Who was the worst QB in Bills history?

BuffaloPride

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All time?

Johnny Green, Dan Darragh, Gary Marangi, Warren Rabb, James Harris, Joe Dufek, Ed Rutkowski, Kay Stephenson, and Matt Kofler. None of those guys completed even half of their attempts.

Bad QBing and the Buffalo Bills are nearly synonymous. Drew Bledsoe was barely here and is one of the All-Time greatest Bills QBs, for Pete's sake.

Dennis Shaw. How can you have guys like O.J., Marlin Briscoe, Haven Moses and Bob Chandler and NOT succeed?

I know I may catch hell for it, but when your HB is a star and blows apart defenses, you shouldn't be throwing 35 touchdowns and 68 friggin interceptions... he may have been worse than Losman in fact.

Dennis Shaw. How can you have guys like O.J., Marlin Briscoe, Haven Moses and Bob Chandler and NOT succeed?

I know I may catch hell for it, but when your HB is a star and blows apart defenses, you shouldn't be throwing 35 touchdowns and 68 friggin interceptions... he may have been worse than Losman in fact.

Dennis was a disaster, even if he was Rookie of the Year in 1970, beating out Calvin Hill, believe it or not...

One could also see Dennis in the Kelsay mode if one wanted, since the Bills drafted him only a year after drafting James Harris as a possible QB of the future. Harris had one disadvantage in the eyes of many in the Bills' brain trust, though... one related to his coming from Grambling. :doh:

All that being said, Shaw's horrid stats were also the fault of John "I'm an offensive genius, so I will use OJ as a decoy" Rauch.

But we can save that discussion for the "worst coach of all time" thread....

Dennis Shaw was rookie of the year. He is half way up the list of Bills QB's, not near the bottom.

The guy who said Willie Totten was pretty sharp too. Even when it was time to get a strike replacement QB we got the worst one.

As bad as Totten was, we also had Brian McClure who was actually even more pathetic.

Brian McClure 1 20 38 181 0 3 32.9

Willie Totten 2 13 33 155 2 2 49.4

But Brian won his only start, 6-3 in OT over the Giants.

Throw out the stats. He just wins! :D

I remember McClure looking very good in pre-season games. He was pissed at Marv, after the strike, because, he claimed, he was promised a spot on the team, with the "big boys" once the strike was over, if he crossed the picket line. I think they kept him a week or two, and then cut him. I think, because he went to Bowling Green, and was close sbout 6 foot 8, they thought they had a keeper... he kind of reminded me of Mark Wilson...

Rob Johnson may not have been the worst. But he was the biggest bust.

He only won 9 games, yet took home $18 million. That's 2 million per win.

In my mind, that makes him the worst.

Losman was with the team 5 years and won 10.

Don't get me wrong.....Losman wasn't the worst ever. Perhaps the most frustrating, but not the worst.

Losman was with the team 5 years and won 10.

Don't get me wrong.....Losman wasn't the worst ever. Perhaps the most frustrating, but not the worst.

O_o that is a big compliment from Bill, considering how hard he was on JPL.

I'll say JP was the most mismanaged QB in Bills history.

In my memory post 88, I can say that top 5 would be:

1. Billy Joe Homo

2. RJ (frustratingly stupid)

3. Travis Brown

4. Clod Tollins

5. Holcomb (couldn't throw more than 5 yards down the field.)

(losman would probably be next, imo)

I used to think it was Johnson, but atleast he started a playoff game and put us in a position to win. Losman has got to go down as the worst. His reference to Yoda in his first postgame press conference was classic. God what a boob.

Todd Collins/RJ