OJ SIMPSON

It is interesting that they only provide one spot with the RB's. Undoubtly because of OJ...

What is also intersting is they do not provide a spot for full back, rather place Cookie Gilchrist under running back. I think that there is little doubt that he should be on the all time team, however he has been estranged from the orgization for years. It is too bad that Ralph and Cookie can't reconcile while they are both still alive.

If people are objective and vote based on what happened on the field, he would win. Would he be invited to attend if he wins? I expect that Thurman will win because alot of voters will judge OJ based on his off field activity.

HAHA "activity"

I was conflicted about this. I also agree with the poster who commented that they probably limited it to one RB in an attempt to avoid OJ making the team.

I was torn between OJ and Thurman. A case could be made for both. I ended voting for Thurman not because of off the field, but because of Thurman's importance to the no huddle offense as well as his career stats. Without Thurman (in my view), there would have been no K-Gun offense. He was the one who created the mismatches because of his ability in both the running and passing games.

They should have had two RBs on the team though. The Juice was the most exciting guy that I personally have seen run the football. It was a thing of beauty. Just like I really enjoyed Gilbert winding up around our net and skating down ice. It was exciting.

I was conflicted about this. I also agree with the poster who commented that they probably limited it to one RB in an attempt to avoid OJ making the team.

I was torn between OJ and Thurman. A case could be made for both. I ended voting for Thurman not because of off the field, but because of Thurman's importance to the no huddle offense as well as his career stats. Without Thurman (in my view), there would have been no K-Gun offense. He was the one who created the mismatches because of his ability in both the running and passing games.

They should have had two RBs on the team though. The Juice was the most exciting guy that I personally have seen run the football. It was a thing of beauty. Just like I really enjoyed Gilbert winding up around our net and skating down ice. It was exciting.

Good points...best pure runner versus most valuable running back.

And I've always thought that the Juice was the most exciting runner ever. Adrian Peterson is this generation's Simpson and he's not anywhere near O.J.'s talent IMO.

I think I'm voting for Thurman though. Very tough call.

Well stated Peter. I struggled with it as well and went with Thomas for the diversity he brought to the offense vs OJ left, OJ right and ...

Frankly, if there were 2 RB selections, I'd have gone with Wray Carlton as the other, but then may have opted for Juice as his running mate.

It is interesting that they only provide one spot with the RB's. Undoubtly because of OJ...

What is also intersting is they do not provide a spot for full back, rather place Cookie Gilchrist under running back. I think that there is little doubt that he should be on the all time team, however he has been estranged from the orgization for years. It is too bad that Ralph and Cookie can't reconcile while they are both still alive.

Cookie's little-known tv career...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0318358/

I tend to agree with you, although I am a bit biased.

Thurman vs OJ?? You must be kidding...or too young.

Well stated Peter. I struggled with it as well and went with Thomas for the diversity he brought to the offense vs OJ left, OJ right and ...

Frankly, if there were 2 RB selections, I'd have gone with Wray Carlton as the other, but then may have opted for Juice as his running mate.

Get serious, Wray Carlton? Jeez.....