A win makes people forgetful

I have to chuckle at posts calling DB's performance "mistake-free!" Anyone remember the fumble in the 2nd quarter? The one that squirted out of Drew's hands, and rolled about 20 yards back to our goal line? But does recovering a fumble like that make Drew "mistake-free?" Just wondering.

PTR

Too many people are stat freaks. I'm not looking for 22/25 300 yard 5 td games out of my qb(Hell not everyone is drew brees :lol:) All That matters in the end is a win, and I'll rather my qb pass for 80 yards and WIN than pass for over 400 and lose like Jake Plummer. Did Drew play perfect no.... but until "almost mistakes" count as stats it really does not matter. A Win is a win is a win. So for the love of god enjoy it.

Too many people are stat freaks.  I'm not looking for 22/25 300 yard 5 td games out of my qb(Hell not everyone is drew brees :lol:)  All That matters in the end is a win, and I'll rather my qb pass for 80 yards and WIN than pass for over 400 and lose like Jake Plummer.  Did Drew play perfect no.... but until "almost mistakes" count as stats it really does not matter. A Win is a win is a win. So for the love of god enjoy it.

94090[/snapback]

Some people would rather harp on the insignificant just to prove a weak point. You see PTR, this is what happens when the entire TEAM comes to play. And I'm sure you won't agree with this, but I think that Bledsoe's outburst had something to do with it. So keep harping on the fumble that cost the Bills a TD (right); I'll take the win.

The conditions were completely miserable for passing. And I swear that 7 or 8 of McKnowns total completions were exellent catches by his receivers. Plus Drew should have had 3 TDs as Moulds tackled himself for no reason, going OB at the two.

94100[/snapback]

I thought I heard 40 MPH winds. The gamebook says 20-30 MPH winds. I guess people just don't have a concept of weather conditions.

I have to chuckle at posts calling DB's performance "mistake-free!"  Anyone remember the fumble in the 2nd quarter?  The one that squirted out of Drew's hands, and rolled about 20 yards back to our goal line?  But does recovering a fumble like that make Drew "mistake-free?"  Just wondering.

PTR

94077[/snapback]

He also had an easy INT that the defender dropped...that being said, I'll take a win any way we can get it, even if it is over an Arizona team that's one of the worst in the league.

I have to chuckle at posts calling DB's performance "mistake-free!"  Anyone remember the fumble in the 2nd quarter?  The one that squirted out of Drew's hands, and rolled about 20 yards back to our goal line?  But does recovering a fumble like that make Drew "mistake-free?"  Just wondering.

PTR

94077[/snapback]

Ok Promo, you're starting to get "crusading" with your posts, which is against the rules. We all know your position, now go TRY and enjoy the win.

CW

I thought I heard 40 MPH winds.  The gamebook says 20-30 MPH winds.  I guess people just don't have a concept of weather conditions.

94108[/snapback]

I was checking out the flags all the time and they were going in different directions all the time. The goalposts were wavering. It was raining and the ball was wet. A few Cardinals said it was the worst conditions they have ever played in. Every single kick was extremely hard to even fair catch.

Gee and I stopped by here to see if PTR is still sticking to the "Bills suck no matter what you idiots think" routine.

Nice to see that the Earth is still rotating.

Of course, since three weeks ago PTR listed about 20 things that are wrong with the Bills, chances are he'll still have something to harp about every game.

Hey, Patriots lost. So, can you run that theory about the Pats again?

PTR

94077[/snapback]

I have to chuckle at people that can't even give the guy credit when he plays well. First of all, that fumble was not his fault. Shelton knocked the ball out of his hand as he was pivoting to either hand off or play action fake. No way Shelton should have been that close to him. But I suppose when you are hell-bent on reinforcing your opinion, who cares about factual accuracy right??

And I'm sure that if you review the play of every winning QB in the NFL this week, they probably made a mistake or less than stellar play or two.

PTR

94077[/snapback]

Crappy, wet weather, and his left arm got hit by Villarial's shoulder when he turned towards Willis. It could happen to anyone.

Do you realize they won the game?

The line still needs some work but played a pretty decent game which made thing easy for Drew. I still firmly believe that Drew is on a short leash with MM and if he blows it again against the Jets next week, he's history. I'm not bashing Drew but the fact is, he can't move to save his life which makes it very difficult for the offense to produce when the opponents decide to blitz up the middle against us. Why the Cards didn't do it was a testament to the Bills game plan to establish the run early and often. If they find themselves behind in a game, forget it, there is absolutelly no chance for Drew to lead this team in a comeback, he just isn't mobile enough to avoid a serious rush.

but the fact is, he can't move to save his life which makes it very difficult for the offense to produce when the opponents decide to blitz up the middle against us.

So did you watch the game vs Arizona? He moved in the pocket to avoid the rush several times. Oh, and took no sacks.

CW

So did you watch the game vs Arizona?  He moved in the pocket to avoid the rush several times.  Oh, and took no sacks.

CW

94283[/snapback]

You are right Fez, he did move up but what happens when the opponents rush up the middle? Believe me, I would love to see Drew produce more than anyone, I'm just being realistic here. After watching every game this year, either he locks into Moulds a little to often, he did that early in the year, or he has no lateral movement when the pocket is pushed into his face. I'm not necessarily saying that JP needs to be thrown into the fire as soon as he's healthy, I just feel that the adjustments either need to be addressed on the line or Drew has to lose the ego and learn to run and avoid the rush a little better. Granted he wasn't sacked yesterday, he really didn't attempt that many throws. Thank god the line finally got their stevestojan together and decided to run block for a change!!!

You are right Fez, he did move up but what happens when the opponents rush up the middle?

The same thing that happened to Brady when the Steelers rushed up the middle.

Someone else made a good point in a different thread; the threat of not only the running game in general, but of McGahee being able to hit the corner stops teams from loading up the middle (at least it has against the Cards and Dolphins...). Also, the ability for McGahee to pick up the blitz and give DB the extra time to step up or to throw the ball away force teams to stop blitzing up the middle.

It'll be a very interesting game against the Jets this week. If we can win that game as convincingly as we won this game, I wonder what people will say.

CW