If the Bills start off 5-1 again, are you going to get excited??

SKOOBY

I was at the home opener last season and we smoked the Hawks. I followed the team in every down and instance just like usual but after the SD game, it was all down hill.

If the Bills start 5-1 again, are you going to get excited??

YES. Next year we will be playing a very very TOUGH Schedule and will not involve the NFC West or the AFC West in the 1st five weeks....If the Bills come out 5-1 against that schedule, then I will BELIEVE.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the home opener last season and we smoked the Hawks. I followed the team in every down and instance just like usual but after the SD game, it was all down hill.

Not as long as Dickie the J is running the show. If there is a rake anywhere near, he'll step on it. I have absolutely zero confidence in his ability and can show you 7 out of 8 losing seasons to back it up.

Not as long as Dickie the J is running the show. If there is a rake anywhere near, he'll step on it. I have absolutely zero confidence in his ability and can show you 7 out of 8 losing seasons to back it up.

I think that DJ needs to have a perfect storm to get us a winning season, schedule is not enough. You need a mix of great timing, good talent, inspired play and the teams you play getting a gameplan they didn't expect. Needless to say that last part is going to be nearly impossible to come by, like a 50-1 shot coming in.

I personally think that 5-1 is nearly impossible and if we somehow manage it by hook or crook with the upcoming schedule, divine intervention will be involved. God Bless.

I think that DJ needs to have a perfect storm to get us a winning season, schedule is not enough. You need a mix of great timing, good talent, inspired play and the teams you play getting a gameplan they didn't expect. Needless to say that last part is going to be nearly impossible to come by, like a 50-1 shot coming in.

I personally think that 5-1 is nearly impossible and if we somehow manage it by hook or crook with the upcoming schedule, divine intervention will be involved. God Bless.

If you've checked out the schedule, there's your perfect storm right there. This team, as much as I love 'em, will be lucky if they win 5 games next season. And honestly, I would have had them at 3 wins. But..... since Favre retired, I think they might be able to sneak by the Jets.

If Dickie the J pulls out a 7-9 season next year, it will be a monumental miracle.

Dick will step on a rake the first game, fall out a window in the second game, stumble into traffic, be hit by a bus, run over by a steamroller, be walked on by a marching band then pissed on by a puppy...then it will our bye week.

EDIT: press conference highlights: "Ahem, clearly we would like to not have been pissed on by a puppy, but that's where we are and we'll take it. Its hard not to fall out a window in this league. Do I what?...I always think your coaching to avoid being marched over. I thought Trent did a great job after I was electrocuted and a safe dropped on my head, he really practiced hard this week."

Dick will step on a rake the first game, fall out a window in the second game, stumble into traffic, be hit by a bus, run over by a steamroller, be walked on by a marching band then pissed on by a puppy...then it will our bye week.

EDIT: press conference highlights: "Ahem, clearly we would like to not have been pissed on by a puppy, but that's where we are and we'll take it. Its hard not to fall out a window in this league. Do I what?...I always think your coaching to avoid being marched over. I thought Trent did a great job after I was electrocuted and a safe dropped on my head, he really practiced hard this week."

LOL! :thumbsup:

About the only thing you forgot was falling off a cliff with an Acme Anvil tied to his leg!

Absolutely. I will start dropping hints and even bribing my wife to let me go to a playoff game too.

If that wasn't the case, why waste time being a fanatic? Believe me, the idiocy of the Bills brass is staggering and almost nonstop. I know this, but the Bills are ours in some sort of strange symbolic way.

Anyway, yeah.....I would be pretty f :devil: g excited, inevitable collapse or not.

not if they look as soft as they did last year. i figured out they were a fraud the day they went 4-0.

Yeah, because a 4-0 record is the perfect reason to think a team is a fraud. :devil:

I'll be cautiously optimistic. As ganesh said, it will be against a tough schedule, so there would be some serious excitement because of that. But that doesn't mean we'll finish like we started. The fans have clearly learned their lesson over the years, we can only hope the coaching staff does the same.

SKOOB I'm !@#$ing excited every time I see one of your threads. If the Bills start 5-1 I'll be so darn excited I'll be giddy like a school girl.

Geez....I have to bribe the wife to even let me watch it on TV.

:D

:beer:

My wife hates bars. She simply can't stand them, and this isn't going to change any time soon. 5 or 6 years ago, she bought me the NFL Ticket. On my birthday (in June), she handed me an envelope from DTV, and this brought my sports bar days to a grinding halt.

I am good for 1 trip to RWS per season, and that took me about 9 years of marriage. After the last superbowl loss she saw that I was depressed on the ride home, and I mentioned it to her. She gave the OK and we have been to a game every year since. This I will do until the Bills leave town or I am dead.

I'm a real macho man, no? :devil: