Guy on Billszone claiming he works for the Bills...

I agree. I think the guy is a complete scumbag for that head stomp. It was a POS thing to do. Plus, I'm very wary of getting a fat guy a huge contract. IF, and I understand it's a big if, the Bills signed Fat Albert, I would be worried about him discovering the wonders of Buffalo wings, LaNova pizza, Beef on Weck, Ted's, and Canadian beer and weighing 500 lbs next year.

Yeah it's a good thing the last big fat (and really good by the way ) DT associated with this team got the big contract from another team, that seems to have worked out for the best.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph would of course NEVER pay Haynesworth, nor will he pay Greer, unfortunately. We'll get the usual "B" level leftovers. As long as they cut Royal and the God-awful Kelsay, that w/b a start....I'd like to see 'em let Steve Johnson play at the #2 WR spot, and give Fine a chance at TE. Then go hard after a pass rush and a center in the draft.

Can we stop with this crap? How many elite FAs are there every year? 1 or 2? So there are probably 20 or teams trying to sign them. He signed Dockery who was the 3rd best guard that year. One signed for big money in Cle and other took a hometown discount to re-sign with the Chargers. Last year, we acquired one of the top paid DTs in football. We traded for Bledsoe, who once had the highest contract in NFL HISTORY. Guys like Spikes, Moulds, Milloy, etc. were some of the highest paid at their position. If Schobel was a free agent and signed with the Bills with his resume (2 time pro bowler, consistent double digit sack guy) for the same contract, people would be doing backflips. Add to that the 90s Bills had one of the highest payrolls in the NFL.

Blame Ralph for trusting the wrong people who hired the wrong coaches and made bad personnel decisions. But saying he is cheap is just flat out wrong and stupid. :w00t:

Pat Williams is a much better character guy than Fat Albert.

I'll give you the head stomp thing, but this team could use a little nasty added to it. I also will say that I have no faith at all in the current head coach to be able to handle that the way Jeff Fisher did.

I agree. I think the guy is a complete scumbag for that head stomp. It was a POS thing to do. Plus, I'm very wary of getting a fat guy a huge contract. IF, and I understand it's a big if, the Bills signed Fat Albert, I would be worried about him discovering the wonders of Buffalo wings, LaNova pizza, Beef on Weck, Ted's, and Canadian beer and weighing 500 lbs next year.

I'm more worried he'd be an inch from a four game suspension.

Yeah it's a good thing the last big fat (and really good by the way ) DT associated with this team got the big contract from another team, that seems to have worked out for the best.

I wouldn't mind that much but can you imagine Haynesworh next to Stroud?! I'd be surprised if teams could hit 30 yards rushing a game against Buffalo.

Can we stop with this crap? How many elite FAs are there every year? 1 or 2? So there are probably 20 or teams trying to sign them. He signed Dockery who was the 3rd best guard that year. One signed for big money in Cle and other took a hometown discount to re-sign with the Chargers. Last year, we acquired one of the top paid DTs in football. We traded for Bledsoe, who once had the highest contract in NFL HISTORY. Guys like Spikes, Moulds, Milloy, etc. were some of the highest paid at their position. If Schobel was a free agent and signed with the Bills with his resume (2 time pro bowler, consistent double digit sack guy) for the same contract, people would be doing backflips. Add to that the 90s Bills had one of the highest payrolls in the NFL.

Blame Ralph for trusting the wrong people who hired the wrong coaches and made bad personnel decisions. But saying he is cheap is just flat out wrong and stupid. :w00t:

Thank you! Finally a voice of reason and fact. :w00t:

some of you on this board remember and know that I work for the Bills. While im not trying to brag...im just trying to back myself up by saying that I talked with an individual who works in the Bills front office.

Has anybody been to the Buffalo Airport recently? I'm curious what George Seifert thinks

Sign that fat nasty bastard and I will pay my season ticket invoice in an instant.

x2!

You bring in that guy and nobody will be able to run on us. Guaranteed top-3 defense. The whole defense will be better, LBs running free to make tackles, pressure off of DBs and the pocket will collapse so fast, sacks all around, even for Kelsay! ;)

People said the same stuff last year when someone leaked the players that were visiting Buffalo. If i recall, he said Stroud was coming to buffalo a day before any rumors.

It's a different situation though Fingon.

One day before was then. Twelve days before is now. Haynesworth is a free agent. Stroud wasn't...we traded for him.

Finally, this is a supposed source within the organization whereas last year, we don't know who the sources were.

In short, we can't really do anything other than speculate and the reason you give (nothing personal) carries very little weight.

As much as I would love to have Haynesworth, can we really afford to keep both him and Peters. There really wouldn't be too much more room for other players.

Some players would have to be sacraficed. I'm not opposed to that

Kelsay, McCargo, Royal, Trade Mcgee, Parish

This would free up some money. I know that if we cut Kelsay it wouldn't help in the cap number, but we all know that Ralph doesn't care about the cap figure, it's his bottom line figure that counts. So cutting Kelsay free's up a good chunk of change.

As much as I would love to have Haynesworth, can we really afford to keep both him and Peters. There really wouldn't be too much more room for other players.

Some players would have to be sacraficed. I'm not opposed to that

Kelsay, McCargo, Royal, Trade Mcgee, Parish

This would free up some money. I know that if we cut Kelsay it wouldn't help in the cap number, but we all know that Ralph doesn't care about the cap figure, it's his bottom line figure that counts. So cutting Kelsay free's up a good chunk of change.

I think they could afford to sacrififice more than a few players. Wow, has the news surrounding the Bills EVER been worse than it is right now? I really don't think there is one player on that team (aside from Jackson) that I would ever wear on my back.

x2!

You bring in that guy and nobody will be able to run on us. Guaranteed top-3 defense. The whole defense will be better, LBs running free to make tackles, pressure off of DBs and the pocket will collapse so fast, sacks all around, even for Kelsay! :rolleyes:

not sure how he will be stuffing the run when they will have him dropping into coverage with Schoebel to surprise and confuse the defense

no one would ever expect Big Al to be covering the deep middle ;)

Haynesworth is the biggest impact player available in the draft and the effect on our defense would be HUGE. Saturday would be great as well and exactly what we need, but we would really be stretching the wallet to get both of them. Scaife is a great choice.

Maybe going all tennessee in free agency with Haynesworth, Loper and Scaife might be a next best choice and a little easier on the bankroll.

If this is the track they are thinking I'm very very happy.