Burress, Boldin, Johnson being shopped

SKOOBY

You guys like any of these boys to play for the Bills and if so why??

Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for the troubled receiver, sent an e-mail to the NFL's teams earlier this week letting them know that Burress was one of his three clients who wants to be traded, an NFL executive told The Associated Press on Thursday. The person requested anonymity because the e-mail was supposed to remain private.

The Star-Ledger of Newark was the first to have the story, reporting in its Wednesday editions that Rosenhaus' initial e-mail to the teams said that Burress could be acquired through a trade.

However, the NFL executive who asked not to be identified because he had to deal with Rosenhaus, said the initial e-mail said that the agent had three "players DESIRING a trade."

The other two players are Anquan Boldin of the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals and Chad Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Arizona general manager Rod Graves did not return a telephone call left by The Associated Press at his office.

Giants general manager Jerry Reese refused to comment.

Rosenhaus did not return two telephone calls and an e-mail seeking comment.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9212128...n-being-shopped

Right or Wrong, Plax and Ocho would never get consideration from the Bills Brass, so we might as well start deleting these two as an option.

Boldin, I love the guy, I think he would be great for us, but at what cost? We'd have to give him tremendous amount of $$ and I just don't see us tying up that sort of money for WR after we doled out all that cash for Lee Evans. Not to mention what we would have to trade to obtain him.

So I just don't see us making a run at any of these players.

Arizona is supposedly taking the same stance that Cincy took last season with Chad Johnson. They said they are not going to trade the guy. Also, Rosenhaus was told to rescind the email he sent out because there had been no permition granted to shop these players. They said any contact from teams about a trade for these players would result in a violation of the NFL tampering rules. He, Rosenhaus, later sent an email saying that he did not have permission to shop these guys.

It'll take a lot to get Boldin. Arizona has leverage, they're not just going to trade him for nothing. Unless the Giants, Eagles or Dolphins put together a sweet package, I'm banking on Boldin staying in Arizona.

This is the same scenario as last year with Chad. He wanted out, still had years left on his deal and Cincy didn't tolerate it. Although the Skins did offer two firsts for him and Cincy said no. Imagine what it'll cost to get Boldin.

Plax or Boldin, of course. No thanks on Johnson and his tired act (and declining production).

rofl! Johnson's act is old but Plaxico Burress' isn't?

Holding out for more money every offseason, doing idiotic things like shooting himself in the leg?

Arizona is supposedly taking the same stance that Cincy took last season with Chad Johnson. They said they are not going to trade the guy. Also, Rosenhaus was told to rescind the email he sent out because there had been no permition granted to shop these players. They said any contact from teams about a trade for these players would result in a violation of the NFL tampering rules. He, Rosenhaus, later sent an email saying that he did not have permission to shop these guys.

rofl! Johnson's act is old but Plaxico Burress' isn't?

Holding out for more money every offseason, doing idiotic things like shooting himself in the leg?

The only guy I think they should be interested in at all is Boldin.

Here is a question. Plax was awarded his big contract/signing bonus from the G men las year. If the Bills trade for him, I believe the Giants would still take the hit from the signing bonus, does that mean that the Bills just pay his salary? At least Ralph wouldn't have to fork over any more upfront. If so they could aquire a very good wr at a somewhat discounted rate because of the situation. Boldin on the otherhand we would need to sign to a new huge deal with a signing bonus.

I liek Boldin more, but avoiding the signing bonus payout and potentailly the cap hit as well makes the Plac situation enticing in my mind.

It'll take a lot to get Boldin. Arizona has leverage, they're not just going to trade him for nothing. Unless the Giants, Eagles or Dolphins put together a sweet package, I'm banking on Boldin staying in Arizona.

This is the same scenario as last year with Chad. He wanted out, still had years left on his deal and Cincy didn't tolerate it. Although the Skins did offer two firsts for him and Cincy said no. Imagine what it'll cost to get Boldin.

With Chad, it was the principle of the situation. Cincy was not going to allow themselves to be manipulated by any single player as to what that player wanted to do while he was still under contract. Yes they would've gotten two 1st round picks, but they would've also shown themselves as a weak organization that anyone could walk all over top of crumbling to a player's demands of that sort. They took a stand and I applaud them for it.

Boldin is worth pursuing, but I doubt Buffalo is high on his wishlist

Just say no to Johnson and Burress. Chad shoots his mouth off and Plax, well you know :(

Why Go after any of them? Think about this....Chad is in decline and is a cancer in the locker room. Boldin will be way to much in terms of a contract and draft picks. And Burris is also on the tail end of his career and cant stay out of trouble. If I was the Bills Brass then Furrey would be a top consideration right now. Also Josh Reed is playing well and that kid from Kentucky, when thrown the ball also showed some promise. We cant give up picks when there is some good defensive players in this years draft.