Losman to stay?

I pray this will never happen ... quit smoking pot and wake up to the fact JP is done. We need a decent verteran who is a real back up and not some talented but underachieving mess of a QB. JP can't make the right decisions and he is not accurate with the ball .. this is why he will not be playing football in the NFL very much longer.

You are correct, sir - JP is done...in Buffalo.

Unfortunately, he will land with the New Jersey Jets and hand the Bills two of their 12 losses this season.

Fortunately, there is light at the end of the tunnel, as a certain Texas Tech coach was just successful in having all buyout penalty $$$ removed from his contract extension if he leaves to coach Da Billsss. His name, you ask?

Mike Leach

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP can't make the right decisions and he is not accurate with the ball .. this is why he will not be playing football in the NFL very much longer.

I think you are wrong. He's not coming back here so we can end that chapter, but I'll be surprised if he isn't on several teams radar this weekend. The Cowboys have already been speculated as a landing spot.

I think you are wrong. He's not coming back here so we can end that chapter, but I'll be surprised if he isn't on several teams radar this weekend. The Cowboys have already been speculated as a landing spot.

Well they were foolish enough to acquire Drew Bledsoe after he was washed up so anything's possible.

Since he averages 2 wins per miserable season, I would say the odds of this are pretty slim.

I love you the way you say trent edwards' seasons are 'abbreviated', yet say jp losman averages 2 wins per season.. as if losman had actually played them fully.

Well they were foolish enough to acquire Drew Bledsoe after he was washed up so anything's possible.

Yep.

I'm not defending Losman, or maybe I am, but he's a former first round pick with lots of starting experience. Look how many teams Joey Harrington has been on; four! And Losmans competion percentage and td-to-int ratio are better. Losman leads in fumbles and fumbles lost though! ^_^

I love you the way you say trent edwards' seasons are 'abbreviated', yet say jp losman averages 2 wins per season.. as if losman had actually played them fully.

I like the way some fans try to suggest that a quarterback needs to start every game, in order to be judged as a player.

I like the way some fans try to suggest that a quarterback needs to start every game, in order to be judged as a player.

if you're implying that i said that, then you're dead wrong. i'm pointing out the hypocrisy of some people in judging a player, namely bill from nyc's.

I think Losman may stay in Buffalo for 2 reasons:

1st, JP Losman isn't in demand. He did not look like a starting quarterback when he played this year, so there isn't a lot of interest (maybe none?) by teams looking for a starting quarterback. The reason he wants out of Buffalo is because he wants to be a starting quarterback. If that isn't likely, his best option to continue to play in the league, and improve, may be Buffalo. He is comfortable on the team and respected by his teammates and the community. What would he face in another city? A backup position and starting all over again? Cut in training camp?

2nd, the Bills don't seem to have many good options for the backup quarterback position. They don't want to overpay and they will merely, and almost assuredly, get a mediocre backup quality quarterback, as they pay more than they would have for Losman.

It seems best for both parties that JP Losman stays here, as it makes both the player and the team more stable .

(If Losman was with another team and in the same position, Buffalo would likely be very interested.)

I think you're right that if Losman had played for another team, and was in the same position, Buffalo would be very interested.

However, one of the things that you do with a back-up QB is try to acquire one who fits the system that you run. Losman doesn't fit this system, and has proved that. He needs to be in a system with more down-the-field throws, and a playbook that has been opened up. He needs a less conservative offense than we run. Our offense magnifies Losman's weaknesses and does not allow his strengths to be shown.

We are not a good match. There are plenty of teams in the league that run less conservative offenses and JP will end up with one of them.

Somebody will sign Losman. He has about 40 starts under his belt.

Only just over 30 starts. People forget that JP is basically still an inexperienced player. Trent has about two-thirds the number of starts JP has. Neither guy has a lot of experience. Both are still more potential that actual proven quantities, though Trent showed a lot in the first few games and JP showed a lot at the end of 2006 (which encouraged Fairchild to change the offense. Doh!)

But since Fairchild closed down the offense back then, nobody has really opened it up again. JP is simply a bad fit here.

Since he averages 2 wins per miserable season, I would say the odds of this are pretty slim.

Did we beat the Jets when Trent played?

Again, you don't judge a QB by wins. You judge a TEAM by wins. And the Bills have not beaten a decent team with either QB. Both JP and Trent lost to the good teams and beat the bad ones. Except for Cleveland (Trent) and SF (half and half). Not that I expect anyone who uses the "wins" argument to respond to reason. People who say this stuff either just don't get it or they are using it because it happens to support their guy regardless of it's lack of logic. I neither know nor care which type you are.

But this argument simply doesn't make sense.

The Bills aren't good. And part of that is that they have two fairly inexperienced QBs, one of whom doesn't even fit the system which is in place here.

You are correct, sir - JP is done...in Buffalo.

Unfortunately, he will land with the New Jersey Jets and hand the Bills two of their 12 losses this season.

This is about as accurate as your past predictions of Bills records have been. There's no way any team with Losman under center puts up two wins against the Bills.

That would be no good for either side. He spent all of the off season, training camp and regular season moping around because he lost his job or as he saw it, his job was taken from him. I think he would probably go somewhere at a #3 before he stayed in Buffalo. From the Bills point of view, that is an era that they need to get passed for PR reasons. Giving up so much for him and designating him the second coming of God in Buffalo, then seeing it crash and burn, is not something that will go away if he stays.

Did we beat the Jets when Trent played?

Again, you don't judge a QB by wins. You judge a TEAM by wins. And the Bills have not beaten a decent team with either QB. Both JP and Trent lost to the good teams and beat the bad ones. Except for Cleveland (Trent) and SF (half and half). Not that I expect anyone who uses the "wins" argument to respond to reason. People who say this stuff either just don't get it or they are using it because it happens to support their guy regardless of it's lack of logic. I neither know nor care which type you are.

But this argument simply doesn't make sense.

The Bills aren't good. And part of that is that they have two fairly inexperienced QBs, one of whom doesn't even fit the system which is in place here.

Losman does not fit any system. The guy stinks.

1) He's a gunslinger, he does NOT fit the Bills system.

2) He will NEVER resign here...EVER....case closed.

I do not know why anyone would ever call Losman a gunslinger. When the guy throws for under 200 yards in 26 of his career 34 starts, he clearly is not a gunslinger.