Hey Bobby, maybe they should shut down the weather service too!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not debating the importance of predicting possible catastrophes because without it, we'll never be able to understand McCain's presidential campaign or the selection of Biden as VP.

Still, I'm curious; how many jobs will that $140 million create? How does that item in the "stimulus" bill help stimulate the worst economy since The Great Depression?

I'm not debating the importance of predicting possible catastrophes because without it, we'll never be able to understand McCain's presidential campaign or the selection of Biden as VP.

Still, I'm curious; how many jobs will that $140 million create? How does that item in the "stimulus" bill help stimulate the worst economy since The Great Depression?

Funny how for years we have heard that "asking questions" and just being "loyal oppostion" was patriotic.

Now, we come to find that any pushback on Dear Leader's plans is verboten.

Funny how that works, now that "they" are the ones in power.

Im sure Jindal's refusal to just hand over Louisiana's Unemployment office to federal control is ALSO being looked at as "obstructionist."

Are you talking about Piyush Hussein Jindal? Where's that A-rab's Ko-ran?

Oh, wait, he's a Republican? My bad.

His middle name is not Hussein....and no state head named "Piyush" was ever the sworn enemy of the United States with whom we recently fought two wars, you half-wit.

Good to see youre ALREADY employing the tactics you screamed about others using WRT Jindal.

At least your hypocritial stupidity is consistent across all areas.

In horseracing there is a term called "Bridgejumper".

This is used to identify a bettor that wagers a huge sum on a horse to Show, which means finish in the top 3. These guys show up when a horse stands out so much over the competition that the only way it doesn't finish in the top 3 is if it gets hurt.

The track has to pay you a 5% return on your money no matter how much you wager if you win, so while every other horse has 5,000....10,000...20,000....bet on it, the "sure thing" will have say $200,000 bet on it. Where else can you get a 5% return on your money in 2 minutes?

Every now and then the sure thing isn't so sure. He fails to finish in the money, and the other horses pay crazy amounts to show. It may pay $12 to win, and $80 to show. This is because that huge amount bet by the Bridgejumpers gets distributed to the bettors of the top 3 horses. I'm sure you can see why they are called Bridgejumpers in this scenario.

Last night Bobby Jindal took down a lot of GOP Bridgejumpers.

We're F'd

Union jobs. He's quietly creating his Praetorian Guard, his Sturmabteilung.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/090206/obama_labor.html?.v=2

It is kinda funny that the GOP feels a need to trot out its brown people to counteract Obama. They still don't get that it's not a brown or even black thing.

Previously I'd thought Jindal was rather moderate. I am not so sure any more. He had a tough assignment following Obama's speech though so it probably wouldn't have mattered what he said.

It is kinda funny that the GOP feels a need to trot out its brown people to counteract Obama. They still don't get that it's not a brown or even black thing.

Previously I'd thought Jindal was rather moderate. I am not so sure any more. He had a tough assignment following Obama's speech though so it probably wouldn't have mattered what he said.

Only kinda. It does protect them from charges of racism, if the speaker is too critical or makes a reference to monkeys or something...

Jindal's been an up and comer in the GOP for a while now.

Don't worry blz. I've replied to you several times, that one-party rule is inevitable. You have won. Government by the people is a concept is in its' last days. Haven't you noticed the numbers of GOP Senators that will retire after their current term?

The American experiment in participatory government is in its' twilight. Do you not see the immense onslaught of legislation prescribing this or that behavior?

Im sure Jindal's refusal to just hand over Louisiana's Unemployment office to federal control is ALSO being looked at as "obstructionist."

Wow. Talk about going off the deep end with your assertions. Do you have any data or reasons to suspect that? Your ass does not count as a valid data source.

Jindal's been an up and comer in the GOP for a while now.

I am not so sure that will continue after his speech last night. Even Brit Hume and Charles Krauthammer thought it was terrible last night on Fox News. That was a very poor speech and delivered even worse.

Google it. Im not your lapdog.

No I know exactly what you did.. you took Jindals interpretation of a temporary measure in the bill that would make him pay unemployment to 4000 more people with the federal funds. He sees that as a permanent measure (no one else does).

And you have taken the whole interpretation and exaggerated and bloodied it and made it look like a "big government control" thing, and worded it as "hand over control to the federal government".

Why do you do that?

Don't worry blz. I've replied to you several times, that one-party rule is inevitable. You have won. Government by the people is a concept is in its' last days. Haven't you noticed the numbers of GOP Senators that will retire after their current term? The American experiment in participatory government is in its' twilight. Do you not see the immense onslaught of legislation prescribing this or that behavior?

Wow. Were you this broken up when they announced the permanent Republican majority a few years back?

PTR

Wow. Were you this broken up when they announced the permanent Republican majority a few years back?

PTR

Certainly I was angry. They turned into Democrats...fatted cows.

Promo, you have shown - for some time - a growing proclivity towards becoming an apparatchik. If you work for a governmental entity, well then I understand...mope, cash the check, kiss the hand, lift the leg on the private sector, encourage more government, or be one of that very extreme rarity - those that quit.

Wise up.

And don't defend blz.