When can we cut John Guy?

genomich

You can understand missing a fair amount in the draft, but there is no excuse for such a poor batting average in pro scouting. Stroud is good, but everyone knew Stroud was good - he was a pro-bowler. The only genuine good signings of a Free Agents I can think of in recent years are Stroud, Langston Walker, Chambers, and maybe Bryan Scott. Jury is still out on Mitchell and Spencer Johnson, but they're looking at least ok (but so was Dockery after one year).

Guy is a JAG among NFL front office personnel.

Apparently, both he and his staff are never held accountable. Unless, other people (Dick Jauron and/or Marv) were the ones using the Pro Personnel Department's information to decide on which players to acquire. That's all I can think of, outside of him having naked pictures of someone.

Apparently, both he and his staff are never held accountable. Unless, other people (Dick Jauron and/or Marv) were the ones using the Pro Personnel Department's information to decide on which players to acquire. That's all I can think of, outside of him having naked pictures of someone.

I've hated John Guy since end of his first season. I've been on record here many times as to the piss poor job he has been doing. He is now part of the "inner circle." God help us.

It has been Ralphs MO for the whole life of this Franchise. The Bills where good twice, once when the league was formed they got off to a quick start. Then they sucked with Ralph being cheap and on occasion got lucky with good coaches and personal that would come here cheap for one reason or another Saban twice, and Knox. Then in the mid eighties he caught lightning in a bottle with a cast-off coach named Levy and a GM that no one had heard of in Polian. When it came time to pay these people(Saban twice, Knox, and Polian) Ralph showed that he wouldnt pay top money for good staff. So until we can catch lightning in a bottle with a young up and comer like Polian and Knox, or get someone who has pissed off a lot of people and cant get a job anywhere else, that we can hire probably twice, we will be stuck in medocrity.

Guy brings players in, but Jauron has final say on whether or not to sign them.

As much as Guy takes a hit for the fiascos in free agency (06 and 07) I believe you when saying DJ was leading the personnel end of the team. All of this is now reason enough apparently for the team to give Modrak more power in personnel. Too bad Marv, Brandon, and Ralph didn't see it earlier.

Either way, it's a pathetic joke of a way to handle personnel. Teams have GM's who usually have a Pro Personnel and College Scouting Director with a requisite amount of scouts. Not Buffalo though, they have no GM, and the authority was delegated to DJ. He predictably failed, leaving the franchise in the mess they're in now.

Still, if DJ had final say on personnel, it's chilling to think someone saw fit to give this to him. DJ's was getting paid less than 2M per, and he was in effect spending more team money on Dockery, Walker, Tripplett, Royal, et al who signed deals in excess of 100M. Amazaing.

You'll never get a job with the courier express that way.

Won't be any newspapers left TO get a job with, the way it looks right now. The late, lamented BCE is getting some company ...

If Guy is not accountable for the players he brings in, than he has one of the best jobs in pro sports. If he is initiating the process to have them come in, isn't that equivalent to a player recommendation on his part?

If Guy is not accountable for the players he brings in, than he has one of the best jobs in pro sports. If he is initiating the process to have them come in, isn't that equivalent to a player recommendation on his part?

So you're saying that he could bring in a better brand of Alpo for Jauron to sift through? I won't disagree with that opinion.