Does the Dockery Cut Mean...............

H2o

I think that they could be moving Walker or Butler to the LG spot, going after a "top tier" C, and going after another OT in the draft or via FA. I don't really see anyone who would be but so much of an upgrade at the RT position though. Tauscher is coming off of a torn ACL and Tra Thomas is a LT for the most part that will be 35 in November. Maybe we are targeting a guy for OT or OG in the draft. Maybe we are about to go after Andre Smith from Alabama. This comes on the heels of him supposedly "dropping" down draft boards.

I doubt they created a hole in the offensive line on the hopes of a certain guy maybe falling to us at 11. Too much uncertainty to bank on a player being there in the draft. Now, if they have several targets on the O Line and feel strongly one will be there at one our picks, then maybe, but I doubt this has anything to do with Andre Smith. Especially given Smith now suddenly reminds people A LOT of Mike Williams...

this could mean that Buffalo will be pushing hard for Jason Brown....Brown has stated that he wants to be put back in his guard position and that he will be searching for a team that needs a guard...by Buffalo cutting Dockerey they might be trying to show Brown that theres a big hole at the position that he wants and could fill it by just signing on the dotted line.

Alright. So that means we get rid of an underachieving OG that got a 7 year $49 million dollar contract for a guy who is likely going to want a 7 year $49 million dollar contract, which is the going rate for a top tier OG these days. If that happens wonder who we'll target as a Center?

I hope not. I think Walker is too tall to play guard. His strength is in pass protection, not mauling people in the run game.

Walker is 6'8 and Butler is 6'6 so Walker doesn't exactly tower over Butler. I think both of them are to tall to play guard, but since this team doesn't mind having tall guards I don't think replacing a more athletic Butler with a massive guy in Walker on the inside is a bad idea. Butler could move to r. t. (Walker's previous position); he played tackle in college anyway. Walker would move to r.g. . Lastly we would have to replace the center and left guard position through free agency and/or the draft. I must also say that I wouldn't as a secondary plan to start Chambers at r.t. , kicking in Walker to right guard, putting Butler at l.g. and drafting a new center or getting one in free agency, Preston should be signed again as a backup. If either of those scenarios happened the bigger more massive guys would be on the inside (to hopefully help us pound the ball) while the more athletic guys would be on the outside to help protect against the speedy edge pass rushers.

I think that they could be moving Walker or Butler to the LG spot, going after a "top tier" C, and going after another OT in the draft or via FA. I don't really see anyone who would be but so much of an upgrade at the RT position though. Tauscher is coming off of a torn ACL and Tra Thomas is a LT for the most part that will be 35 in November. Maybe we are targeting a guy for OT or OG in the draft. Maybe we are about to go after Andre Smith from Alabama. This comes on the heels of him supposedly "dropping" down draft boards.

Langston is a solid Right Tackle, he also played well when he was asked to move to Left Tackle. Hes not really that overpaid. Dockery was an average guard getting superstar money. Maybe we can use his cap space to tie up Peters and Maybe get Matt Burke or Jeff Saturday.

Initially, I like the move but am surprised they didn't resign Duke Preston as a backup at C/G. It would have given them alot more flexibility in reorganizing the line through free agency and the draft. Currently, we have 2 gaping holes on the OL and no backups on the interior, with apologies to 33 yr. old journeyman Jason Whittle.

I see this move potentially really pissing me off when we take are forced to take a C/G when a clear BPA situation exists in the later rounds.

I'd leave JP, Butler and Walker in place.