Duffs vs. Anchorbar

Lee Otis M C

Now dont get me wrong, Anchorbars wings are easily the best in the nation. But Duff's, with their oversized, voluptuous drum/wing plethora, along with the pitcher of coke and the best skinny french fries you can get -- anywhere -- I can honestly say i would rather spend a Saturday afternoon at Duffs than Anchorbar. Thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now dont get me wrong, Anchorbars wings are easily the best in the nation. But Duff's, with their oversized, voluptuous drum/wing plethora, along with the pitcher of coke and the best skinny french fries you can get -- anywhere -- I can honestly say i would rather spend a Saturday afternoon at Duffs than Anchorbar. Thoughts?

What is this "pitcher of coke" thing you speak of? :blink:

I don't think Anchor Bar are close to the best wings in WNY. I'll take Duff's any day, because I like my wings to be "stupid hot!", but still have good flavor.

And, as has already been noted, "pitcher of coke"? Dude?

I don't think Anchor Bar are close to the best wings in WNY. I'll take Duff's any day, because I like my wings to be "stupid hot!", but still have good flavor.

And, as has already been noted, "pitcher of coke"? Dude?

Don't knock the man. There's nothing wrong with drinking some coke. But yes, Duff's is better than Anchorbar. I think of Anchorbar as more of a tourist attraction that has pretty good wings.

Agreed. Acnhor Bar = overrated and overpriced tourist trap.

There are other random places around that have great tasting wings. Duffs is just the name everyone says first, but I don't think they necessarily have the best tasting wings.

I agree that there are other random places with great wings -- but I still always go back to Duff's. And as the original post says, the fries are AWESOME too. :blink:

Duff's for quality. Anchorbar for quantity.

Not sure if the joint across the street, Frizzy's, was there when you lived there full-time, but we also had a freaking great time knocking back the swill in that place.

Have never been to Fizzy's, but I hear good things. I think it used to be Shannon's.