Who was the worst QB in Bills history?

BuffaloPride

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think it was Johnson, but atleast he started a playoff game and put us in a position to win. Losman has got to go down as the worst. His reference to Yoda in his first postgame press conference was classic. God what a boob.

Does Hobert count? I know he technically didn't start but he almost played a full game.

I used to think it was Johnson, but atleast he started a playoff game and put us in a position to win. Losman has got to go down as the worst. His reference to Yoda in his first postgame press conference was classic. God what a boob.

IIRC, Losman qouted a dude that qouted Yoda. Enough said. :thumbsup:

Does Hobert count? I know he technically didn't start but he almost played a full game.

he was handed the starting job by the Bills and decided it wasn't important to read the play book. I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter that he barely saw the field, that alone makes him the worst in Bills history. Atleast JP had a decent part of the season last year

Depends. What's the criteria? One start? Two starts? Full season starter? Fill in? Or is it which QB just plain and simply sucked the most?

As far as I can go back, I would have to say JP is the worst extended starter. Hobert was the worst fill-in. Alex Van Pelt was the worst short term starter.

Johnson and Losman aren't even candidates. A few other posters have mentioned Defect Dufek, Mathison, and Ferragamo. Considering only folks who had shots to be starters (thus immunizing Matt Kofler and Bill Munson), these guys were the worst possible. Between 1983 and 1985, this troika of misery terrorized our community, and I really hope that you're too young to have seen the horrors that scar some of our memories to this day. Of the three, Ferragamo (who had started a Super Bowl for the Rams before coming here) came with the highest expectations. But I think Mathison was the worst of the three.

Dan Darragh's stats aren't too good, either, but I'm not quite that old. Never saw him play. And I'm not sure he was intended to start--did he start games b/c of injuries?

Johnson and Losman aren't even candidates. A few other posters have mentioned Defect Dufek, Mathison, and Ferragamo. Considering only folks who had shots to be starters (thus immunizing Matt Kofler and Bill Munson), these guys were the worst possible. Between 1983 and 1985, this troika of misery terrorized our community, and I really hope that you're too young to have seen the horrors that scar some of our memories to this day. Of the three, Ferragamo (who had started a Super Bowl for the Rams before coming here) came with the highest expectations. But I think Mathison was the worst of the three.

Dan Darragh's stats aren't too good, either, but I'm not quite that old. Never saw him play. And I'm not sure he was intended to start--did he start games b/c of injuries?

Too early for me. I started watching the Bills in '88. Yeah, I know, I was a bandwagon fan. Who can blame me? Up until then I was purely a hockey fan. And I was only 14 years old. Watching sports wasn't very important to me back then. Now playing sports, that's a different story.

My crieteria: Started a game (excluding strike game)

Played during my time (1972- on)

#5- Todd Collins

#4- JP Losman

#3- Bruce Mathison

#2- Vince Ferragamo

#1- Joe Dufek

I hate to say it, but upon further review, despite the fact that he has became an institutional joke around here, Rob Johnson was a better QB than any of these guys.

Billy Joe Hobert

Yeah, probably. Given his 'nose to the grindstone' preparation ethics..

FWIW, not really a fair test. Case in point: Ferragamo played behind an OL in LA that totaled 26 Pro-Bowls (Smith, France, Hill, Saul and Harrah). In Buffalo, he ran away from Cross, Borchardt, Vogler, Grant and Ritcher..

Just sayin'.. :D