Name your favorite one hit wonder band and song

BuffaloBill

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another catchy song though. Maybe there's something inspiring about statutory rape.

Off one-hit topic, for a second, but in response to your stat-rape inquiry: I think you may be on to something.

As you may know, Steely Dan has many songs about men and inappropriately younger women, but most are about women who are, likely, legal. One big exception is Janie Runaway, about a man having a fling with an underage runaway girl, in NYC. It's clear the man understands there could be trouble. Still, he suggests she bring one of her friends, for a threesome.

Let's plan a weekend alone together

Drive out to Binky's place

The sugar shack in Pennsylvania

Or would that be a federal case?

We'll take the Big Red - the Blazer - it's nice inside

And guess who's coming along for the ride

Who has a friend named Melanie

Who's not afraid to try new things

Who gets to spend her birthday in Spain

Possibly you - Janie Runaway

So outrageous...

no it was Stealers Wheel who wrote the song and who's version was in reservoir dogs. The guy from Stealers Wheels used to busk with Gerry Rafferty in London. Gerry Rafferty has one of my favorite one hit wonder hit songs-

baker street

New Radicals- You Get What You Give

Sniffn the Tears- Drivers Seat

Wrong and wrong. Rafferty was a member of Stealers Wheel--...so dont know if 'Stuck in the middle' qualifies as a one hit wonder. Be that as it may...Baker street was Not at all a one hit wonder song. rafferty also had big hits with 'Right Down The Line' and others. He was a mega seller in the late 70s early 80s.

Wrong and wrong. Rafferty was a member of Stealers Wheel--...so dont know if 'Stuck in the middle' qualifies as a one hit wonder. Be that as it may...Baker street was Not at all a one hit wonder song. rafferty also had big hits with 'Right Down The Line' and others. He was a mega seller in the late 70s early 80s.

Correct, Rafferty was not a one-hit wonder. Steelers Wheel, however, was ALMOST a one hit wonder. Does anyone else remember ""Everyone's Agreed That Everything Will Turn Out Fine"? That was Steelers Wheel, too.

Here's a nice trivia tidbit: The first Steelers Wheel album was produced by Leiber & Stoller.

Correct, Rafferty was not a one-hit wonder. Steelers Wheel, however, was ALMOST a one hit wonder. Does anyone else remember ""Everyone's Agreed That Everything Will Turn Out Fine"? That was Steelers Wheel, too.

Here's a nice trivia tidbit: The first Steelers Wheel album was produced by Leiber & Stoller.

:rolleyes:;) This may be the ultimate in one hit wonders. No massive album sales in other countries. No other sorta hits.

what is with the double wrong? OK Rafferty was not a one hit wonder. But I wonder how many music fans can name a second hit from Rafferty? I would bet it is under 1%. And Rafferty did busk with the other member of Stealers Wheels. RIGHT!

what is with the double wrong? OK Rafferty was not a one hit wonder. But I wonder how many music fans can name a second hit from Rafferty? I would bet it is under 1%. And Rafferty did busk with the other member of Stealers Wheels. RIGHT!

well by saying he busked you implied that that is what the important thing was......he was a member of the group-which is the essential fact.

Rafferty was a strange case---huge seller-but kind of a recluse who didnt love the stage.

Yes I remember "Everyones Agreed...." good tune---and I guess is one of those debatable hits.....Like Looking Glass' 'Jimmy Love Marianne' was.

stealers wheel also included that scottish comedian at some point i believe...or maybe it was a band that led to stealers wheel

Yes I remember "Everyones Agreed...." good tune---and I guess is one of those debatable hits.....Like Looking Glass' 'Jimmy Love Marianne' was.