Doesn't keeping McIntyre

At least three plausible explanations for re-signing him:

He is a good special teams player.

He is a good lead blocker and they want to keep at least one of those on the roster.

The earlier comments by Schonert were a smoke screen. It's possible he'll be kept as a reserve and the Bills will actually be targeting a fullback in free agency or the draft.

Leonard Weaver? Heath Evans?

First he says that this will be a no full back system,

but now with cutting Royal, only a few weeks after Turk's statements,

we sign up Corey, and go the opposite direction.

Just sortof makes you wonder considering how seemingly unorganized our FO is

Hes our new starting RB since you said we are cutting beastmode

He also could've been resigned because they like him as a blocker in short-yardage situations.

I thought Fairchild started the no fullback policy, and they added one last year (the first year of Turk's regime). I might be wrong about that, though.

Does anyone have a source where Turk definitively states they will go without a true fullback?

I thought Fairchild started the no fullback policy, and they added one last year (the first year of Turk's regime). I might be wrong about that, though.

Does anyone have a source where Turk definitively states they will go without a true fullback?

He mused about the possibility of dropping the FB this year after he so successfully brought the position back like gangbusters last year. I'll search, I know it's around here somewhere :thumbsup:

He mused about the possibility of dropping the FB this year after he so successfully brought the position back like gangbusters last year. I'll search, I know it's around here somewhere :thumbsup:

That sounds about right. I don't think he proclaimed that he was dumping it, as the OP implied.

I got ya covered, BeerSphere...

link

Well done:

It’s undecided whether the Bills will use a true fullback in the offense. Last year’s fullback, Corey McIntyre, is an unrestricted free agent. But his snaps waned the second half of the season as the Bills ran more out of two tight end sets.

“Right now we’re evaluating our offense,” Schonert said. “We haven’t determined how much we’re going to use the fullback this year. We have some tight ends who you can put in the backfield as well. They’re versatile guys. All that evaluation is happening right now. I don’t know how much we’re going to use that guy and what type of guy that’s going to be.”

Here it is Deano:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/02/20/f...ange-for-bills/

One word. Continuity.