Donte Whitner

BeastMode54

For all of you who have a facebook page, I added Donte about 3 months ago. He actually seems to check the thing retty often. Yesterday he started a video blog where you can send him questions and he said he would try to answer about 20 of them. Next week he said he's gonna have James Hardy over to be on the blog, and he would have various other teammates and friends. I just thought it was cool that he is making himself so available to the fans. He seems like a genuine person and a hardworker as opposed to a lot of the players out there today. People should check it out. In addition, he said on his blog today that his shoulder has been cleared for offseason workouts, so he'll definitely be ready to go by minicamp.

For all of you who have a facebook page, I added Donte about 3 months ago. He actually seems to check the thing retty often. Yesterday he started a video blog where you can send him questions and he said he would try to answer about 20 of them. Next week he said he's gonna have James Hardy over to be on the blog, and he would have various other teammates and friends. I just thought it was cool that he is making himself so available to the fans. He seems like a genuine person and a hardworker as opposed to a lot of the players out there today. People should check it out. In addition, he said on his blog today that his shoulder has been cleared for offseason workouts, so he'll definitely be ready to go by minicamp.

Yeah, I saw his video blog posts. It's really cool what he's doing. I gotta think of a question to send to his inbox. After watching the vids, he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

I asked him 3 questions:

1) Regardless of money and FA status, which defensive player in the league would you like added to the roster?

2) Are there any players in this years upcoming draft that you would like to see the Bills pick?

and I can't remember the 3rd

Ask him if he plans to step up his game next year (on the field).

haha, the video updates from today are ridiculous. poor guy has nothing else to do in the offseason.

i give him a lot of credit. he even says in the first video "even if you hate me, send me a question and ill answer it"

not many players subject themselves to the mob. good for him.

What is all this hatred for the guy. He seems to be a decent dude. I thought it was a nice gesture to reach out and interact with the fans. Guess I should have kept it to myself.

There are so many freakin wet blankets on these boards. Certain people just approach everything related to the Bills with negativity and I suspect many of them have forgotten that football is supposed to be a fun thing.

What is all this hatred for the guy. He seems to be a decent dude. I thought it was a nice gesture to reach out and interact with the fans. Guess I should have kept it to myself.

I'm sure he's a decent dude, but I could care less if the Bills had decent dudes. I'd rather have 22 !@#$s that win championships, than 22 nice guys that finish 7-9 three seasons in a row.

I hope he brings something to his game this year, and leads this team to the promise land.

I agree, my post had nothing to do with football really. This is a board of supposed Bills fans, and I thought it was a cool thing he was doing. When I shared the info it was met with a lot of negativity. As far as the Bills are concerned, I wouldn't mind a bunch of baby eating monsters out there. I just posted this to let people know that he was doing the whole blog thing.

If his play never justifies his draft placement, then that's the FO's fault, not Whitner's.

Exactly. I hate when people get mad at a player for not living up to his draft position (not to mention the fact that there are 9 million different theories on exactly what justifies a player's draft position). Especially if its a player that works his hardest. Was donte supposed to do say "i appreciate the offer guys, but I'm second round talent, pick up an O lineman and call me in 30 picks or so".

Ask him how often he deals with complete morons who B word about where he was taken in the draft.

Didnt mention when he was picked. didnt even elude to it. I posted on BZ.com at the time of that statement that he was WAYYYYY out of line. I like it when I'm right. doesnt happen very often. I dont hate Donte at all. He just need to keep his yap shut sometimes.

I've been trying to find a way to do it but I can't figure it out. Maybe some computer genius can find a way to work it out.

Thanks for trying. I guess I could get facebook and try to be friends and all, but it sounds rather complicated and I'm not even sure any of it matters with this team. Thanks again though.

A post from Richard Manual Jauron on Donte wall...had me laughing my ass off, especially with the typical jauron photo. "I hope you're staying in shape this offseason. No more public promises for playoffs, just show it on the field" had me dying for some odd reason.

A post from Richard Manual Jauron on Donte wall...had me laughing my ass off, especially with the typical jauron photo. "I hope you're staying in shape this offseason. No more public promises for playoffs, just show it on the field" had me dying for some odd reason.

in all honesty, i can't hate on donte's prediction. i like to see a player with some cockiness and confidence that good things are going to happen. if they had 52 other guys with that same attitude things might be different

in all honesty, i can't hate on donte's prediction. i like to see a player with some cockiness and confidence that good things are going to happen. if they had 52 other guys with that same attitude things might be different

Absolutely!!

We need more guys like him on our team. He's a winner and he brings an attitude of winning. We just need more guys that share his same attitude.

As far as what he has to be cocky about? Lots of things. Ohio State Buckeyes captain. Bills Leader. Top Ten Draft choice. Lots more money than most people will ever have. Good and winning attitude. Phenomenal athlete. etc. etc. etc.