The Bills are Bringing in a WR for a Visit Soon......

H2o

I have a hard time believing this one. The Bills just re-signed Justin Jenkins whose role is strictly as a special teams player.

Roscoe Parrish is predominantly a special teams player.

With the Bills needs at wide receiver, why would they have an interest in another guy who's only a special teams player?

It might be true but it doesn't make sense to me.

I have a hard time believing this one. The Bills just re-signed Justin Jenkins whose role is strictly as a special teams player.

With the Bills needs at wide receiver, why would they have an interest in another guy who's only a special teams player?

Maybe the Bill$ are intent on trying to build the first Super Bowl championship team, where the offense and the defense exist solely to set up the special teams! A hell of a lot cheaper way to win games, and just as likely to work as what they have been doing! :lol:

Maybe the Bill$ are intent on trying to build the first Super Bowl championship team, where the offense and the defense exist solely to set up the special teams! A hell of a lot cheaper way to win games, and just as likely to work as what they have been doing! :lol:

:lol::w00t:

Maybe, just maybe our FO wants to get in early on evolving their relationship with Chad Speck towards listening to the Bills desire/offer for his 'other' client... <hope & prayers inserted here>

Training camp fodder ... if he is an improvement over the recently resigned Justion Jenkins, then so be it ... I'm sure Jenkins didn't get a huge signing bonus ... and given the state of our receiving corps, I'm not against giving anyone a look ... it doesn't mean they are automatically on the final 53 man roster.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/18/...-east-interest/

Why? I don't know. Haven't got a clue, except maybe to get hold of some of the Pats* offensive secrets :lol:

Pats' source: "...Washington joined the team during the Great Receiver Roundup of 2007. In two seasons, he caught a grand total of one pass, for three yards."

Wow, what a great follow up move after signing Jenkins and DiGiorgio! What's next, hiring a new quality control coach? This is too much excitement for my off season. :lol:

The Bills are going with the unconventional strategy of only fielding special team players next year. They figure that they're so good at special teams why not have them on the field at all times.

My best guess is that there is a real possibility Parrish is let go.

I liked him at University of Tennessee and hoped the Bills went with him in 02. I followed him in his time at Cincinnatti, and he seems to have never gotten off the ground at New England. I think he might surprise you...but if he had what it takes I suspect he would have shown it by now. Hope they didn't spend too much money on him.

nother source

Depends on whether you believe the agent.

As much as I'd like to decry the recent players Buffalo has re-signed or are now interested in, we've got to wait until after the first week of UFA. If at that point they've failed to address some of their distinct needs then the torches and pitchforks can come out.

Washington is a straight ST'er. He's 30 in August and according to ESPN:

The biggest knock on him is his inconsistent play. He doesn't have great hands and is considered as an unreliable receiver who never progressed with his route running and understanding of coverages. He is not a physical player for his size and hasn't played well through injures.

I don't think he's the big WR threat to take attention away from Evans. He'll merit a look at ST if signed. That seems to be the only thing this team does right over the past few years.

People don't talk about it a lot but we had a great special teams wide receiver who proved after he left that he was a good player from scrimmage also.

Andre Davis.

He's played very well for the Texans in a limited role, as an extra wide receiver. A role the Bills decided not to give him an opportunity to fill.

Season Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD

2008 Houston Texans 12 0 13 213 16.4 49 0

2007 Houston Texans 14 8 33 583 17.7 53T 3