedly jumped from 123 to 127 mil. I don't know if that change came yesterday or the start of FA or what, but that's how the Colts got their man to the table.

If thats true of the Redskins, they have probably 12 million open. If the reports on cutting springs is true, thats up to 18 mil. And if they cut Taylor, I dont know how much more.

They'll find it, and even thought these deals will probably come back to hurt them, Snyder will shrug, cut these players and move on to pricier and more glamorous free agents down the road. He wont B word and moan and talk about personnel moves from 6 years ago that are still haunting the team and their bottom line, he'll say "we tried, we failed, move on." Thats what a good owner does.

You at least have to give the guy credit for TRYING to bring a champion to DC..

So you would feel better by your owner spending money on guys that underperform once the owner pays them millions and millions of dollars in guaranteed money?

People get way too crazy in free agency. We all would have loved Haynesworth for 8M a year but that was just not going to happen.

How did the Skins' do in the playoffs this year with all the spending they did? About as well as the Bills.

Formulas like the Steelers and the Pats work consistently which is not overpaying for the "top" free agents that year.